Can't receive incoming faxes?

I sent a test fax to a friend and he received it just
fine. When he sent me his test fax, fax service answered
on auto as I had set it up to do so and answered the
call, the moden activated but I keet getting an error
message that fax was not received. I am running XP home
but have not updated to SP2 yet.

Thanks Chris
3 answers Last reply
More about receive incoming faxes

    I forgot to add, I am using a US Robitcs 56K Voice Win
    1806.

    Chris

    Usually a symptom of a modem that is not supported. Check the Windows XP HCL
    list to see if it is.

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    >I forgot to add, I am using a US Robitcs 56K Voice Win
    > 1806.
    >
    > Chris

    My gut feel is that your modem is not at all answering the incoming fax
    call. Does the fax console say that the fax call was answered. At what stage
    of the fax transmission, your incoming fax fails.(You could see the status
    of the fax transmission in the Fax Status monitor). If you are able to send
    faxes using your moden then you should not have great problems in receiving
    also. Provide us some more details on the problem if it still persists.

    --
    Naresh Chandrasekaran,

    purposes only.

    > Usually a symptom of a modem that is not supported. Check the Windows XP
    > HCL list to see if it is.
    >
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I forgot to add, I am using a US Robitcs 56K Voice Win
    >> 1806.
    >>
    >> Chris

Fax Microsoft Windows XP