Sign in with
Your question

Most anticipated games

Last response: in Video Games
August 24, 2003 7:15:19 PM

Just wanted to see if any of you are looking forward to any games other than HL2 and DOOM 3 (both delayed....again(sigh) in the next couple of months. Call of duty, mohpa, or any others.

Jsf

More about : anticipated games

August 24, 2003 7:46:03 PM

the new UFO game (XCOM by another name)
Related resources
August 25, 2003 2:36:31 AM

Deus Ex 2

<b><font color=red>
"Remain at stock speed"</b> - The Overclocker.
</font color=red>
August 25, 2003 4:38:20 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad to see there are some other great games coming out. When is max payne 2 due to launch?

Jsf
August 25, 2003 4:55:34 AM

are you not looking for future console games on the xbox, ps2 or gamecube.

<b><font color=red>
</font color=red>
August 25, 2003 9:24:40 AM

These are the games I'm most looking forward too in the next month and a half.

<b>PC</b> : THPS 4, Jedi Academy, MOHAA:Breakthrough, Tiger Woods 2004, NBA Live 2004, Chrome, and <b>Halo</b>

<b>Console</b> : Soul Calibur II, ESPN NFL Football(2k4), Simpson's Hit&Run, F-Zero GX

--

"I'm a rageaholic."
(<i>starts crying</i>)
"I just can't live without rageahol." - Homer Simpson
August 25, 2003 10:10:43 AM

i'm looking forward to some simulation games like car racing or flight simulators, thought Microsoft's Flight Simulator 2004 is already out.

<b><font color=red>
</font color=red>
August 25, 2003 11:17:14 PM

Jedi Acadamy and Prince of Persia:Sands of time
August 26, 2003 1:04:17 AM

other than HL2, doom3 , etc...i think Call Of Duty seems like a promising game im also looking into S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Trinity. Im really excited about Thief 3 though.

SHUTTLE XPC SN45G
nForce2 Ultra 400
Athlon XP 2500+ @ 3200+
Corsair PC3200 512MB
Radeon 9600Pro @ 474.5/324
WD 160GB HD
Toshiba DVD-R
August 26, 2003 4:30:34 AM

Anyone have any interest in Vampire: Bloodlines? It uses HL2's Source engine, and has been in development almost as long. It looks pretty interesting to me. No idea on release date.
August 26, 2003 6:54:54 AM

I saw a trailer for it...has some promise.

--

"I'm a rageaholic."
(<i>starts crying</i>)
August 26, 2003 7:21:04 AM

Looking forward to FarCry too.

<i>Mmmm Dawn AND Eve at the same time...Drroooooll
-------------------------------------------------
<b>XP2100+, 2x512Mb PC2700, ASUS A7N8X, PNY 64Mb Ti4200. :cool:
August 26, 2003 8:31:50 PM

Still waiting for Quake IV as a singleplayergame... And please... put Trent back on the music score =)

Intel Pentium 4 - 400Mhz FSB - 2.4Ghz
- 1152mb pc-133 - Ati Radeon 9700 128Mb
August 26, 2003 10:33:29 PM

Most anticipated are definitely HL2 and Doom 3 all the way. I'm also looking forward to Jedi Academy, I hope the reviews don't tear it down too much for using only the Quake 3 engine, then again DOD, my favorite multiplayer game got fairly decent reviews even though it used the ancient Half-Life engine which was based off of the even older engine of the original Quake.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!
August 27, 2003 3:13:25 AM

I'd play a brand new game using original Half-Life's engine if it's anywhere near as brilliant and challenging as HL was. I think great gameplay can make up for *almost* any outdated graphics.

On the flip side however, the greatest graphics in the world can never make up for poor game design (say hello to Unreal 2).
August 27, 2003 5:51:54 AM

Duke Nukem Forever?!?!?!

---
My Sig:
))
(( ___________________
|||_____________|_____|
August 27, 2003 8:47:47 AM

Duke Nukem Whenever, more like.

:eek:  My CPU runs so hot it creates a quark-gluon plasma :eek: 
August 27, 2003 9:53:12 AM

I've been looking forward to Tron 2.0 for over a year now. Finally out yesterday in America, out on Friday in UK...

or not. Nope, even though it's gold, and released on schedule in America, they decided to commit suicide and put the UK release date back a month to compete with a bunch of other highly-anticipated games.

