All Printers Missing after Service Pack 2 Install.

Tags:
  • Fax
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
September 12, 2004 1:22:25 PM

I just installed Windows XP Service Pack 2. Now all my
printers are missing from the "Printers and Faxes"
Control Panel Item. Everything was gone including direct
connected printers, network printer, FAX, and Paperport.
Short of reinstalling these all again, does anyone know
of a fix. Does anyone know if uninstalling Service Pack 2
would give me back my printers?

Thanks for any help.

More about : printers missing service pack install

Anonymous
September 12, 2004 2:46:29 PM

Try restarting the Print Spooler....

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
www.coribright.com

"Ted Leonard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just installed Windows XP Service Pack 2. Now all my
> printers are missing from the "Printers and Faxes"
> Control Panel Item. Everything was gone including direct
> connected printers, network printer, FAX, and Paperport.
> Short of reinstalling these all again, does anyone know
> of a fix. Does anyone know if uninstalling Service Pack 2
> would give me back my printers?
>
> Thanks for any help.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 6:03:57 PM

Thank you Cari, "There Back"

Ted

wrote in message
>>I just installed Windows XP Service Pack 2. Now all my
>> printers are missing from the "Printers and Faxes"
>> Control Panel Item. Everything was gone including
direct
>> connected printers, network printer, FAX, and
Paperport.
>> Short of reinstalling these all again, does anyone know
>> of a fix. Does anyone know if uninstalling Service
Pack 2
>> would give me back my printers?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>

>.

September 23, 2004 12:44:12 PM

it occurred a week after SP 2 was installed!
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 1:48:38 PM

Are you sure your Print Spooler hasn't just stopped.....

!