Microsoft Fax printing.

All aspects of fax works OK except I cannot preview the document before
sending or be able to open an already sent fax. Trying to open to view
reverts to the desktop.
--
Many thanks

BARRY
3 answers Last reply
More about microsoft printing

    Try removing and re-adding the fax service.

    This is done under Control Panel Add/Remove programs. Click on
    Add/Remove Windows Components. Locate Windows fax services in the list
    and uncheck it. Follow on-screen prompts. Restart Windows. Return to the
    same location and re-check the Fax Services box.

    Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : All aspects of fax works OK except I cannot preview the document
    before
    : sending or be able to open an already sent fax. Trying to open to view
    : reverts to the desktop.
    : --
    : Many thanks
    :
    :
    : BARRY

    There are many possible causes for this problem. Most often, this problem
    arises because some other imaging application that you installed has set
    itself as the default viewer for TIF files. To view faxes from the Fax
    Console, the Windows Imaging and Fax viewer must be your default viewer for
    TIF files. You can easily restore that setting in Windows Explorer > Folder
    Options. File Types. For most users the command line should read:

    "rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1"

    Another common cause of this problem is firewall software Trojan horse
    rules. The most common is one that ships with Norton Internet Security.
    Details on that on are available here:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > All aspects of fax works OK except I cannot preview the document before
    > sending or be able to open an already sent fax. Trying to open to view
    > reverts to the desktop.
    > --
    > Many thanks
    >

    > BARRY

    Thank you Russ,

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

    > There are many possible causes for this problem. Most often, this problem
    > arises because some other imaging application that you installed has set
    > itself as the default viewer for TIF files. To view faxes from the Fax
    > Console, the Windows Imaging and Fax viewer must be your default viewer for
    > TIF files. You can easily restore that setting in Windows Explorer > Folder
    > Options. File Types. For most users the command line should read:
    >
    > "rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1"
    >
    > Another common cause of this problem is firewall software Trojan horse
    > rules. The most common is one that ships with Norton Internet Security.
    > Details on that on are available here:
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
    >

    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > All aspects of fax works OK except I cannot preview the document before
    > > sending or be able to open an already sent fax. Trying to open to view
    > > reverts to the desktop.
    > > --
    > > Many thanks
    > >

    > > BARRY