Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will Guild Wars 2 run with good fps with this build?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 29, 2012 8:55:07 PM

I saw the build here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-gaming-pc-ove...

I can spend up to $700 with my budget.
Was wondering if this build in particular could run the game.
June 29, 2012 9:37:46 PM

Yes, this build will do Guild Wars 2 fine.
m
0
l
June 30, 2012 3:30:29 AM

Yes I agree it will work good for that game only. But if you want to branch out into other games like BF3, Skyrim, and Diablo 3 and play on high to max settings. That is not the system you want.

Although the only thing you would need to change is the CPU to a i5 and your GPU to a GTX 560 Ti which are as low as $199.99 and I have seen some lower. You could even go with a 6870 and free up more money for the CPU.

I am only telling you this to think about the big pictrue not just the one game unless that is what you will be playing and nothing else. Take a look at these bare bone kits from tigerdirect.

You might get lucky and get a better one for less money. Cyberpower and ibuypower where you can build your own. I use it just to see if I can build a better gaming rig. Anyway I wish you the best and good luck.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/catego...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/catego...

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium...

http://www.ibuypower.com/
m
0
l
Related resources
June 30, 2012 2:34:49 PM

DM186 said:
Yes I agree it will work good for that game only. But if you want to branch out into other games like BF3, Skyrim, and Diablo 3 and play on high to max settings. That is not the system you want.

Although the only thing you would need to change is the CPU to a i5 and your GPU to a GTX 560 Ti which are as low as $199.99 and I have seen some lower. You could even go with a 6870 and free up more money for the CPU.

I am only telling you this to think about the big pictrue not just the one game unless that is what you will be playing and nothing else. Take a look at these bare bone kits from tigerdirect.

You might get lucky and get a better one for less money. Cyberpower and ibuypower where you can build your own. I use it just to see if I can build a better gaming rig. Anyway I wish you the best and good luck.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/catego...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/catego...

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium...

http://www.ibuypower.com/


Hi, thank you for your input. Yes, I am interested in building for the big picture for future games as well. I dont mind going a little over $700 but I would like to state that this is going to be my first build ever, having done only an upgrade of my graphics card and power supply.

So you are saying with the build in the link would work nicely with a change of the CPU to a i5 and your GPU to a GTX 560 Ti for more newer games? . Also I was reading in the comments about that build that the HD 7850 is also another option that will work as well. So everything can be used together without any issues arising from the components not conflicting with one another?

Thanks in advance guys.
m
0
l
June 30, 2012 9:14:56 PM

Note that the GTX 560(you said), and GTX 560 TI(you linked) is NOT the same card.

And yes I see DM186 recommending the 560 TI over the HD 6950, and it is not an improvement.

The GTX 560 TI is very equal to the HD 6950 in terms of performance. You should probably get the cheaper one.
m
0
l
June 30, 2012 9:31:56 PM

Avaruz said:
Note that the GTX 560(you said), and GTX 560 TI(you linked) is NOT the same card.

And yes I see DM186 recommending the 560 TI over the HD 6950, and it is not an improvement.

The GTX 560 TI is very equal to the HD 6950 in terms of performance. You should probably get the cheaper one.

Thank you for seeing my error in typing there, yes i meant the 560 TI.
The thing is, the HD 6950 is on sale after rebate and instant saving for $200.00 so I am leaning towards it. I am reading though that it can be 10 inches wide and wondering if its the best bang for the buck and will work with the build. Thanks for your input!
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 12:19:11 AM

The 560 ti is cheaper than the 6950 that is why I was recommending it because in OP's link or the build he was looking at was the 6950 was $240.00 compaired to the $199.99 560 Ti.

But if you could get the 7850 would be better then both cards and draw less power and what you linked up there is exactly what I was talking about. So I will link you do some bench marks so you can see for your self.

I hope this helps and BTW this is my first build and I made a big boo boo on my GPU's and I have had a lot of time in knowing how to do builds. The 560 ti is the cheaper one. Good luck on your choice. any of the cards are good for the games.

7850 vs 6950
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/510?vs=549

7850 vs 560 Ti
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/547?vs=549

6950 vs 560 Ti
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/293?vs=330
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 5:32:28 AM

my advice get the 7850 here its a little cheaper then the 6950 was when that build was done and more power full and go for an i5 if you can
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 6:15:00 AM

DM186 said:
The 560 ti is cheaper than the 6950 that is why I was recommending it because in OP's link or the build he was looking at was the 6950 was $240.00 compaired to the $199.99 560 Ti.

But if you could get the 7850 would be better then both cards and draw less power and what you linked up there is exactly what I was talking about. So I will link you do some bench marks so you can see for your self.

I hope this helps and BTW this is my first build and I made a big boo boo on my GPU's and I have had a lot of time in knowing how to do builds. The 560 ti is the cheaper one. Good luck on your choice. any of the cards are good for the games.

7850 vs 6950
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/510?vs=549

7850 vs 560 Ti
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/547?vs=549

6950 vs 560 Ti
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/293?vs=330


Thank you for responding. Is there any specific i5 processor you can point me to in buying?
Also thank you everyone who has posted and given me insight to my questions so far.
m
0
l

Best solution

July 2, 2012 12:15:21 AM

dannyzoon said:
Also thank you biohazard918 for the direct link. I am definitely buying the hd 7850 but probably not from XFX as the reviews scared me off. Now just waiting on a response for which i5 specifically will work for my budget and/or work for my gaming needs in the long run.

So for the i5 this?: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And the hd 7850:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Yes to both and the reason I yes to the i5 2500k is because it is still all around solid CPU plus it would fit closer to your budget. By the time you need to upgrade your CPU will be a few years down the road.

People are still using the 2 core CPU's and look how long they have been around. And as you can see how well the 7850 does compared to the other cards. That will go for a few years as well.

Well I hope this has helped and I want to wish you good luck on your build and one more is 8 gig of ram is usally the norm for gaming and ram now is really low in prices.
Share
July 2, 2012 4:31:58 AM

Best answer selected by dannyzoon.
m
0
l
!