Configure XP Fax Service to Work with Answering Machine

September 15, 2004 12:50:22 PM

We have one (1) phone line, which we use for both voice
communications (handset w/integrated answering machine)
and sending and receiving faxes (Microsoft XP Faxing
Service). How can we successfully configure a) Faxing
Service AND b) answering machine to selectively answer
calls/faxes? TIA
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 3:06:15 PM

See the KB article at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272943&Product=winxp
www.coribright.com

"Jack Mills" <gisjack@tyler.net> wrote in message
> We have one (1) phone line, which we use for both voice
> communications (handset w/integrated answering machine)
> and sending and receiving faxes (Microsoft XP Faxing
> Service). How can we successfully configure a) Faxing
> Service AND b) answering machine to selectively answer
> calls/faxes? TIA
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 1:43:27 AM

These third party hardware devices can provide a work-around to the lack of
Distinctive Ring support:

http://www.youcansave.com/switchboard.html
Emerson Switchboard
http://www.command-comm.com/products.html