Cannot send fax after installing SP2

I recently installed XP SP2 and find that I can't send faxes anymore. I am
using a dialup modem on XP home (win98 upgrade version) . I can receive faxes
with no problems and I can even dial up into my ISP. It is asif my fax
service outgoing does not work. Can anybody help me?
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot send installing

    Look at the Fax Service in Administrative Tools > Services
    What is its startup type?
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "CorneArlow" <CorneArlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently installed XP SP2 and find that I can't send faxes anymore. I am
    > using a dialup modem on XP home (win98 upgrade version) . I can receive
    > faxes
    > with no problems and I can even dial up into my ISP. It is asif my fax
    > service outgoing does not work. Can anybody help me?

    Fax queue might be paused/blocked. Can you please ensure that the value of
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fax\QueueState is 0?

    Some clarification questions:
    Are you able to submit the fax and see it in the outbox?
    If there is no action like dialing then check if the modem is configured to
    send fax?
    Are there any errors in the eventlogs?
    Or is there a transmission error?

    --
    Shyama Hembram
    purposes only.

    > Look at the Fax Service in Administrative Tools > Services
    > What is its startup type?
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "CorneArlow" <CorneArlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I recently installed XP SP2 and find that I can't send faxes anymore. I
    am
    > > using a dialup modem on XP home (win98 upgrade version) . I can receive
    > > faxes
    > > with no problems and I can even dial up into my ISP. It is asif my fax
    > > service outgoing does not work. Can anybody help me?

Fax Internet Service Providers Dial Up Connection Windows XP