Dead Spots in Oregon?

Using Verizon in Oregon?

Please, do write me and let me know where you have dead spots in coverage,
especially where the coverage maps claim coverage. It's especially helpful
to know where you have roaming analog but not Verizon digital, or roaming
digital but not Verizon digital.

Please also advise the make & model of your handset, to help me get a sens
of how many folks are digital-only.

Thank you kindly.
--
John Bartley K7AAY http://kiloseven.blogspot.com
This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.

For general information, which is actually pretty accurate check out
Verizon's detailed
coverage locator map here:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController?requesttype=NEWREQUEST

From there, you can select Verizon native coverage to view that coverage
area (complete with digital and analog areas by color code). You can then
select AC or other plan map to see color coded approximate extended network
(roaming) coverage that is included with that plan.

-Dan

PS: The reason I asked why you want it is to understand if you want this
general information or specific in-town dead spots for various Oregon cities
(which no individual likely has).

--

=======================
Oregon and the Pacific Northwest

--

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:37:48 -0800, "Dan Albrich" <dalbrich@uoregon.edui>
wrote:

>For general information, which is actually pretty accurate check out
>Verizon's detailed coverage locator map here:
>http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController?requesttype=NEWREQUEST

I did, and after saving some individual elements, ended up with this
illustration of Verizon native digital coverage:

http://tinyurl.com/546u6

It's real clear Verizon isn't scaling all maps the same. In the absence of
software deigned for the purpose, the result is not pro grade, but I will
have time to make those adjustments this weekend after I find a more
capable program to stitch together images.

>From there, you can select Verizon native coverage to view that coverage
>area (complete with digital and analog areas by color code). You can then
>select AC or other plan map to see color coded approximate extended network
>(roaming) coverage that is included with that plan.
>
>-Dan
>
>PS: The reason I asked why you want it is to understand if you want this
>general information or specific in-town dead spots for various Oregon cities
>(which no individual likely has).

Don't want one person to tell me everything, but if several folks tell me
what they know of (like Sprint's dead spot covering my favorite Cuban
restaurant in Portland at NE 29th & Glisan, or the reputed dead spot for
ATTWS/Cingular on College Hill in Eugene), I can get a sense of the
veracity of the maps, before I make a carrier selection for my users.

I intend to make or find the best maps possible from what I can glean from
the websites, print to transparancies, and then overlay one on top of the
other. I will look carefully at priority locations (Portland Metro, Eugene
& vicinity, Bend, K-Falls), the roads between them and other locations I
will learn are important to my users.

Then, I'll roll a d20 and pray for a crit.

--
The TSA is a test. It is only a test......
"Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857.

> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:37:48 -0800, "Dan Albrich"
> <dalbrich@uoregon.edui> wrote:
>
>>For general information, which is actually pretty accurate check out
>>Verizon's detailed coverage locator map here:
>>http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController?
requesttyp
>>e=NEWREQUEST
>
> I did, and after saving some individual elements, ended up with this
> illustration of Verizon native digital coverage:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/546u6
>
> It's real clear Verizon isn't scaling all maps the same. In the
> absence of software deigned for the purpose, the result is not pro
> grade, but I will have time to make those adjustments this weekend
> after I find a more capable program to stitch together images.
>
>>From there, you can select Verizon native coverage to view that
>>coverage area (complete with digital and analog areas by color code).
>>You can then select AC or other plan map to see color coded
>>approximate extended network (roaming) coverage that is included with
>>that plan.
>>
>>-Dan
> Then, I'll roll a d20 and pray for a crit.

I have no idea what that means.