Canon Printer problem after SP2 was installed

I have a Canon Multifunction printer Multipass F30 and
since installing SP2 the status monitor terminates after
my McAfee Security Center loads on startup. Canon offers
a workaround by running 'services.msc' then
starting'MPservice'. This works only temporarily and must
be repeated every 10 to 15 minutes to reestablish printer
services.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about canon printer problem installed

    You need the hotfix from Microsoft for this Canon multifunction unit:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020
    www.coribright.com

    "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Canon Multifunction printer Multipass F30 and
    > since installing SP2 the status monitor terminates after
    > my McAfee Security Center loads on startup. Canon offers
    > a workaround by running 'services.msc' then
    > starting'MPservice'. This works only temporarily and must
    > be repeated every 10 to 15 minutes to reestablish printer
    > services.
    >
    > Does anyone have a fix for this problem?
    >
    > Thanks

    As far as I can determine, the only fix is to remove SP2. Try printing.
    If there are problems, remove the drivers and install the latest from
    the Canon website using their instructions.

    I have been told that Canon is aware of the problem with certain of the
    drivers for certain multi-function units and is working on driver
    revisions. To confirm, try contacting Canon support.

    Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    :
    : Does anyone have a fix for this problem?
    :
    : Thanks

Canon Printers Windows XP