  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 12, 2005 1:34:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Redbeard hit level 50 this evening while killing a fire giant in Solusek's
Eye in Lavastorm. For specific information about his gear, etc., see the
sony station link below in my sig file. BTW, if you haven't seen this zone,
it's one of the most jaw-dropping locations in all the realm, everything
Lavastorm always wanted to be. Fire-spewing crevaces, labyrynthian lava
tubes, wispy fire elementals, and an active, omimous volcano ever-present in
the distance. The most elaborate temple (Solusek Ro) I've seen in any EQ
zone ever; a thrill to explore and dangerous as hell.

So one journey ends and another begins. Woot!

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

More about : eq2 ding

Anonymous
April 12, 2005 1:26:24 PM

Bob Perez wrote:
> sony station link below in my sig file. BTW, if you haven't seen this
zone,
> it's one of the most jaw-dropping locations in all the realm,
everything
> Lavastorm always wanted to be. Fire-spewing crevaces, labyrynthian
lava
> tubes, wispy fire elementals, and an active, omimous volcano
ever-present in
> the distance. The most elaborate temple (Solusek Ro) I've seen in any
EQ
> zone ever; a thrill to explore and dangerous as hell.
>
> So one journey ends and another begins. Woot!

SE is one of my favorite zones in the game, that and TotD are just
gorgeous. SE dwarfs PF in the size and magnitude it has to offer.

Congrats on hitting 50.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 1:44:17 PM

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:34:38 -0700, Bob Perez wrote:

> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening while killing a fire giant in Solusek's
> Eye in Lavastorm. For specific information about his gear, etc., see the
> sony station link below in my sig file. BTW, if you haven't seen this zone,
> it's one of the most jaw-dropping locations in all the realm, everything
> Lavastorm always wanted to be. Fire-spewing crevaces, labyrynthian lava
> tubes, wispy fire elementals, and an active, omimous volcano ever-present in
> the distance. The most elaborate temple (Solusek Ro) I've seen in any EQ
> zone ever; a thrill to explore and dangerous as hell.
>
> So one journey ends and another begins. Woot!

Congrats! What's next? Just help out the guildies or re-roll and get the
tank/mage/scout experience?
--
RJB
4/12/2005 9:43:21 AM

"Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen."
-Homer Simpson
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 3:33:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

My Warrior in WoW hit the level cap of 60...looked around, yawned and went
to sleep.
He left a note laying next to him it read: Please wake me up when there is
something to do.
"Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message
> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening while killing a fire giant in Solusek's
> Eye in Lavastorm. For specific information about his gear, etc., see the
> sony station link below in my sig file. BTW, if you haven't seen this
> zone, it's one of the most jaw-dropping locations in all the realm,
> everything Lavastorm always wanted to be. Fire-spewing crevaces,
> labyrynthian lava tubes, wispy fire elementals, and an active, omimous
> volcano ever-present in the distance. The most elaborate temple (Solusek
> Ro) I've seen in any EQ zone ever; a thrill to explore and dangerous as
> hell.
>
> So one journey ends and another begins. Woot!
>
> --
> Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
> <Veritas>
> Dwarven Mystic and Alchemist of 50 Winters
> Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
> Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
> http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
> http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?charac...
>
> Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
> <Resolution, Retired>
> Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
> Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

Anonymous
April 12, 2005 4:45:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in

> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening

what's your /played?

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 4:47:25 PM

"knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in
>
>> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening
>
> what's your /played?

I been averaging about 12 hours per day, every day since the servers opened.

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>
Dwarven Mystic and Alchemist of 50 Winters
Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?charac...

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
April 12, 2005 5:42:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
On 2005-04-12, Bob Perez <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote:

> "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in
>>
>>> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening
>>
>> what's your /played?
>
> I been averaging about 12 hours per day, every day since the servers opened.

That's incredible. Especially if you stuck to 12 hours everyday
since launch. That's pretty sick to be honest. People work less
hours than that a day.

How has this impacted your health? I personally cannot spend more
than 3-4 hours playing games or doing hobby programming at
home. After sitting in an office all day I need to go out and
stretch my legs.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 6:19:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in

> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening while killing a fire giant in
> Solusek's Eye in Lavastorm. For specific information about his gear,
> etc., see the sony station link below in my sig file. BTW, if you
> haven't seen this zone, it's one of the most jaw-dropping locations in
> all the realm, everything Lavastorm always wanted to be. Fire-spewing
> crevaces, labyrynthian lava tubes, wispy fire elementals, and an
> active, omimous volcano ever-present in the distance. The most
> elaborate temple (Solusek Ro) I've seen in any EQ zone ever; a thrill
> to explore and dangerous as hell.
>
> So one journey ends and another begins. Woot!

Big gratz!

