XP Pint Share - Win98 users

I have a simple peer-2-peer network setup at home. One PC (this one) is on
all the time as it is used for ICS and is running XP Pro SP1. I am also
using it for print sharing as it is on all the time and can be used as a
shared resource.

My other XP machine on the network can print through this one and can also
see this one's shared resources, including the printer, when using Windows
Explorer.

However, my Win98 PC can't see the shared printer on this macine even though
it can see the printer when using Explorer. Trying to setup a "network
printer" on the Win98 machine won't work because the Win98 machine can't see
the path to the printer that is on this XP machine set-up for sharing.

Any ideas how to fix this irritating problem please??
1 answer Last reply
More about pint share win98 users

    When "adding" the printer to your XP machine simply type
    in the name of the computer and printer so XP can find it.
    \\Win98computer-name\printer-name

Windows XP Printers