Printer problems after Service Pack 2

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a Canon Multipass f30 that worked fine until the Windows XP
service pack 2 update. I deleted and then reinstalled the printer and
that didn't help so I downloaded and installed new drivers and it
still won't initialize. Does anyone have a solution to this?

You need this hotfix:
www.coribright.com

"Bob" <bobsue@csonline.net> wrote in message
>I have a Canon Multipass f30 that worked fine until the Windows XP
> service pack 2 update. I deleted and then reinstalled the printer and
> that didn't help so I downloaded and installed new drivers and it
> still won't initialize. Does anyone have a solution to this?

I am having the same problem with any type of dos
program. I keep getting a message Couldn't begin
printing. Check to see if the printer is enabled and the
disk is not full.
Trying some suggestions in the printer troubleshooter.
Still not working.

Same problem for me. I've done everything to get this working.
Unfortunately I have a paper due for a Grad seminar tomorrow. I hope I get
this resolved tonight.

"Bob" wrote:

> I have a Canon Multipass f30 that worked fine until the Windows XP
> service pack 2 update. I deleted and then reinstalled the printer and
> that didn't help so I downloaded and installed new drivers and it
> still won't initialize. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Remove SP2. Remove the printer drivers. Reinstall the printer drivers.
Canon will have new drivers. I don't know when. Do not install SP2 until
you have the new drivers.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS

"jeffreycallison@aol.com"
<jeffreycallison@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Same problem for me. I've done everything to get this working.
: Unfortunately I have a paper due for a Grad seminar tomorrow. I hope
I get
: this resolved tonight.
:
: "Bob" wrote:
:
: > I have a Canon Multipass f30 that worked fine until the Windows XP
: > service pack 2 update. I deleted and then reinstalled the printer
and
: > that didn't help so I downloaded and installed new drivers and it
: > still won't initialize. Does anyone have a solution to this?
: >

You need this hotfix:
www.coribright.com