Sign in with
Your question

Major FPS Issue.. Please Read!

Last response: in Video Games
June 30, 2012 9:49:55 PM

Guys.. I have a major issue with my FPS's. It will seriously be fine within the first 10 minutes of starting up my computer. Then this will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7gXowdyGMM

Immediately one would assume that it's a heating problem. Opened up my laptop and cleaned the fan extensively with compressed air and even put an ice pack under my laptop. Lol!

Nope, nothing. Problem is still rampant and is not giving up.

As for my computer being able to run it, believe me, it can run it.

Specs:

i7 2760QM @ 2.4 GHz
8GB DDR3 Memory
GTX 555M 3GB
NO SSD
64-bit system

Please help me...

More about : major fps issue read

June 30, 2012 10:31:25 PM

I don't see what the problem is...
m
l
June 30, 2012 10:36:49 PM

norberto950 said:
I don't see what the problem is...

Look at my FPS in the top left of the screen in the video.
m
l
Related resources
July 1, 2012 12:04:34 AM

wolverinetree said:
Look at my FPS in the top left of the screen in the video.

I also notice some targets running in front of the corridor in and out of sight. Those jumpy FPS is probably directly related to those targets becoming visible and not.
m
l
July 1, 2012 12:11:04 AM

bystander said:
I also notice some targets running in front of the corridor in and out of sight. Those jumpy FPS is probably directly related to those targets becoming visible and not.

As much as I wish that that was the case, it is not. You'll notice that throughout the video the FPS drops even without the people running around in the back.
m
l
July 1, 2012 12:36:24 AM

Does this happen on any other game? If is common, then it may be a throttling problem due to heat or lack of power, or perhaps something in the background, or a driver issue.
m
l
July 1, 2012 1:08:57 AM

bystander said:
Does this happen on any other game? If is common, then it may be a throttling problem due to heat or lack of power, or perhaps something in the background, or a driver issue.

That's an excellent question. I'm actually pretty sure that the answer is no. In fact.. after running AC: Brotherhood for about 20 minutes, the temps on my machine seemed to be lower than on TF2.

Weird, huh?
m
l
July 1, 2012 2:49:31 AM

Let me say that this is probably exclusively happening in Valve games..
m
l
!