Print as laid out on screen...

Trying to print as 'laid out on screen' . Click print>options> 'as laid out
on screen' Doesn't work??? Deleted soft wear and reinstalled. Nothing???
Tried to upgrade drivers.?? Nothing. Should be no brainer!! What?? OS. xP-hp
printer.
6 answers Last reply
More about print laid screen

    "Tom" wrote:

    > Trying to print as 'laid out on screen' . Click print>options> 'as laid out
    > on screen' Doesn't work??? Deleted soft wear and reinstalled. Nothing???
    > Tried to upgrade drivers.?? Nothing. Should be no brainer!! What?? OS. xP-hp
    > printer.

    When you say doesn't work. explain. No Print at all or
    does not look like screen.
    An exact copy of the screen can be had with a little more
    work.
    With desired screen displayed, press the "print scrn" key.
    Nothing appears to happen.
    Open the "Paint" program, included with windows.
    With the Paint program running, Press & hold ctrl while
    press and release the "v" key [the paste command, release
    the ctrl key.
    You should now see your original screen picture displayed.
    Save, edit and/or print at your discretion.

    "Tom" wrote:

    > Trying to print as 'laid out on screen' . Click print>options> 'as laid out
    > on screen' Doesn't work??? Deleted soft wear and reinstalled. Nothing???
    > Tried to upgrade drivers.?? Nothing. Should be no brainer!! What?? OS. xP-hp
    > printer.
    > Thanks desco I'll give it a try!

    geo junior" <geojunior@discussions.microsoft.com
    I am unable to see what your input is on several posts.
    Look back on your posts and check your settings so we can
    appreciate your knowledge!

    Thanks desco. Did it! But still printed more than I wanted. Still printed 2
    pages with too much yada, yada. Instead Painted text that I wanted.
    Paint>copy>write mail> paste> print. Sure there is even a better way. Tom

    "Tom" wrote:

    > "Tom" wrote:
    >
    > > Trying to print as 'laid out on screen' . Click print>options> 'as laid out
    > > on screen' Doesn't work??? Deleted soft wear and reinstalled. Nothing???
    > > Tried to upgrade drivers.?? Nothing. Should be no brainer!! What?? OS. xP-hp
    > > printer.
    > > Thanks desco I'll give it a try!
  6. i think what Tom is trying to do is print the entire page on a single paper.
    Answer this question: How do you print the entire page of a website on a single paper?

    I'd apprciate your answer myself bec i have the same problem.
    The print option: "AS LAID OUT ON SCREEN" is greyed out so i couldnt set my printer to that option.
    been pulling my hair since this morning..
    Thanks.

    Quote:

    geo junior" <geojunior@discussions.microsoft.com
    I am unable to see what your input is on several posts.
    Look back on your posts and check your settings so we can
    appreciate your knowledge!

Windows XP