Sign in with
Your question

Console-type games for HTPC?

Last response: in Video Games
July 1, 2012 1:40:49 PM

Hello all.
I used to play RTS games and turn-based ones. For FPS I played Battlefield or Far-Cry and for racing I played NFSU 1-2 or Racedriver:Grid.

I have made an HTPC out of an i3 with Intel HD3000 graphics. The controller is a wireless Logitech PS2-alike. I don't have much experience in consoles.

I'd like to know of PC games (FPS, racing, planes) that can be played without a keyboard i.e. with a controller only, so thay I can use my HTPC as a console.

Thank you very much.
July 1, 2012 2:27:42 PM

Hi :) 

With onboard graphics any game like far cry is going to be a slideshow :( 

I wouldnt bother...

All the best Brett :) 
July 1, 2012 3:00:08 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

With onboard graphics any game like far cry is going to be a slideshow :( 

I wouldnt bother...

All the best Brett :) 

I played Far Cry in one of these and BF2 in a GeForce4 integrated in a mainboard (donĀ“t remember the model) with shared memory and an Athlon XP 1800+
Both benchmark below an intel HD3000, which I am aware is no gaming card. I have my ATI 3870 and it still serves me right.
I'm sure this rig can play some old games, just need to know which ones can be played without a keyboard.
Related resources
July 1, 2012 5:41:14 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Best thing to do is to Google which games have controller support.

Sorry, but JFGI is not the answer when the answer is other peoples' experience. I have already done that search and the only things that show up other than controller reviews is this thread which degenerated.

As an example, BF1942 "supports" a controller, but if you try to play without kb and mouse you're dead. I use a portable keyboard w/trackball, but it's too flimsy and erratic to play with.
July 1, 2012 7:52:17 PM

malavena said:
Sorry, but JFGI is not the answer when the answer is other peoples' experience. I have already done that search and the only things that show up other than controller reviews is this thread which degenerated.

Sorry, you didn't ask for other peoples experiences (and to be quite honest you won't get many, most people here play with a keyboard+mouse) you asked for- "PC games that can be played without a keyboard i.e. with a controller only".

But because you're too lazy to research yourself on places like steam you want others to do it for you? GTFO.

malavena said:
As an example, BF1942 "supports" a controller, but if you try to play without kb and mouse you're dead. I use a portable keyboard w/trackball, but it's too flimsy and erratic to play with.

You'll get owned on 99% of online PC games using a controller, whats your point? If you've got a problem with that use a keyboard and mouse.
July 1, 2012 9:05:15 PM

Didn't expect this thread to degenerate quicker than the other one. Shame. Bye.
!