Way to get everybody to pirate your games, Lith!
August 27, 2003 9:53:27 AM

I miss Duke Nukem!
The last time i've played it was the Duke Classic 2d.
When is it out?

<b><font color=red>
</font color=red>
August 27, 2003 1:10:51 PM

Tron 2.0 has already been released. I walked by 8 million copies of it in Best Buy last night.
August 27, 2003 1:43:15 PM

luckily i still have money to buy it.

YES!

<b><font color=red>
</font color=red>
August 27, 2003 2:15:09 PM

have you played the demo??? wasnt all that i thought, but then it was the bike section.

<b>XP2100+, 2x512Mb PC2700, ASUS A7N8X, PNY 64Mb Ti4200. :cool:
August 28, 2003 10:40:46 AM

Kinetic, you saw Tron 2.0 in store in the UK?

Which store? Everywhere I've checked, including play.com, has the new release date of September.
August 28, 2003 11:36:27 AM

I have Tron...have yet to install it, will let you know what its like...yes Im in the UK but dont know if its out here yet :wink:

<b>XP2800 Barton, 2x512Mb PC2700, ASUS A7N8X, PNY 64Mb Ti4200. :cool:
August 28, 2003 12:14:15 PM

Yeah, I've got it too... can't play online until they deem the UK worthy of having it released though!

grr
August 28, 2003 1:55:56 PM

Is it any good? aprt from not being able to get on-line though?....would it make a good game to play at a small LAN party?

August 28, 2003 4:38:06 PM

I'm still anticipating Duke, but I'm getting worried since it uses "only" the Unreal engine. It better have dang solid gameplay if it comes out in a couple years, or 3Drealms WILL go out of business.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!
August 28, 2003 5:21:39 PM

The original UT Engine?? Out in a couple of Years?!?! (solemn violins slowly fade in)

August 28, 2003 6:52:31 PM

It's sad but true. When I heard about DNF in year 1999 or 2000 (which had already been anounced for a couple of years before I heard about it) using the UT engine sounded like a terrific idea at that time - but the engine's age shows more and more every day now. At least they are using some elements from UT2k3 so it should at least be a Hybrid engine like Half-Life was with Quake 1 & 2.

August 28, 2003 9:31:41 PM

Tron 2.0 is slightly above average in my opinion. The production values are very solid. The cut scenes are enjoyable to watch and there are even some comedy parts mixed in like in the movie. The player models in my opinion are fantastic. Very solid. Lip syncing with characters and their voices are ok. Not bad but not great either. I enjoy the setup where you download permissions, emails, etc. Sometimes some of your sub-routines have viruses and you have to debug or defrag them. This will either put you out, or you will enjoy this.

I don't like how easy it is to die. Accidentally killing someone who you think is bad, but is not, will terminate the game and you will have to start over at last save point. Jumping on blocks over bottomless pit can get rather annoying if you aren't precise. So just make sure you save alot. That will prety much take care of this problem.

I have the graphics pretty much full blast minus AA and AF. I'm running xp2400, 512mb PC2100, and a ti4200 64mb and the game runs EXTREMELY smooth on my rig.

But of course my favorite aspect of this game is multiplayer lightcycles. It's just ashame that more ppl aren't playing it. Just not enough servers.

--

"I'm a rageaholic."
(<i>starts crying</i>)
August 28, 2003 10:35:17 PM

Im suprised no one said Halo 2 yet. Until I get a new computer with a good DX 9 card Halo 2 will be the top on my list. Once I get my new computer Half life 2 will be on the top followed by halo 2 then Doom III.

-----------------------
Add witty comment here.
August 29, 2003 1:28:11 AM

Because many people here hate MicroSoft products/games.

<b><font color=red>
</font color=red>
August 29, 2003 3:17:21 AM

There is one exception to this rule: The Age of Empires series which was EXTRMELY popular from Microsoft. Everything else from them really didn't make it out of the barrel.

August 29, 2003 11:06:40 AM

Thanks for the feed back will be installing it the evening, have just stepped up from a XP2100+ to a 2800 Barton. lets hope it goes well.

August 29, 2003 11:08:49 AM

Age of mythology is good, Rallisport Challenge, whilst far from perfect is a laugh and freelencer doesnt seem too bad (only just started playing it though)

August 29, 2003 4:54:57 PM

Tron 2.0 would make a great LAN game. The lightcycle races are excellent, especially with several people racing around in confined spaces; your reactions have to be good, or the other players will waste ya *grin*

Disc arena is a good game as well. It's very original, and as always, therefore not to everybody's taste. But the skill involved is what really grabs me. An experienced player who knows the intricacies of disc control will beat a newbie any time, but a master user is almost unstoppable. This great range of skill possible is what grabs me; on the demos, newbies have called me a cheater before, because they had no idea why they kept dying :p 
August 29, 2003 5:21:29 PM

Hi

For all you RPG Gamers "World of Warcraft" will be second ONLY to DIABLO :p 

http://blizzard.com/wow/
<a href="http://blizzard.com/wow/">WORLD OF WARCRAFT</a>

How do you make Hot links here ?

Have a Great Quest,
King Jim

FCI AD11 AMD 761 DDR Mobo
Thunderbird 1.2 Ghz 266
256 DDR Ram Pc 2100
NVIDIA GEForce2 64Mb Mem GTS Pro
IBM DS 45Gb HD
Pioneer 16x DVD
SB Live XGamer 5.1
ADSL
August 29, 2003 5:32:07 PM

Speaking of TRON, has anybody seen the "Ricochet" mod for Half-Life that came in future patches? That was pretty cool inspite of how few players played this game, and reminded me of Tron. I haven't seen the Tron2.0 yet.

August 30, 2003 1:56:14 AM

I have heard that Tron 2.0 Internet play isn't available because the multiplayer requires too much bandwidth for even a typical cable or DSL connection (needs at least 10baseT IIRC, I could be wrong).

Another good Micro$haft game is Freelancer. Had a lot of multiplayer goodness with that game. :cool:
August 30, 2003 3:10:49 AM

If that is the case, then the programmers didn't do their job well in optimizing for internet-play IMO. If most games sugggest the minimum for internet play is 56k, then surely, surely, they could find a way to get it to work on a cable modem.

August 30, 2003 8:59:00 AM

Very, very wrong... fortunately!

Lightcycles needs very high reactions, which are beyond anything you can achieve on a high ping; therefore it's not *supported* over the Internet. You can still play it.

There's a server option to kick people with high pings, the default is 50 or higher, but you can turn that off. It's not a bandwidth issue at all.
August 30, 2003 10:54:50 AM

TRON 2.0 is awesome!!!!
i'm just passed the 1st third of the game and i love it. i normally hate 1st person shooters because they make me nauseous ( i get motion sickness) but this game hasn't botherd me at all. the game play is great and for those of you, like me, that are over 40 and remember when the movie came out in the theatres you should know that one of the original artists on the movie also did this game.

i also played the demo, which is actually the 3rd area you visit in the real game. it took me 13hrs 10min to download and i never regreted it.

so far i've only found one minor thing to gripe about and that is i wished they put the original arcade game on the cd it would have been fun to play it again. i lost plenty of quartes on it in the late 70's.

once done w/this i plan on getting rise of nations. the demo was fun.
August 30, 2003 2:30:23 PM

Is the arcade version of TRON the same one that existed in the late 80s or early 90s for DOS with the oil slicks, timebombs, and other neat contraptions that you could purchase with yor score?

August 30, 2003 5:19:07 PM

I got Ricochet with Lionheart. I have only opened it once and I don't believe its the complete game.
Now for the most anticipated game I'm waiting for is Gothic II. I've got the UK version in the mail along with Syberia and...cough coughMistmarecough.

No Cats or Geese where actually harmed in the making of Might & Majic IX
August 30, 2003 5:20:29 PM

What's "Mistmare"???

August 30, 2003 5:26:08 PM

Mistmare is a RPG which sounds like it has alot of potential from reading the preview. Its one of those foreign(Russia) newbies that only got a 1.6 from GS.

August 30, 2003 6:54:26 PM

OK, here's another one for the hat...
Devil's Whiskey, aka Barb's Tale 4!!!
(can anyone say "dated")
Anywho.....the demo will be out in about 10 days

September 1, 2003 3:27:02 PM

Just wondering, Athalus... given that Tron was released in 1982 and the games of the movie followed it...

how did you play it in the arcades in the 70s??

*grin*

Glad you enjoyed it. I just finished, and I've got to say even though I liked it to start with, it gets even better as you play through. It's fun to play with all the toys :) 
!