Now, about the conspicuous absence of Bobtales lately...throw us a bone,
would ya? ;)

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message

> Now, about the conspicuous absence of Bobtales lately...throw us a bone,
> would ya? ;)

I think Bob is wary of getting spanked. He is thin skinned.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 6:48:03 PM

In article <slrnd5o5lf.1qvj.shadows@helena.whitefang.com>, shadows
<shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:
> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
> On 2005-04-12, Bob Perez <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote:
> > I been averaging about 12 hours per day, every day since the servers opened.
>
> That's incredible. Especially if you stuck to 12 hours everyday
> since launch. That's pretty sick to be honest. People work less
> hours than that a day.

That post appears to have been made by Bob's stalker, not by him.

- Damien
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 7:59:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in

> "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in
> message news:115mjlljum4158d@news.supernews.com...
>> Redbeard hit level 50 this evening while killing a fire giant in
>> Solusek's Eye in Lavastorm. For specific information about his gear,
>> etc., see the sony station link below in my sig file. BTW, if you
>> haven't seen this zone, it's one of the most jaw-dropping locations
>> in all the realm, everything Lavastorm always wanted to be.
>> Fire-spewing crevaces, labyrynthian lava tubes, wispy fire
>> elementals, and an active, omimous volcano ever-present in the
>> distance. The most elaborate temple (Solusek Ro) I've seen in any EQ
>> zone ever; a thrill to explore and dangerous as hell.
>>
>> So one journey ends and another begins. Woot!

< top-post fixed >

> My Warrior in WoW hit the level cap of 60...looked around, yawned and
> went to sleep.
> He left a note laying next to him it read: Please wake me up when
> there is something to do.

I'm merely guessing that the point you're trying to make here isn't that
your only interest in WoW was to attain the max level, and that you were
actually in it for other reasons as well.

That's not what your post conveys, though.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

Bob Perez wrote:
> Redbeard hit level 50

Congratulations! I was talking about this with a Guild mate of mine, and
we were thinking it must be an absolutely amazing feeling to hit the cap
in a game such as this, as we have never done it ourselves yet (I played
EQLive but didn't build up much of a friends base on there, and soloing
wasn't really doing it for me so I never progressed very far).

There must also be the weird feeling of waiting on new content, a cap
rise, or just feeling you have little else that can conquer you, so you
have the freedom to explore and take on the higher level aims?

--
Michael Greenhalgh
---

EverQuest 2:
Miglok | Half-Elf Ranger | Lavastorm

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue
---
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:23:29 PM

"RJB" <robartle@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Congrats! What's next? Just help out the guildies or re-roll and get the
> tank/mage/scout experience?

Thanks! There's lots to do now that I no longer have to think about
attaining new levels or spells. Things on my to-do list:

1) Continue building Veritas into the guild we've envisioned. We just hit
guild level 20, which I believe places us in the top 10 on the server, so we
have a good, dedicated player base. We have an active raiding schedule to
pursue and many recruits to bring through the system and get prepared for
the big raids ahead. There are dragons to conquer, prismatic weapons to
acquire, new mysteries to solve (e.g., the plague) and much existing content
that we've still yet to see. Building a raid-ready guild *starts* by
building a player base of adequately experienced and geared up players and
we're well on the way toward that goal, but with much more to do. Mentoring
will allow me to start helping others in the guild level up by giving them
the experience I no longer need.

2) Getting my wife leveled up to my level. She's not on as often but is high
enough to still get experience with me without mentoring, so with mentoring
she ought to rise pretty fast.

3) Hitting level 50 in Alchemy. I started off strong in crafting but left it
behind once I started full-time adventuring. Now that this is done I can
resume where I left off. I'll hit L30 Alchemy tonight and will push on to 50
so that I can start making and imbuing the materials needed for some of the
great player crafted items in Tier 5.

4) Now that I know my spells are fixed for a while, I can focus on upgrading
all of them to Adept III to make me more effective in my role.

5) Complete the remaining Heritage quests that are still pending. I've
completed 18 of them, and have 4 pending (which I believe is all that there
are currently in the game). There's a new title available after hitting 20
Heritage, "the Relic Keeper". I'll probably do the Eyepatch and BBC next to
hit that title.

6) There's a lot more content I've yet to see. I've never raided Vox or
Venekor, nor even seen Nagafen. I haven't yet started the infamous Deception
quest and there are many Access quests I'd like to get accomplished (e.g.,
Heart of Fear).

There is plenty to do now!

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>
Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?charac...

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:25:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message

> Big gratz!

Thanks!

> Now, about the conspicuous absence of Bobtales lately...

I've been too busy playing to write! But I hear that there is a new Heroic
version of Nektropos Castle with a new access quest that begins in
Lavastorm. I've always been suspicious of that nefarious Everling family and
one shouldn't assume that once killed, forever buried ...

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>
Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?charac...

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:26:38 PM

"Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message

> My Warrior in WoW hit the level cap of 60...looked around, yawned and went
> to sleep.
> He left a note laying next to him it read: Please wake me up when there is
> something to do.

