EQ2: The effect of good arrows

The damage rating and other stats of ranged weapons is listed with the
weapon. But what's the effect of using e.g. feyiron arrows in stead of cheap
hunting arrows? Same question applies to throwing weapons, of course.
--
Henrik Dissing
Vork - Dwarven Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep

Henrik Dissing wrote:
> The damage rating and other stats of ranged weapons is listed with
the
> weapon. But what's the effect of using e.g. feyiron arrows in stead
of cheap
> hunting arrows? Same question applies to throwing weapons, of course.

I am all kinds of confused about this now. It use to be that the
better arrows provided better damage. Then, they changed it so the
damage was purely an artifact of the bow. Now, I'm not sure what is
going on :)

I thought more expensive arrows would let you hit higher level mobs,
but I am using Really Super Cheap (tm) arrows and even managed to plant
them on a 52^^^ or 54^^^ epic mob.

I don't know any reason to use expensive arrows any more. Has anybody
seen a rare arrow, made out of feysteel or something similar? I wonder
if those have an affect on them.