All Printers Missing after Service Pack 2 Install.

I just installed Windows XP Service Pack 2. Now all my
printers are missing from the "Printers and Faxes"
Control Panel Item. Everything was gone including direct
connected printers, network printer, FAX, and Paperport.
Short of reinstalling these all again, does anyone know
of a fix. Does anyone know if uninstalling Service Pack 2
would give me back my printers?

Thanks for any help.

Try restarting the Print Spooler....

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
www.coribright.com

"Ted Leonard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just installed Windows XP Service Pack 2. Now all my
> printers are missing from the "Printers and Faxes"
> Control Panel Item. Everything was gone including direct
> connected printers, network printer, FAX, and Paperport.
> Short of reinstalling these all again, does anyone know
> of a fix. Does anyone know if uninstalling Service Pack 2
> would give me back my printers?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Thank you Cari, "There Back"

Ted

wrote in message
>>I just installed Windows XP Service Pack 2. Now all my
>> printers are missing from the "Printers and Faxes"
>> Control Panel Item. Everything was gone including
direct
>> connected printers, network printer, FAX, and
Paperport.
>> Short of reinstalling these all again, does anyone know
>> of a fix. Does anyone know if uninstalling Service
Pack 2
>> would give me back my printers?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>

>.

it occurred a week after SP 2 was installed!

Are you sure your Print Spooler hasn't just stopped.....

"bev@rdaeng.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

TRENDING THREADS