Have you raided Onyxia? Are there any other high-level dragons or other
suitable targets to raid in your game?
--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>
Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?charac...

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:29:51 PM

"Michael Greenhalgh" <spammy@tripleb.co.uk> wrote in message

> Congratulations!

Thank you!

> There must also be the weird feeling of waiting on new content, a cap
> rise, or just feeling you have little else that can conquer you, so you
> have the freedom to explore and take on the higher level aims?

Well I haven't really run out of things to do, I've just acquired new time
to do them all. There's no shortage of content yet (there are many places
I've yet to see and I've still killed no dragons!), but I have no idea how
long that condition will last, I'm bound to run out of content eventually.
But I'm not there yet.

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>
Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?charac...

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:32:20 PM

"scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in message

> SE is one of my favorite zones in the game, that and TotD are just
> gorgeous. SE dwarfs PF in the size and magnitude it has to offer.

Yes, frankly, I was disappointed with Permafrost. After I completed the
statues quest I wondered what else there was besides the few named running
around and of course the Vision of Vox. I'm sure there's a lot more there
than has yet met my eye, but so far I'm much more impressed with LS and SE.
Beautiful zone, but it pales in comparison to Lavastorm.

> Congrats on hitting 50.

Thanks!

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>
Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?charac...

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:44:25 PM

"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.com> wrote in news:fImdnTfAq6eTlMHfRVn-qg@comcast.com:

> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Now, about the conspicuous absence of Bobtales lately...throw us a bone,
>> would ya? ;)
>
> I think Bob is wary of getting spanked. He is thin skinned.

Don't you have a bridge to be hiding under or something?

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

Rumbledor wrote:

> "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.com> wrote in news:fImdnTfAq6eTlMHfRVn-qg@comcast.com:
>

>>"Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Now, about the conspicuous absence of Bobtales lately...throw us a bone,
>>>would ya? ;)
>>
>>I think Bob is wary of getting spanked. He is thin skinned.
>>

> Don't you have a bridge to be hiding under or something?

He has to attack Bob. If he doesn't he will slowly turn into an actual
human being and shed his troll skin.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:44:26 PM

> "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.com> wrote in news:fImdnTfAq6eTlMHfRVn-qg@comcast.com:
>

>> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Now, about the conspicuous absence of Bobtales lately...throw us a bone,
>>> would ya? ;)
>>
>> I think Bob is wary of getting spanked. He is thin skinned.
>
> Don't you have a bridge to be hiding under or something?

Did you miss the EQ2 vs WOW thread? EQ2 is a like a fine vintage wine BS
bob spewed?

Bob got flamed pretty good. Was well worth a few laughs.

It won't surprise me if Bob NEVER posts another bobtales ever again. Thank
goodness for that.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 11:36:25 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
> On 2005-04-12, Bob Perez <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote:
> >
> > "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in

> >> what's your /played?
> >
> > I been averaging about 12 hours per day, every day since the servers
opened.

> That's incredible. Especially if you stuck to 12 hours everyday
> since launch. That's pretty sick to be honest. People work less
> hours than that a day.
>
> How has this impacted your health? I personally cannot spend more
> than 3-4 hours playing games or doing hobby programming at
> home. After sitting in an office all day I need to go out and
> stretch my legs.

Um.. yeah. I see Bob's stalker is back to impersonate him again.

Must really be amusing to know you traumatized him so much that he's *still*
trying to get even. :)

--
Davian - Night Elf Rogue on Bloodhoof
Dearic - Dwarven Warrior on Bloodhoof

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.com> wrote in

> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.com> wrote in
>>

>>> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I think Bob is wary of getting spanked. He is thin skinned.
>>
>> Don't you have a bridge to be hiding under or something?
>
> Did you miss the EQ2 vs WOW thread? EQ2 is a like a fine vintage wine
> BS bob spewed?
>
> Bob got flamed pretty good. Was well worth a few laughs.
>
> It won't surprise me if Bob NEVER posts another bobtales ever again.
> Thank goodness for that.

No, I didn't miss it. I just remember it a bit differently than you do. The
version I remember involved you repeatedly making an ass out of yourself
and getting lit up like a Christmas tree at several points.

