Problem when Diablo 3

nicholasmg77

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Recently my computer has been unreliable while playing D3. It will randomly freeze, the monitor will go black, and my headphones make an annoying buzzing sound. I've checked my temps after 2 throughout around 2 hours of playing and my gpu hasn't gone above 50C and cpu 40C. I have all the latest drivers. What could be the problem?

aqualipt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

well you should have any problems with that rig... check this http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

btw... try running the game with out the GPU, use the iGPU, i know you wont be able to play it with decent setting but do it just so we can rull out the GPU and update all your software

i just saw that your 7850 is OCed, try setting it at stock settings

crisan_tiberiu

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
@aqualipt, even if that PSU its overkill for that rig he do get some benefits like: PSU will not overheat and will have better eficiency since it only loads to max 50%.
now on topic: the black screen and the buzz sound in your headphones means hardware failure and its probably the GPU. try to lower the OC ...

DM186

Splendid
I am just curious how are you checking your temps? The reason I ask is some programs out won't display right at the time when temps get hot and by the time you go to check it has time to cool down.

I just want to make sure it isn't a over heat problem. I found your PSU and for the most part it looks ok but you only have one 12v rail which means everything that uses 12v will be tapping into it.

Your PSU is rated up to 50c which is not a very high temp and If it goes past that it could be cutting down on the power to protect it's self. The cooling fan is set up in it so the higher the temps the higher the fan will go.

I will have to look more into your PSU but for now go ahead and answer the questions and we will go from here. The link is to your PSU.

http://www.pcpower.com/products/description/Silencer_Mk_II_950W/index.html

nicholasmg77

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

I've had it running at stock for the last couple of months, so does that mean my GPU is.. "broken"?

nicholasmg77

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

I played for a couple of hours having pulled up sapphire trixx and MSI Control Center beforehand. I could have done afterburner but i since i was already ctrl+escaping out of the game to check the cpu temps, i thought i might as well have trixx up too.

nicholasmg77

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
furmark.png

Ran it for 20 mins without crashing. Should I try longer or is this fine?

DM186

Splendid
If you uninstall your game use a uninstaller program so it get's all the files. The game uninstaller leave stuff behind and so does your control panel. If you have to uninstall us this it is called Revo.

I still haven't found out any more on your PSU. But when you have high powered PSUs they usally come with more than one 12v rail. I have got to do some reading on this I want to make sure that your PSU is good. Good luck.

http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html