Koolance Case?

G

I'm planning on getting Koolance's NEWEST(not old one) case. Now, I know this case does not come without a power supply and I wanted to know if it was hard to install one in this case??? Also, I'm planning to overclock my machine and wanted to get the chipset cooler. Is this a good choice for a case if I am going to overclock??? Thanks for any help.

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Oh blah, I feel like a loser with that post (should've looked more into it first) I havent read about problems installing the PSU, but it seems like a very good overclocking case

FatBurger

Illustrious
I forgot about this fact. The PSU is water-cooled, so I doubt you could switch it out. At least not easily.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

Tom's review specifically said that the NEW Koolance Case doesn't have the graphics card or PSU water cooled. So I doubt it would be more difficult than any other case (really easy).

That's what you get for buying your computer based on <font color=orange>color</font color=orange>. :redface:

FatBurger

Illustrious
Oh? I missed that fact. Never mind then.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

forgettythatty

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2001
I have had the case for about a month. It is not hard to install. The worst thing about the case the It can't hold to large of motherboards, and if you get like a plextor drive (that is like 1cm longer than my dvd drive, I had to push the mobo back behind the plex, because there wasn't room. The chipset cooler is the best to get for the case, because it works for the mobo and the video cards. I wouldn't recommend the hard drive cooler as I don't think it is needed. I would get so nanotherm so that the artic silver thermal paste that comes with the cpu waterblock and mobo cooling kit doesn't short out your cpu or mobo. I have not installed the chipset cooler, but I don't think it should be to hard to install. I have it, but it is for the vid card.

ivoryjohn

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2001
Koolance website does not match Toms review. They show the system cooling everything. Must have made up a special one just for Tom. What gives with the heat exchanger? The pics have it on top of the case, but the descriptions put it in the top bay. Can someone with one of these tell it like it really is?

TRENDING THREADS