However, you weren't content to sling your short-sighted drivel like so
much zoo monkey poo. You then proceeded to stalk his every post, even going
so far as to impersonate him. It was truly quite pathetic.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Damien Neil" <neild-usenet2@misago.org> wrote in message
> In article <slrnd5o5lf.1qvj.shadows@helena.whitefang.com>, shadows
> <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:
>> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
>> On 2005-04-12, Bob Perez <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote:
>> > I been averaging about 12 hours per day, every day since the servers opened.
>>
>> That's incredible. Especially if you stuck to 12 hours everyday
>> since launch. That's pretty sick to be honest. People work less
>> hours than that a day.
>
> That post appears to have been made by Bob's stalker, not by him.
>
> - Damien

Bob has an internet stalker? I guess that officially makes him a celebrity...or someone that can
pissoff a usenet loser :-)
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 1:00:00 AM

Reg LeCrisp wrote:
> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.com> wrote in news:fImdnTfAq6eTlMHfRVn-qg@comcast.com:
>>

>>>"Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message

>>>I think Bob is wary of getting spanked. He is thin skinned.
>>
>>Don't you have a bridge to be hiding under or something?
>

> Did you miss the EQ2 vs WOW thread? EQ2 is a like a fine vintage wine BS
> bob spewed?
>
> Bob got flamed pretty good. Was well worth a few laughs.
>
> It won't surprise me if Bob NEVER posts another bobtales ever again. Thank
> goodness for that.

*plonk*

--
Michael Greenhalgh
---
MMORPGs
EverQuest:
Miglok | Half-Elf Ranger | Venril Sathir
Rayd | Iksar Shadowknight | Venril Sathir

EverQuest 2:
Miglok Skreefyre of Venril Sathir, Hunter of Gnolls | Half-Elf Ranger |
Lavastorm
Rayd | Iksar Summoner | Lavastorm

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue

---
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 1:25:40 AM

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

> That's incredible. Especially if you stuck to 12 hours everyday
> since launch. That's pretty sick to be honest. People work less
> hours than that a day.
>
> How has this impacted your health? I personally cannot spend more
> than 3-4 hours playing games or doing hobby programming at
> home. After sitting in an office all day I need to go out and
> stretch my legs.

I agree, 12 hrs/day is sick.
April 13, 2005 3:32:02 AM

On 2005-04-13, James_ <_no_@spam.com> wrote:

> Bob has an internet stalker? I guess that officially makes him
> a celebrity...or someone that can pissoff a usenet loser :-)

Bobs problem is he'll post constantly about an issue for
months. When he got in the EQ2 and WoW beta he kept us all
informed on his decision on which one to play. It went on and
on. Post after post. Daily diaries almost.

Add to the mix that Bob once flamed me out of nowhere for posting
back something which I'm sure wasn't very negative, and you
begin to see why he has a stalker.

He's a very active, childish poster that's going "wee wee" with
his little toys in front of everyone and getting mad when someone
accidently kicks one of his action figures.

It's a recipe for at least ONE stalker :-)
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 5:33:43 AM

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
> On 2005-04-12, Bob Perez <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote:
>>
>> I been averaging about 12 hours per day, every day since the servers
>> opened.
>
> That's incredible. Especially if you stuck to 12 hours everyday
> since launch. That's pretty sick to be honest. People work less
> hours than that a day.
>
> How has this impacted your health?

Well my cholesterol has gone up 12 percent and I am now weighing in at a
solid 340. But who's counting?

I got my wife cooking me some good grubs as we enjoy a night playing my all
time favorite game, City of Heroes, or was that Everquest?, maybe my other
all time favorite game Everquest 2, or perhaps the all time greatest game
ever WoW?

hey did I share with you guys my other favorite all time game that simply
cannot be beat, Matrix Online? Once I max my character on there I shall
share with you another Bobtales !

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>
Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?charac...

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 9:17:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Bod asked, "> Have you raided Onyxia? Are there any other high-level dragons
or other
> suitable targets to raid in your game?"

Yeah, there is of course all the raids and instances that folk are doing
over and over again to get their epic gear. I just don't have the time or
the patience to do those aspects of the game. Take a good hour or two just
forming a raiding party or Instance group...put everything else into the mix
and 4 or 5 hours later you might get to "roll" on one piece of equipment
that you might need.
WoW was very solo and casual pre-60..but at 60 the bottom falls out of that
and you are left with either re-rolling another toon or doing the instance
run over and over again.

I actually got more mileage from CoH which by nearly everyone's opinion was
a very short-run game because of the "boredom" factor.

Oh well, DAoC still remains the MMORPG that brought me the most fun over a
longer period of time...until ToA that is.

> "Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message
>
>> My Warrior in WoW hit the level cap of 60...looked around, yawned and
>> went to sleep.
>> He left a note laying next to him it read: Please wake me up when there
>> is something to do.
>
> Have you raided Onyxia? Are there any other high-level dragons or other
> suitable targets to raid in your game?
> --
> Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
> <Veritas>
> Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
> Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
> Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
> http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
> http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?charac...
>
> Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
> <Resolution, Retired>
> Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
> Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

Anonymous
April 13, 2005 10:42:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

I liked EQ2 but the stupid decision of having an access quest to
everywhere (and I mean *everywhere*) after 20 just killed it for me.
Well, that and the fact that all my guild partners left the game for RL
issues and I was always playing alone, so I set my goal to get a horse,
managed to buy it in like 2 weeks, and then was back in having to do
access quests to go wherever I wanted, so I said screw it.
Trying WoW now, it's fun but too group unfriendly to me, I just wish
fights lasted twice as much, as it is, by the time I cast my first
spell the mob is already dead (if you have more than 2 people in the
group)
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 5:10:32 PM

Bob Perez wrote:
> 2) Getting my wife leveled up to my level. She's not on as often but
is high
> enough to still get experience with me without mentoring, so with
mentoring
> she ought to rise pretty fast.

