CANON PRINTERS NOT FUNCTIONING W/SP2 or OTHER PRINTERS.

I have been working with my printer for over 5 days to try to troubleshoot
the printing problem myself. I could not print or fax and I have a Canon
Multifunction Printer C530. Well I finally decided to call Canonusa.com and
talked with a Tech Support Rep and we were able to resolve the problem. Now
if your printer is out of warranty, since the support is for SP2, there is no
charge as with my case. So I strongly suggest if your are having a printer
problem since SP2 install call your printer manufacture and they should be
able to resolve the problem for you. Hope this will help.

ladyintampa wrote:

> I have been working with my printer for over 5 days to try to troubleshoot
> the printing problem myself. I could not print or fax and I have a Canon
> Multifunction Printer C530. Well I finally decided to call Canonusa.com and
> talked with a Tech Support Rep and we were able to resolve the problem. Now
> if your printer is out of warranty, since the support is for SP2, there is no
> charge as with my case. So I strongly suggest if your are having a printer
> problem since SP2 install call your printer manufacture and they should be
> able to resolve the problem for you. Hope this will help.

It would have been nice if you had described the problem and how it was
solved.

The problem was my printer would not print nor would the multipass tool bar
alow me to send any faxes. I tried to uninstall the printer and reinstall
but after much frustration I was getting an error message "model key not
found", so when I called Canon, the representative walked me through many
fazes and it would be too much to list here. There were many steps so that
is why I am suggesting that you call either Canon or if you have any other
printer that is not working because of SP2, the tech support will walk you
through many steps to get you back and running. I know Canon is not charging
because it is a SP2 issue.
Also, don't try to reinstall the software after deleting it, if that is what
you wish to do as it will not work with SP2, that is why I had to call in the
first place.

I hope this helps and I am sorry I did provide more information.