Console-type games for HTPC?

malavena

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Hello all.
I used to play RTS games and turn-based ones. For FPS I played Battlefield or Far-Cry and for racing I played NFSU 1-2 or Racedriver:Grid.

I have made an HTPC out of an i3 with Intel HD3000 graphics. The controller is a wireless Logitech PS2-alike. I don't have much experience in consoles.

I'd like to know of PC games (FPS, racing, planes) that can be played without a keyboard i.e. with a controller only, so thay I can use my HTPC as a console.

Thank you very much.

malavena

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007

I played Far Cry in one of these and BF2 in a GeForce4 integrated in a mainboard (don´t remember the model) with shared memory and an Athlon XP 1800+
Both benchmark below an intel HD3000, which I am aware is no gaming card. I have my ATI 3870 and it still serves me right.
I'm sure this rig can play some old games, just need to know which ones can be played without a keyboard.

malavena

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007

Sorry, but JFGI is not the answer when the answer is other peoples' experience. I have already done that search and the only things that show up other than controller reviews is this thread which degenerated.

As an example, BF1942 "supports" a controller, but if you try to play without kb and mouse you're dead. I use a portable keyboard w/trackball, but it's too flimsy and erratic to play with.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

Sorry, you didn't ask for other peoples experiences (and to be quite honest you won't get many, most people here play with a keyboard+mouse) you asked for- "PC games that can be played without a keyboard i.e. with a controller only".

But because you're too lazy to research yourself on places like steam you want others to do it for you? GTFO.

You'll get owned on 99% of online PC games using a controller, whats your point? If you've got a problem with that use a keyboard and mouse.