I think she would get more experience without you mentoring. I have a
really good friend that is level 38 (lowest you can group with a 50 and
get xp without them needing to mentor). Mentoring down to her level is
a real pain... its been so long since I've been there I don't even
remember what arts to use.

I don't think the 5% bonus (up to 15% max I think) makes up for being
able to mow down stuff that cons bright red to her solo. What I like
to do is get PF groups (she didn't do LS access yet) with one healer,
and then rip through the giants. The 50s turn off combat xp (seems to
pick it up a bit for the non-50s) and we absolutely shred everything in
the way. It ends up being awesome experience for her (we did the
similar when she was 37, but mentored down to 49) and we get to earn
some cash to support the raiding habit.

In my mind, mentoring is a great way to get mobs green for loot drops,
hanging out with friends you really out level, or finishing quests that
require a chest drop. Other than that, if she gets xp when you don't
mentor, she is much better off with you shredding stuff in full force.

Of course, that is just my experience and I could be totally wrong :p
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 6:22:26 PM

Bob Perez wrote:
> "Michael Greenhalgh" <spammy@tripleb.co.uk> wrote in message
>

>>Congratulations!
>

> Thank you!

I just also wanted to add a thank you for linking to your Guild's
website in your signature. As I mentioned elsewhere my Gaming
Community/Clan have begun expansion into EverQuest 2 and while we have a
lot of experience of running a clan, our knowledge of running an MMORPG
Guild such as this one is sadly lacking. Your Guild's site has provided
some useful insights into how to handle the process.

--
Michael Greenhalgh
---
MMORPGs
EverQuest:
Miglok | Half-Elf Ranger | Venril Sathir
Rayd | Iksar Shadowknight | Venril Sathir

EverQuest 2:
Miglok Skreefyre of Venril Sathir, Hunter of Gnolls | Half-Elf Ranger |
Lavastorm
Rayd | Iksar Summoner | Lavastorm

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue

---
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 6:51:05 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in

> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
>> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
>> On 2005-04-12, Bob Perez <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > I been averaging about 12 hours per day, every day since the
>> > servers opened.
>>
>> That's incredible. Especially if you stuck to 12 hours everyday
>> since launch. That's pretty sick to be honest. People work less
>> hours than that a day.
>>
>> How has this impacted your health? I personally cannot spend more
>> than 3-4 hours playing games or doing hobby programming at
>> home. After sitting in an office all day I need to go out and stretch
>> my legs.
>
> Um.. yeah. I see Bob's stalker is back to impersonate him again.
>
> Must really be amusing to know you traumatized him so much that he's
> *still* trying to get even. :)
>
> --
> Davian - Night Elf Rogue on Bloodhoof
> Dearic - Dwarven Warrior on Bloodhoof

Still using the comcast account I see, I guess not enough complaints have
been sent in yet...

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
April 13, 2005 8:36:28 PM

shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> writes:

> Bobs problem is he'll post constantly about an issue for
> months. When he got in the EQ2 and WoW beta he kept us all
> informed on his decision on which one to play. It went on and
> on. Post after post. Daily diaries almost.

The thing is, some of us happen to _enjoy_ those posts, and those of
us who don't can simply skip past them - they're not that hard to
identify. So I don't see how this is a bad thing.

> Add to the mix that Bob once flamed me out of nowhere for posting
> back something which I'm sure wasn't very negative, and you
> begin to see why he has a stalker.

One case of random flaming hardly merits a stalker, or half of usenet
would have them...
April 13, 2005 8:36:29 PM

On 2005-04-13, patrik@nordebo.com <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote:
> shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> writes:
>
>> Bobs problem is he'll post constantly about an issue for
>> months. When he got in the EQ2 and WoW beta he kept us all
>> informed on his decision on which one to play. It went on and
>> on. Post after post. Daily diaries almost.
>
> The thing is, some of us happen to _enjoy_ those posts, and those of
> us who don't can simply skip past them - they're not that hard to
> identify. So I don't see how this is a bad thing.

You know what's worse? People posting back single line posts with
"congrats!" This isn't his blog it's a newsgroup. I don't care if
its on topic or not. He can act with some courtesy and treat it
like a public forum. I don't want to hear about his eating
habits, and I don't want him posting 1000 lines about "Redbeard."
He's a grown adult acting like a child.

