Sign in with
Your question

GTA IV - Is it possible to max it out? ( I did read the pinned topic )

Last response: in Video Games
June 29, 2012 5:47:21 PM

:bounce:  HEY CRAZY PEOPLES!!!

I searched on the web a PC able to run GTA IV maxed out only to find people asking if there PC were able to max it out ( which were old rig ) and I never found any answer to my question... SO HERE I AM!!!

So, is it possible to run GTA IV ( Grand Theft Auto 4 ... ) in maximum or it's simply impossible due to unstability of drivers and bad PC optimisation from R*?

Is Max Payne 3 engine more stable?

If it's possible to max it out, what config do you need? I heard you need at least 4 cores and alot of memory from your rig and gpu.

Thanks CRAZY PEOPLES W00T!
June 29, 2012 6:18:40 PM

So explain me, when you install ic enhancer, you put GTAIV the highest you can and apply the patch and its that beautiful? With a similar or less framerate? :bounce: 
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 29, 2012 6:30:10 PM

IC enchncer is kinda risky. Some people installed it and can only do 3 fps. Others installed it and got a boost to performance. It worked out better for more people tha not. However, you need to patch down to 1.0.4.0 for best performance with the mod.
m
l
June 29, 2012 6:53:58 PM

Great! Gonna try this soon. I've got a gtx 580 ( bottlenecked by my Core2Quad Q6600... ). We'll see what will be the result.
m
l
July 1, 2012 9:22:19 PM

to max out gta 4 you need a minimum of 1.5gigs of gfx ram with a gtx 260 or better. a 3.2 quad core and 2 gigs of ram and finally a fast hdd. its not a demaning game in respect to gfx, but it is badly written on pc. as it was created on a pc, then ported to console then the console version was ported back to pc to be released as a buggy mess. they should have used the original pre port version as the basis for the pc version but they didnt and we got the buggy mess that is gta 4.
m
l
July 1, 2012 9:26:51 PM

if you really want to play the best gta 4 then get the ballad of gay tony. it has been optimized somewhat better than the original, and to be honest has a better story... although you wont get the full experience unless you play all 3 parts.
failing that get gta san andreas. its a much better game and has more depth than 4.
m
l
February 12, 2013 12:15:52 PM

1 - I'm not one of those crazy pepole that you was asking, I'm a professional gamer and computer builder

2 - Yes, it is possible to run GTA IV maxed out if you have a quad CPU, 8GB RAM and a high end GPU

3 - Here is a rig (my rig) that can play any game even the upcoming GTA V game maxed out smoothly

> Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Six Core 15MB L3 Cache CPU
> 64GB DDR3 2800MHz Quad Channel RAM
> 2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 4GB GDDR5 DX 11 GPUs in SLI
> OCZ Octane 2.5" 1TB SATA III SSD
> Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB SATA 6GB/s 64MB Cache HDD

I'm using it for gaming, video editing, video games developping, ......

3 - No, Max Payne 3 engine is pretty mutch the same

4 - You don't need a rig like mine to max max payne 3 out, just a quad CPU, a bit of RAM, and a good GPU

5 - If you think that pepole that will answer you are crazy, then how the hell you get a right answer off them

6 - Thanks anyways, i hope my answers helped you
m
l
February 12, 2013 2:55:45 PM

any good end gaming card like gtx 260 -295 or higher is enough to max but be sure its ur cpu which gta 4 demands most along wid ram so must need quad core processor
m
l
February 12, 2013 6:19:33 PM

all you need is a video card with 1.3 gigs of ram. on a gpu better than a gtx 260.
my 5870 wont max it out as it only has 1 gig of ram but a gtx 570 will with its 1.5 gigs.
m
l
February 20, 2013 4:23:19 PM

I tried ic enchancer a while ago, but unfortunately the graphics came out really messed up.

I could see that there were better textures and colors, but they were distorted something like a grid-like blotchy colors. Kinda likely pixelation, but not really. Tried to get it to work for several hours, but ultimately I had to uninstall it since nothing I tried fixed the issue I was having. My graphics card is a Radeon HD 5850.
m
l
!