Configure XP Fax Service to Work with Answering Machine

We have one (1) phone line, which we use for both voice
communications (handset w/integrated answering machine)
and sending and receiving faxes (Microsoft XP Faxing
Service). How can we successfully configure a) Faxing
Service AND b) answering machine to selectively answer
calls/faxes? TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about configure service work answering machine

    See the KB article at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272943&Product=winxp
    www.coribright.com

    "Jack Mills" <gisjack@tyler.net> wrote in message
    > We have one (1) phone line, which we use for both voice
    > communications (handset w/integrated answering machine)
    > and sending and receiving faxes (Microsoft XP Faxing
    > Service). How can we successfully configure a) Faxing
    > Service AND b) answering machine to selectively answer
    > calls/faxes? TIA

    These third party hardware devices can provide a work-around to the lack of
    Distinctive Ring support:

    http://www.youcansave.com/switchboard.html
    Emerson Switchboard
    http://www.command-comm.com/products.html
    ComSwitch®

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "Jack Mills" <gisjack@tyler.net> wrote in message
    > We have one (1) phone line, which we use for both voice
    > communications (handset w/integrated answering machine)
    > and sending and receiving faxes (Microsoft XP Faxing
    > Service). How can we successfully configure a) Faxing
    > Service AND b) answering machine to selectively answer
    > calls/faxes? TIA

Fax Configuration Microsoft Windows XP