Solved

GTA 4 Runs like a slow motion movie

OK I bought a GTA 4 last night. Installed it on my desktop but it doesnt run as expected. i thought my pc was going to be able to handle it.

these are my pc specs:

win 7 ultimate
amd athlon 64 dual core 4400+ 2.30ghz
4.25 ram ddr2
nvidia geforce 210 gpu
Asus M4A785-M
500GB WD HDD 7500rpm

Any suggestion on how to make the game run better. or things you would change on the above hardware. Im on a budget so please dont post really high end stuff.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about runs slow motion movie
  1. Best answer
    Hi :)

If on a budget...a MUCH better graphics card will help....

All the best Brett :)
  2. what about mobo ram and cpu
  3. what about this

EVGA GeForce GTX 550

Biostar H67MU3 Intel H67 Socket H2 Motherboard and Intel Core i5-2310 2.90 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Desktop Memory Kit - 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, 9-9-9-24 CAS Latency, Intel XMP Ready, Unbuffered
  4. or upgrade gpu ram and cpu
  5. Upgrade that GPU, a 210 is bottom of the line, you won't get anywhere with it. Best bang for the buck (without spending to much) is a HD 6770 or a little slower/cheaper HD 6670.
  6. what exactly did you expected from a AMD 4400+ & GeForce 210 :??:
    Just to point out that your pc have about the same power with a gaming pc from 2004, so yeah you are 8 years behind, that means no current generation games for you.
  7. I bought a evga gtx 550 ti 2g ddr5 it still lags in high settings my resolution is only 1024 x 680. any other suggestions?

@successful_tro I am not rich to be spending thousands on pc hardware so i try with what i have. i understand your point but this is what i have.
  8. No matter how much you upgrade your computer...Grand Theft Auto 4 is going to run like a "slow motion movie" if you don't reduce the graphic settings because Grand Theft Auto 4 is BADLY OPTIMIZED FOR THE PC.

The best thing you can do is upgrade your processor for playable FPS atleast.
  9. Apparently the drivers on my gpu were outdated so after updating it improved a lot. Also went out and bought an amd phenom II X6 1045t six cores . That really made the trick. Now is really good with all the settings max. Thank you all for the replys
  10. Best answer selected by airman88.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games