Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)
Quite the patch message today!
April 12th, 2005
*** Headlines ***
- A new button has been added to character select: Return Home. If a
character has not been played in the past 6 hours, this button is enabled
and pressing it will log the character into the game in their starting
- If a character is logged out for more than an hour, full health, mana,
and endurance will be granted upon logging in. This is still a bit under
development. You may not be quite at 100% but very close.
- Re-envisioning has begun!
- Over 600 Spell modifications.
- New zone art for the character select screen and character creation.
Crossing the bridge while in Explore mode will allow you to enter the
world. Note that all characters are in the same area now. There are no
longer class specific areas.
- New Hot Spots!*
The Scarlet Desert
The Tower of Frozen Shadow
The Halls of Betrayal (Chardok B)
- There are 2 new keyboard shortcuts in the Command section in the Options
menu, Open Inventory Bags and Close Inventory Bags. Setting these, then
using them will open/close all your general inventory slot bags
- Added a teleportation stone to Arena in Plane of Knowledge.*
- Many modifications have been made to the cast times, recast times, mana
costs, and damage potential of many single target direct damage
spells. The largest changes have been in level 1-50 spells, but many 50+
spells have been adjusted as well. These changes have caused the
damage-per-second potential and/or the damage-per-mana values of these
spells to be increased and should benefit the classes who use these
spells in nearly all cases. Note that this also includes special purpose
spells such as undead and summoned direct damage spells. Please check the
in game descriptions for specific changes.*
- The 750 cap on mana increase spells has been removed.*
- The hard-coded level 52 NPC cap on Fear spells has been removed. We will
be adding new fear spells in the near future which will allow players to
fear higher level NPCs.*
- Assassin- You will now receive messages in your chat window when you are
healed by any heal-over-time spell. This includes both short term HOT
spells as well as long term regen spells. You will receive the message if
the spell actually gave you health back, so will not receive messages
when at full health. These messages can be turned off through a new
filter in the options window.*
- Ranger, Beastlord, and Paladin heals have been upgraded. See the spell
descriptions in game for details.*
- The AC cap and percentage return on AC over the cap for monks has been
- Increased the knock back effect on the Warrior AA Press the Attack.
- Theft of Thought will no longer return only partial mana from NPCs over
level 52. In addition, the spell was changed so that it will only return
as much mana as the NPC has if that is less than the amount that the
spell is trying to steal. So it will steal 400 mana from an NPC that has
1000 mana, but it will only steal 100 mana from a NPC that has 100 mana.*
- Increased the effectiveness and decreased the casting time of the Ranger
AA Auspice of the Hunter.*
- Increased the amount of damage absorbed by the Bard AA Shield of Notes.*
- Increased the damage done while using the Bard AA Dance of Blades.*
- Added a negative resistance mod to the Shaman AA Virulent Paralysis so it
is more likely to land on NPCs now.*
- Modified the proc chance on spell Lightning Channeling and Storm
Channeling. Both of these spells now have an increased proc chance.
- Sound of Divinity and Sound of Might will now use their own separate
shared spell timer.
- The spell enhanced learning can no longer have its duration increased by
Alternate advancement skills and/or focus effects.
- Flames of the Valiant and Flames of Redemption should now proc more often
and be resisted much less often.
- Protection of the Wild should no longer be overwritten by Strength of the
- Spirit of the Panther and Spirit of the Leopard have been modified. NPCs
were able to trigger the effects of these spells at a much higher rate
then players. The rate of NPCs triggering these effects has been lowered
to match PCs. Additionally, the base damage of the effect has been
lowered, and the spell will now only land on PCs and pets that are a part
of your group.
- Removed the focus effect limiters from Persuasive Gaze, the focus effect
found on the enchanter epic 1.5. It now works on any detrimental spells
up to level 70 the same way the focus effect on the enchanter epic 2.0
- Fixed a problem with focus effects that reduce hate. It was not using the
highest effect if more than one focus effect was worn.
- Dragon Fang and Leopard Claw will now generate less hate.
- Items that have a combat or clickable spell effect that was changed due
to the spell changes in this patch have either had their proc rate
adjusted to compensate or use a new spell to maintain their damage
- The Anguish chest pieces now have additional worn mods and a new spell
- The Anguish wrist pieces now have additional worn mods.
- Mirrored Mask will no longer conflict with other recast timer based items
such as the Soul Orb.
- Hammer of Rancorous Thoughts is now a 39/25 weapon with a 225pt proc.
- Dragonkiller is now a 34 (+2 magic)/21 weapon.
- Mace of Grim Tidings is a 32/22 weapon.
- Broken Mandible of the Broodqueen is now a 12/18 weapon and has a +5% mod
- Fang of Kessdona now has +12% mod to backstab.
- Crescent Palemoon now has the focus Aneuk Glare. It also has +15 avoid,
+4 spell rune and +4 regen.
- Aegis of the Amber Moon now has +3 shielding, +4 dot rune, +6 regen.
- Bladewhisper Chain Gloves of Journeys now has Cleave V as the worn
- Bladewhisper Chain Legguards of Journeys now has the focus of Alacrity of
- Summoned: Burning Shank should proc more often.