You can't really ignore these threads. They're content in the
newsgroup, which, and I will be the first to admit, are
completely on-topic but are chock full of Bob going "wee wee
woosh woosh" with his toys. It's irresponsible and
anti-social. I've been guilty of it in the past but when someone
posts these huge idiotic posts and gets 5-6 people posting
one-liners back they should take a step back and realize it's not
proper.

Bob doesn't seem to care. No number of "fans" will redeem his
irresponsible acts.
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 8:39:11 PM

Permit me to ask this, Are you serious Shadows?
If you are....I really dont know what you're talking about.
If you're not, then I don't get the joke..

Either way your post baffles me.
> On 2005-04-13, patrik@nordebo.com <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote:
>> shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> writes:
>>
>>> Bobs problem is he'll post constantly about an issue for
>>> months. When he got in the EQ2 and WoW beta he kept us all
>>> informed on his decision on which one to play. It went on and
>>> on. Post after post. Daily diaries almost.
>>
>> The thing is, some of us happen to _enjoy_ those posts, and those of
>> us who don't can simply skip past them - they're not that hard to
>> identify. So I don't see how this is a bad thing.
>
> You know what's worse? People posting back single line posts with
> "congrats!" This isn't his blog it's a newsgroup. I don't care if
> its on topic or not. He can act with some courtesy and treat it
> like a public forum. I don't want to hear about his eating
> habits, and I don't want him posting 1000 lines about "Redbeard."
> He's a grown adult acting like a child.
>
> You can't really ignore these threads. They're content in the
> newsgroup, which, and I will be the first to admit, are
> completely on-topic but are chock full of Bob going "wee wee
> woosh woosh" with his toys. It's irresponsible and
> anti-social. I've been guilty of it in the past but when someone
> posts these huge idiotic posts and gets 5-6 people posting
> one-liners back they should take a step back and realize it's not
> proper.
>
> Bob doesn't seem to care. No number of "fans" will redeem his
> irresponsible acts.

Anonymous
April 14, 2005 5:36:33 PM

> Not really. I'd just like Bob to post to the EQ group when he
> posts silly things like "Redbeard just made level 50." He can get
> all the one-liners congratulating him there. Crossposting here is
> just stupid and irresponsible.

Wrong. It's no less on topic here than in the EQ group.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
April 14, 2005 10:32:57 PM

>shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> writes:
>

> You know what's worse? People posting back single line posts with
> "congrats!" This isn't his blog it's a newsgroup. I don't care if
> its on topic or not. He can act with some courtesy and treat it
> like a public forum. I don't want to hear about his eating
> habits, and I don't want him posting 1000 lines about "Redbeard."
> He's a grown adult acting like a child.

He should act w/some courtesy? Are you the one we should
look to as an example of courtesy? You're always so kind
and understanding! Never a harsh word from shadows! That's
what they say!

Are the people who reply w/one line posts saying 'congrats'
his fault? Nothin' wrong w/sayin' congrats, not his fault
if they don't add anything else more substantive to that in
their reply along w/it. And even if they don't, as you
point out, its a public forum, they don't have to.

Its not a blog, so he should treat this place like a public
forum and not post such things here? How is he not treating
it like a public forum? I know what you're saying, that an
on-going account of a gameplay experience would fit better
in a blog, but I disagree. I don't like blogs, mainly
because comments are nested, disorganized, perhaps
moderated, and usually messy, especially if you want to go
back later to continue where ya left off in a 'discussion'.
As such, if he put up a blog, I wouldn't see it and thus
wouldn't have heard his account of eq2. I have very
different likes and dislikes from bob about video games and
his descriptions of eq2 helped convince me not to get it,
but I still enjoyed his posts and indeed, found them helpful
in that way. Also, it was like I got to enjoy eq2 a little
w/out actually having to play it. I'd rather such things
were posted here where 'comments' are just extensions of the
thread, everyone having equal ability to contribute just as
much as the original author rather than on a blog where only
the blogger can put stuff on the main page, add certain
kinds of content, and moderate comments.

Also, its not like we exactly have a problem w/too many
posts around here. There's much less traffic in this group
than there was, say, 5 years ago, and much more spam - or
maybe I'm remembering days gone by w/more nostalgia than
they deserve. The last thing we need to do is discourage
non-spam posts about gaming, just because they happen to not
interest shadows. Its not
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.posts.that.interest.shadows

Basically it comes down to this. I'd much rather see bob's
posts giving an account of a game I haven't played, helping
me to decide if I would want it or not, or even just to give
me an interesting read about a game I don't have, than to
hear your account of an individual and his posts.

Its not as if when people post in bob's threads, that it
constitutes stealing attention from more important (to you)
threads or something. Like there's a finite amount of posts
to be had in a given time period, and bob is selfishly
taking them all for himself into his threads. People post
to the topics that interest them. If people weren't
interested in what bob had to say - he'd get no replies.
They reply precisely because they find it interesting enough
to read and write about. Not counting the posts that are
for the sake of flaming of course.

