Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will this work?

Last response: in Video Games
June 30, 2012 11:32:10 PM

Hello,
I have two computers, one that is significantly better than the other. However, the disc drive on the better computer won't read any discs anymore. I have the LA Noire discs, and if I downloaded it on the worse computer and tied it to steam, even if it was a nonsteam game, could I play it through steam on the better computer?

More about : work

June 30, 2012 11:35:52 PM

i doubt it, why not take the disc drive from the bad pc and put it in your good one?
June 30, 2012 11:38:43 PM

How would you do that? Also, the worse one is a half height gateway and the second is a Dell.
Related resources

Best solution

July 1, 2012 12:33:06 AM

Mgislason said:
Hello,
I have two computers, one that is significantly better than the other. However, the disc drive on the better computer won't read any discs anymore. I have the LA Noire discs, and if I downloaded it on the worse computer and tied it to steam, even if it was a nonsteam game, could I play it through steam on the better computer?

If i understand correctly you're asking if you add it as a "non steam game" in the steam libray will it follow to your other computer?

if that is what you mean then no. however you could use something like magicISO and copy the Images of the DVD's to iso files then transfer them to your other computer and use like Virtual Clone drive http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html to read the iso files and emulate a disk and you can play them just as if you had a CD in the drive :) 

Hope this helps :) ,
Tony Bilby
July 1, 2012 3:45:53 AM

Best answer selected by Mgislason.
!