Cannot add a printer

The add a printer button does not brng Add Printer Wizard
as is normal. Nothing happens when I click on Add a
printer. The computer is Dell Dimension 4600 running
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1.

I found a KB article number 271248 for similar issues on
Windows 2000 platform. The workaround mentioned in the
article does not work for Windows XP.

I wil appreciate any help to resolve this issue

Ram

Start the Print Spooler. From the Command Prompt, type:

net start spooler
(and hit enter)

Now try the Add Printer Wizard again.
www.coribright.com