> You can't really ignore these threads. They're content in the
> newsgroup, which, and I will be the first to admit, are
> completely on-topic but are chock full of Bob going "wee wee
> woosh woosh" with his toys. It's irresponsible and
> anti-social. I've been guilty of it in the past but when someone
> posts these huge idiotic posts and gets 5-6 people posting
> one-liners back they should take a step back and realize it's not
> proper.

Yes, you *can* ignore threads. If you really really try,
you can. I promise. Its doable. I know someone who did it
once. He ignored like this whole thread that was about
something that didn't interest him. Really. It was hard,
took a lot of training, but he did it. He almost didn't
make it. But now he has a good war story to tell around the
camp fire to scare the children, yet at the same time, teach
them important life lessons. Give it the old college
effort there man. If he could do it, you can too! You need
like AA for usenet junkies if you simply can't make yourself
not read posts in this group because 'they're content in the
newsgroup' - the first step in solving your usenet reading
problem is admitting you have one!

hehe, he's just going wee wee woosh woosh w/his toys eh?
And you're being a mature adult? A mature adult in a
usenet newsgroup talking about video games? hehe. Pot,
kettle, black. What posts in a group about video games,
primarily populated by consumers, some of which aren't
adults (which is allowed, by the way) are not posts where we
are just talking about our toys? Most posts here are us
talking about our toys, and by definition immature, no
matter how flowery our language might be. Well, maybe most
posts are just various group members insulting each other,
but the rest are us talking about our toys. => Kinda makes
me chuckle the same as it does when my little neice talks
about 'when I was a *kid* I liked shows like xyz, but now I
like abc(some other kid's show) instead' - as if now she's
all grown up because she's upgraded to a slightly less kidsy
show to watch. hehe.

> Bob doesn't seem to care. No number of "fans" will redeem his
> irresponsible acts.

Yeah, so irrepsonsible to post, as you yourself admit - on
topic, in a public forum. He even writes in such a way as
to encourage replies. What scum! Now I have to like read
all these replies and stuff too! Man! Just ain't right.
Soylent green is people!

Leo
April 14, 2005 10:37:06 PM

P.S. didn't mean to change the subject line there in that
message of mine, just hit 'reply' like usual and for some
reason it did that. Sorry to those of you for which this
created a new thread.

Leo
April 14, 2005 10:45:12 PM

On 2005-04-14, knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
> Zoiks! <zoiks@shaggy.com> wrote in

> Lets worry about that when it becomes a problem, shall we? It's not like
> we're overflowing with content in the group as it is.

That's not the point. Bad content that Bob brings just brings the
newsgroup down. I'd rather see five good posts a day than five
good posts and Bob telling us his reason for dropping or
subscribing to WoW yet again.
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 4:22:59 AM

shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message news:<slrnd5p86g.1rdc.shadows@helena.whitefang.com>...
> On 2005-04-13, James_ <_no_@spam.com> wrote:
>
> > Bob has an internet stalker? I guess that officially makes him
> > a celebrity...or someone that can pissoff a usenet loser :-)
>
> Bobs problem is he'll post constantly about an issue for
> months. When he got in the EQ2 and WoW beta he kept us all
> informed on his decision on which one to play. It went on and
> on. Post after post. Daily diaries almost.
>
> Add to the mix that Bob once flamed me out of nowhere for posting
> back something which I'm sure wasn't very negative, and you
> begin to see why he has a stalker.
>
> He's a very active, childish poster that's going "wee wee" with
> his little toys in front of everyone and getting mad when someone
> accidently kicks one of his action figures.
>
> It's a recipe for at least ONE stalker :-)

Shadow don't you think you described yourself here? To me, you are a
very active, childish poster that's going "wee wee" with
his little toys in front of everyone and getting mad when someone
accidently kicks one of his action figures. Enjoy.
April 15, 2005 10:05:01 AM

On 2005-04-15, vanhatai@gmail.com <vanhatai@gmail.com> wrote:

> Shadow don't you think you described yourself here? To me, you are a
> very active, childish poster that's going "wee wee" with
> his little toys in front of everyone and getting mad when someone
> accidently kicks one of his action figures. Enjoy.

What are you smoking? I don't post STORIES of my CHARACTERS and
describe my FEELINGS toward said CHARACTERS.
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 12:16:40 PM

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:11:13 -0700, Grotnar wrote:

> And Bob's troll/stalker is annoying. I'm not sure his motivation. But if
> it's to make himself
> look stupid, he's doing a decent job.