- Eye of Yar`Lir is now called - Bracer of the Debauched now has +2 mana
regen and +20 attack.
- Added the following new Dragons of Norrath missions
House of the Autumn Rose (Norrath's Keepers Only)
Plunder the Hoard (Dark Reign Only)
A Goblin's Escort
Halfling's Treasure Map
These will show up on the usual mission givers once you have enough faction.
- Modified the shards awarded for many of the Dragons of Norrath missions
to better reflect how long they are taking to complete.
- Changed the adventure - Changes were made to all Muramite Proving Ground
trials. The major changes are: Adaptation is slightly easier, the trial
of Ingenuity was significantly changed, and NPC resists in all single
group trials were lowered.
- Corrected a problem that was causing some NPCs in the Muramite Proving
Grounds to show up in the wrong part of the zone.
- In the Citadel of Anguish it's no longer possible to fight Arch Mage
Vangl without completing the Keldovan, Jelvan, and Hanvar events first.
- The Warden Hanvar encounter has been made more challenging; you may wish
to bring some extra allies with you.
- Beware, if you are too close to a wall the swarm adds in the Mata Muram
encounter will spawn directly on top of you.
- Increased the drop rate for the Tongue of the Zun
*** NPCs ***
- Modified King Xorbb in Beholder. He will now drop Slime Crystal Staff
100% of the time.
- Players can no longer attempt to give stacks of items to NPCs. The NPC
would treat the stack as one item and you would lose the rest. There is
now a check to help with people putting in a stack of items and losing
- Items given to an NPC by a PC will no longer count as a Task item when
- NPC pathing code has been reviewed and some changes have been made which
should prevent NPCs from becoming stuck and eventually becoming
invisible. Please let us know if you see this happen any more.
- The Cube Fragments in the Gates of Discord Sewer trials will no longer
get stuck in the geometry.
- The Soulbinder at the Firiona Vie outpost is now able to bind you to that
We have changed the chance to gain a skill up when using tradeskills.
Previously there was a large increase in the average number of combines
needed for a skill increase for skill values of 160 through 190. This made
sense when 200 was the skill cap. We have changed the algorithm to remove
the harsh spike in combines required for skill ups from 160 to 190, making
it a more reasonable to increase all the way up to 300. For more details
please see the post here:
- Alabaster Beak and Ivory Stormrider Canine are now marked as usable in
- Dragons of Norrath brewing items now drop off NPCs. They were only
available through foraging before.
- Added the race name to the Unfired Cookie Cutters. New item names are:
Unfired Barbarian Cookie Cutter, Unfired Gnome Cookie Cutter, Unfired
Troll Cookie Cutter and Unfired Animal Cookie Cutter.
- Added the recipes for four cookie cutters for Luclin beasties. The
sketches and molds should be easily found on vendors.
- Added the appropriate effects to Dragons of Norrath potions.
- The recipe for dough made from Rock Hopper Egg now uses Rockhopper
Egg. It turns out that there were two items with similar names, but the
one used in the recipe doesn't drop in game.
- Removed the recipe for chain jointing that was used in Planes of Power
armor. This recipe was removed because the jointing is no longer used in
- You will now only need to collect half the number of items for the level
65+ Vah Shir racial armor pattern book quest.
*** Server stability ***
- We believe we have corrected the problem with the excessive server lag
that has been happening in most raid zones. A guild from one of our live
servers was willing to come over to our test server and verify the raid
in pofire was working properly without causing the zone to lag out. They
were able to complete many of the stages of the raid successfully and
even multiple times without issue. There was one instance of a mob
warping after getting in a bad location, but we have made vast
improvements from its current state. We have also improved our logging
code to better detect similar problems should they occur again in the
future. Please let us know if you experience any problems related to
- The memory leak problems that have recently been affecting the world
servers has had much progress. Several memory leaks related to the
previous update have been corrected, and server stability has improved
measurably as a result. We will continue to monitor the servers closely
for memory leak issues.
- A zone crash in Chardokb related to the Korucust encounter has been
- A zone crash related to guild tribute being toggled while a player was
being charmed or feared has been fixed.
- Added and Augment pool and Augment Solvent Merchant in the Bazaar.
- Added new search criteria to the Bazaar search: min level, max level. Any
items which match all other search criteria, yet have a rec or req level
outside the boundaries set in the new fields will not be returned by the
- The barter UI code has been improved. There were some issues related to
keeping the client properly synchronized with the server which have been
fixed. It now more accurately tracks changes in inventory when multiple
players are interacting with a buyer. Also, if a buyer has a LORE item,
any buy-lines that require the LORE item will now automatically disable
because the buyer would not be able to complete the transaction (because
it would result in two lore items on the buyer). Previously this was
causing a client-server sync issue that would result in a player being
- Barter Search Window: Right-clicking on the item sought by Buyers found
in a search will display that item. You now have to right click on the
Buyer's name to get the search path.
*** UI ***
- Fixed an issue causing custom UIs to show bad data in unused buff slots.
- The Task display now properly displays tasks with a large number of
- On character select, if you want to go back into the tutorial, just click
the tutorial button below the list of characters. It is no longer a