Canon Printer problem after SP2 was installed

Ron

I have a Canon Multifunction printer Multipass F30 and
since installing SP2 the status monitor terminates after
my McAfee Security Center loads on startup. Canon offers
a workaround by running 'services.msc' then
starting'MPservice'. This works only temporarily and must
be repeated every 10 to 15 minutes to reestablish printer
services.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Thanks

You need the hotfix from Microsoft for this Canon multifunction unit:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020
www.coribright.com

"Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Canon Multifunction printer Multipass F30 and
> since installing SP2 the status monitor terminates after
> my McAfee Security Center loads on startup. Canon offers
> a workaround by running 'services.msc' then
> starting'MPservice'. This works only temporarily and must
> be repeated every 10 to 15 minutes to reestablish printer
> services.
>
> Does anyone have a fix for this problem?
>
> Thanks

As far as I can determine, the only fix is to remove SP2. Try printing.
If there are problems, remove the drivers and install the latest from
the Canon website using their instructions.

I have been told that Canon is aware of the problem with certain of the
drivers for certain multi-function units and is working on driver
revisions. To confirm, try contacting Canon support.

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS

: