Compaq 1670's touchpad or PS/2 port won't function after w..

Hello. Yesterday I decided to upgrade this laptop to win xp. The
> upgrade went fine except for the touchpad and ps/2 port dying. I have
> tried all the Synaptic drivers at Compaq and the Synaptic website but
> to no avail. The Synaptic drivers won't install because they don't
> see the touchpad. The Compaq drivers install but the pad doesn't
> work. The mouse I attach to the PS/2 port is also not detected. When
> I reverted to win 98se everything worked fine. Has anyone else had
> this problem and know of a solution? Thanks in advance. Chuck
1 answer Last reply
More about compaq 1670 touchpad port function

    Looking at the Compaq website, it appears XP is not supported on that old
    laptop. It would run very slow even if driver support were offered. 192MB of
    RAM (max on the 1670) is not enough for XP.
    Stick with 98SE.
    HH

    "Chuck" <ch@deja.net> wrote in message
    > Hello. Yesterday I decided to upgrade this laptop to win xp. The
    >> upgrade went fine except for the touchpad and ps/2 port dying. I have
    >> tried all the Synaptic drivers at Compaq and the Synaptic website but
    >> to no avail. The Synaptic drivers won't install because they don't
    >> see the touchpad. The Compaq drivers install but the pad doesn't
    >> work. The mouse I attach to the PS/2 port is also not detected. When
    >> I reverted to win 98se everything worked fine. Has anyone else had
    >> this problem and know of a solution? Thanks in advance. Chuck

Compaq Touchpad Drivers PS/2 Computers