McAfee Desktop Firewall

Last response: in Networking
Share
April 6, 2004 6:26:29 AM

I need to install >100 workstations with MDF 8.0 standalone version.
Is there any silent installation (un-attend mode) for it? Any command
line options to import the MDF policy.

Thanks
Chris
April 6, 2004 4:28:33 PM

"Chris" <mclo@asia.com> wrote in message
> I need to install >100 workstations with MDF 8.0 standalone version.
> Is there any silent installation (un-attend mode) for it? Any command
> line options to import the MDF policy.

A cursory glance at the McAfee support site and a search on Desltop Firewall
Silent Install turned up the following:-

https://knowledgemap.nai.com/phpclient/viewKDoc.aspx?ex...

But on that sort of scale you probably want to use ePolicy Orchestrator for
a supportable & maintainable installation.
Comes with Active Virus Defense Suite if I recall correctly.
April 7, 2004 7:57:23 AM

Thanks, it works for the installation.

Can we import the MDF policy using the command line option?

Thanks.
Chris
!