Actually Bob made him look stupid and he's trying to catch up. Reg's
problem is multiple personalities and none of them are worth listening to.
--
RJB
4/15/2005 8:15:58 AM

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
--Benjamin Franklin
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 12:40:56 PM

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:45:12 -0500, shadows wrote:

> On 2005-04-14, knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Zoiks! <zoiks@shaggy.com> wrote in
>
>> Lets worry about that when it becomes a problem, shall we? It's not like
>> we're overflowing with content in the group as it is.
>
> That's not the point. Bad content that Bob brings just brings the
> newsgroup down. I'd rather see five good posts a day than five
> good posts and Bob telling us his reason for dropping or
> subscribing to WoW yet again.

Yeah, unlike *your* many posts on why WoW wasn't worth playing and how
KOTOR2 was mangled. Why do you say it's bad content? It's on-topic, helpful
to some and is well written unlike some of the trash here. Are you that
insecure that one flame from Bob puts him on your hit list? If so then go
stand in the corner with Reg, ok?
--
RJB
4/15/2005 8:16:54 AM

I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.
--Steven Wright
April 15, 2005 2:25:15 PM

On 2005-04-15, RJB <robartle@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, unlike *your* many posts on why WoW wasn't worth playing and how
> KOTOR2 was mangled. Why do you say it's bad content? It's on-topic, helpful
> to some and is well written unlike some of the trash here. Are you that
> insecure that one flame from Bob puts him on your hit list? If so then go
> stand in the corner with Reg, ok?

How is it helpful to post about making level 50 in EQ2? Who
exactly is he helping? What is he discussing?

That's right. It's a monologue about EQ2. There are better forums
for it.
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 3:43:31 PM

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:25:15 -0500, shadows wrote:

> On 2005-04-15, RJB <robartle@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, unlike *your* many posts on why WoW wasn't worth playing and how
>> KOTOR2 was mangled. Why do you say it's bad content? It's on-topic, helpful
>> to some and is well written unlike some of the trash here. Are you that
>> insecure that one flame from Bob puts him on your hit list? If so then go
>> stand in the corner with Reg, ok?
>
> How is it helpful to post about making level 50 in EQ2? Who
> exactly is he helping? What is he discussing?
There was some information about a zone I've never been to in there. I, for
one, would like to know how others handle a particular quest or location.
It may vary from my experience or be exactly the same ... or I might
decide, from *his* experience, whether it is worth my time to persue it.
From his description I'll most definately check out Sol Ro.

> That's right. It's a monologue about EQ2. There are better forums
> for it.
So? Oh, I forgot. If it don't intest his Royal Highness shadows then the
rest of the world can pound sand, right? Boy you are narcissistic aren't
you? Do us a favor and take your self-love act somewhere else... please.

--
RJB
4/15/2005 11:36:36 AM

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is
suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best
friends. If they are okay, then it's you.
--Rita Mae Brown
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 4:53:41 PM

> On 2005-04-14, knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Zoiks! <zoiks@shaggy.com> wrote in
>
>> Lets worry about that when it becomes a problem, shall we? It's not
>> like we're overflowing with content in the group as it is.
>
> That's not the point. Bad content that Bob brings just brings the
> newsgroup down. I'd rather see five good posts a day than five
> good posts and Bob telling us his reason for dropping or
> subscribing to WoW yet again.

Than this is a website that might be of interest to you:

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/tutor/slrnscorefile-faq.ht...

Scorefiles are your friend.
--
Marcel
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

On 2005-04-15, knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

> Who besides you and Reg Lecrisp, aka BobStalker? I've seen several people
> say they like the posts.

The last time he posted a Bobtale (tm) there were at least six
came to his defense.

> If that actually becomes a problem lets worry about it then. Bob has been
> a regular here long before EQ2 or hell even EQ1. Naturally his posts are
> interesting to some of the other long-timers here. Posts and topics is
> not what makes this newsgroup a community, it's enjoying conversation
> with people you know, and a lot of us know Bob pretty well. Some of us
> even like him.

Then please respond to his embaressing EQ kiddie talk by taking
it to the EQ group and setting Followup-To appropriately.
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 5:27:37 PM

> What are you smoking? I don't post STORIES of my CHARACTERS and
> describe my FEELINGS toward said CHARACTERS.

You act like that's a bad thing. It's called ROLE PLAYING, perhaps you've
heard of it? That's the very thing that RPGs are supposed to be about.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 5:30:29 PM

"Grotnar" <nope@nowhere.com> wrote in news:9vqdnWI0_MC66sLfRVn-
tw@comcast.com:

>> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>
> Nice Blog....

Thanks, and basically /agree with everything you wrote that I snipped.
Should have some more content on KnightGames soon, about Guild Wars beta
and Heritage of Kings: The Settlers. Maybe some updates to my WoW site
also.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 8:21:28 PM

> That's right. It's a monologue about EQ2. There are better forums
> for it.

And one other thing, he IS doing the courtesy of putting [EQ2] in the
headers. If your newsreader can't filter based on that, you REALLY need a
better news reader.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
      • 1 / 2
      • 2