Is this normal?

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I wanted to know that does this happen to everyone that when you play games like WoW or The Sims 3 basicly what happens is while you are playing all of the sudden it goes to the desktop and then you have to click the game tab on the taskbar to display the game again and then after a while like in 1 min or maybe even in 5 min it does it again so I have to click the tab to open the game up. Basicly the game doesn't close it just minimize and shows the desktop.

Thank you

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I wonder what is causing it then since I thought it happens to everyone and annoys everyone when they play games like WoW or The Sims 3. Ya basicly it flashes back to the desktop and then I have to click on the game on the taskbar to open the full screen game again.

can be cause by a few things. most not good, like malware, or your antivirus updating.
scan with aq good av. check your task scheduler to make sure your not getting some kind of update or interruption. open task manager and see if you have any active processes that may cause a screen swap.
get a process monitor which shows what processes are being run. and run it while you play the game... you should then see a constant stream of the game name interrupted when the game minimizes.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx