Sign in with
Your question

Which Gaming Headset?

Last response: in Video Games
July 1, 2012 6:38:20 AM

Well, I have done a lot of research and I have come here to get some opinions before I make my final decision. Well really I am tired of looking for a headset. What I'd really like to do is just list what I will use it for and have someone give me one option, but I know there is always going to be a group that disagrees strongly. All I know is that I bought both the Razor Tiamat 7.1 and the Logitech G930 and I don't like either. The Tiamat's are just horrible, and while I enjoyed the G930's, they just had so many problems with interference and disconnecting that it's just not worth the hassle. Oh, and I will just point out that I will be using these(whatever I end up choosing) for gaming primarily. Mostly games like Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Call of Duty, and so on. I also like to listen to music, which for the most part is just classic rock and dubstep. So I would like a headset with good bass, preferably customizable bass. Again, this will only be for PC. While wireless would be nice, I am perfectly fine with wired. So what do any of you think of Astro A40's? And I know there are those of you that recommend headphones over headsets, so what headsets would you recommend? Also, I don't want some cheap headset, I want something along the price range of $150-$250. Lastly, I will need to use a mic of some kind, so keep that in mind. I would really appreciate some help on this, thanks in advanced!

More about : gaming headset

July 1, 2012 9:17:35 AM

welll you already dumped the best wireless 1s so your gonna be stuck wired. steelseries and stenhieser do some good gaming gear so have a look at em and post the 1s that interest you.
also if your g930's were getting interference its likely they are broken.i have ran mine for over a year without issue. no craccles,pops or cutouts (unless i go out of range which is about 25feet.) but if your getting crackles and interference you need to rma them.
m
l
July 1, 2012 2:03:05 PM

HEXiT said:
welll you already dumped the best wireless 1s so your gonna be stuck wired. steelseries and stenhieser do some good gaming gear so have a look at em and post the 1s that interest you.
also if your g930's were getting interference its likely they are broken.i have ran mine for over a year without issue. no craccles,pops or cutouts (unless i go out of range which is about 25feet.) but if your getting crackles and interference you need to rma them.

When you say Steelseries and Stennhesier made some good gaming gear, which headsets exactly are you talking about, and do you have any experience with them?
m
l
Related resources
July 1, 2012 2:13:22 PM

hotelmariofan said:
When you say Steelseries and Stennhesier made some good gaming gear, which headsets exactly are you talking about, and do you have any experience with them?

Steelseries Siberia FTW, its a great headset at a reasonable price i personally have great experience with it, this specific model is mine and i love it.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/2907/steel_series_sibe...

I cant vouch for the v2 which is the newer version, but i think it should be as good.

I love my v1 and still using them for over 2 years. And have not had a single issue or problem with them.
m
l
July 1, 2012 3:31:36 PM

hotelmariofan said:
Well, I have done a lot of research and I have come here to get some opinions before I make my final decision. Well really I am tired of looking for a headset. What I'd really like to do is just list what I will use it for and have someone give me one option, but I know there is always going to be a group that disagrees strongly. All I know is that I bought both the Razor Tiamat 7.1 and the Logitech G930 and I don't like either. The Tiamat's are just horrible, and while I enjoyed the G930's, they just had so many problems with interference and disconnecting that it's just not worth the hassle. Oh, and I will just point out that I will be using these(whatever I end up choosing) for gaming primarily. Mostly games like Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Call of Duty, and so on. I also like to listen to music, which for the most part is just classic rock and dubstep. So I would like a headset with good bass, preferably customizable bass. Again, this will only be for PC. While wireless would be nice, I am perfectly fine with wired. So what do any of you think of Astro A40's? And I know there are those of you that recommend headphones over headsets, so what headsets would you recommend? Also, I don't want some cheap headset, I want something along the price range of $150-$250. Lastly, I will need to use a mic of some kind, so keep that in mind. I would really appreciate some help on this, thanks in advanced!

I agree, I've owned the Tiamats are they're awful. Sound quality is atrocious.

I've owned quite a few "high end" gaming headsets including the Sennheiser 350s, Sennheiser 360s, the Corsair Vengeance 1500 and 2000, the Razer Tiamats (among others) and I've sent them all back after a day or two for a refund.

I prefer a good pair of stereo headphones with a clip on/desk mic. Much better sound quality, much better mic quality for a lot less money. Don't go for the gimmicky stuff, its overpriced garbage.

These are the headphones I am using at the moment http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001UE6PE0/ref=asc_df_B001UE...

these things are amazing (just read the reviews) and if you like Dusbstep these will be perfect for you. Don't be fooled by the price, these things sound better then some £200 headphones.

The only gaming headset I would recommend is the Beyerdynamic MMX300
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP...
and even that is hard to recommend when you can have the same sound/mic quality for half that price.
m
l
July 1, 2012 6:10:56 PM

I have the Steel Series 7H and Turtle Beach X41 and they are both good. The 7H is just stereo, but cheaper. The Turtle Beach X41 is designed for Xbox, but its wireless and it just uses USB power and Optical TOSLink, so it works with any computer that has Optical out.
m
l
July 1, 2012 6:37:08 PM

I use Astro A40's I got them for free and im not sure how expensive they are, but they are really good, and I know a lot of people swear by them
m
l
July 2, 2012 9:58:29 PM

You'de be surprised at how good some $30 headsets are my friend. I bought two Microsft Lifechat LX 3000 headsets in the past and they have outstanding sound and mic. Very clear mic support might I add.
m
l
July 2, 2012 10:08:02 PM

zrobbb said:
I use Astro A40's I got them for free and im not sure how expensive they are, but they are really good, and I know a lot of people swear by them

How did you get them for free?
m
l
!