Compaq Laptop Keyboard Problem

Hi All: I have and old Comapq Armada (7400 I think) with a defective
keyboard. It is a eral pian because the keys don't always register,
particularly the space bar and shift key.
If I take this machine appart, will I be able to clean or repair the
keyboard?
3 answers Last reply
More about compaq laptop keyboard problem

    Finite Guy wrote:
    Hi All: I have and old Compaq Armada (7400 I think) with a defective
    keyboard. It is a real pian because the keys don't always register,
    particularly the space bar and shift key. If I take this machine apart, will
    I be able to clean or repair the keyboard?

    Hello

    I also have a Compaq Armada 7400 and two to three years ago had the same
    problem. I got it fixed by a tech. who was doing some other work for me. I
    did not personally see what he did, but he told me one common problem is
    that the connecting point between the keyboard and the computer comes loose
    & just needs to be pulled apart, cleaned and popped back in. May not be the
    cause of your problem but would think it is worth a try.

    If you need the technical manual to assist, a person in another group very
    kindly provided me with pages I needed - in PDF format - when I had another
    problem . I still have his address details but as a newish subscriber to
    newsgroups I don't know if I would be "doing the wrong thing" if I post that
    info. Perhaps you could post your message and my reply, to that group & he
    will respond - his name is Graeme. I monitor both groups so I will see what
    happens. Assuming you can access the other group, it is called:- comp.laptop
    If you cannot access it, reply here and I'll follow up for you.

    Echy
    Regards from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    http://www.visitvictoria.com/

    Echy:

    Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately I can not access
    comp.laptop. Is it possible to email me the pdf file?

    Thanks

    Robert

    On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:43:05 +1100, "Echuca"
    <acuhce@REMOVEoptusnet.com.au> wrote:

    >Finite Guy wrote:
    >Hi All: I have and old Compaq Armada (7400 I think) with a defective
    >keyboard. It is a real pian because the keys don't always register,
    >particularly the space bar and shift key. If I take this machine apart, will
    >I be able to clean or repair the keyboard?
    >
    >Hello
    >
    >I also have a Compaq Armada 7400 and two to three years ago had the same
    >problem. I got it fixed by a tech. who was doing some other work for me. I
    >did not personally see what he did, but he told me one common problem is
    >that the connecting point between the keyboard and the computer comes loose
    >& just needs to be pulled apart, cleaned and popped back in. May not be the
    >cause of your problem but would think it is worth a try.
    >
    >If you need the technical manual to assist, a person in another group very
    >kindly provided me with pages I needed - in PDF format - when I had another
    >problem . I still have his address details but as a newish subscriber to
    >newsgroups I don't know if I would be "doing the wrong thing" if I post that
    >info. Perhaps you could post your message and my reply, to that group & he
    >will respond - his name is Graeme. I monitor both groups so I will see what
    >happens. Assuming you can access the other group, it is called:- comp.laptop
    >If you cannot access it, reply here and I'll follow up for you.
    >
    >Echy
    >Regards from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    >http://www.visitvictoria.com/

    Hello Robert

    Will forward to you shortly. It is only an extract of the full tech. manual,
    but it does cover removing the keyboard. If you need any other pages tell me
    as I'm sure I can get them from Graeme - he was extremely helpful. Good luck
    with it.

    Echy
    Regards from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    http://www.visitvictoria.com/

    Finite Guy wrote:
    :: Echy:
    ::
    ::: Finite Guy wrote:
    ::: Hi All: I have and old Compaq Armada (7400 I think) with a defective
    ::: keyboard. It is a real pian because the keys don't always register,
    ::: particularly the space bar and shift key. If I take this machine
    ::: apart, will I be able to clean or repair the keyboard?
    :::
    ::: Hello
    :::
[...]

Compaq Laptops Keyboards Computers