printer problem after sp2

September 15, 2004 8:21:03 PM

my canon multipass f30 is no longer recognized since
installing service pack 2. obviously i am not alone. if
anyone finds a solution, please let me know. thanks.

More about : printer problem sp2

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 1:31:25 AM

There would appear to be issues with many Canon Miltipass units after
upgrading Windows XP with SP2. Alan Morris of Microsoft has suggested
that a Hotfix from Microsoft might solve the problem.

See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020

Perhaps that does fix it; however, I have seen nothing that confirms
that the issue is resolved with this fix so far.

The solution might soon come in the form of revised drivers from Canon.
Time will tell.

In the meantime, the best advice I can give is to try the HotFix. If no
joy, remove SP2, re-install the most current drivers and not re-apply
SP2 until there are revised drivers or some other solution.

Sorry. It is the best I can suggest for now.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS

"Ann" <ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: my canon multipass f30 is no longer recognized since
: installing service pack 2. obviously i am not alone. if
: anyone finds a solution, please let me know. thanks.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 1:31:26 AM

To verify that the Canon service is blocked by SP2s tcpip.sys file, find the
mpnetipc.ini file in system32. If the ini setting is 127.0.0.2 you should
pickup the hotfix. You could perform the workaround but if you ever
reinstall the driver the ini file will get overwritten and you'll remember
you did something to get this working and be back for instructions. The
below is a comment by the Canon developer who investigated this initially.

We found the problem. Our component in the spooler is trying to communicate
via WinSock on IP address 127.0.0.2. When I change this to 127.0.0.1,
printing and scanning starts working.

Right now, this setting is in an INI file that we put in system32. In order
to make the printer work, you just have to change the address in
MpNetIpc.ini.

The result is that there appears to be a work around, but we would like to
know why address 127.0.0.2 is being blocked.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Thomas Ferguson" <tomf@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o yU9$R4mEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> There would appear to be issues with many Canon Miltipass units after
> upgrading Windows XP with SP2. Alan Morris of Microsoft has suggested
> that a Hotfix from Microsoft might solve the problem.
>
> See
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020
>
> Perhaps that does fix it; however, I have seen nothing that confirms
> that the issue is resolved with this fix so far.
>
> The solution might soon come in the form of revised drivers from Canon.
> Time will tell.
>
> In the meantime, the best advice I can give is to try the HotFix. If no
> joy, remove SP2, re-install the most current drivers and not re-apply
> SP2 until there are revised drivers or some other solution.
>
> Sorry. It is the best I can suggest for now.
>
> Tom
> MSMVP-DTS
>

> "Ann" <ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : my canon multipass f30 is no longer recognized since
> : installing service pack 2. obviously i am not alone. if
> : anyone finds a solution, please let me know. thanks.

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 6:12:24 AM

Thanks Alan. That helps clarify the issue and gives a workable solution
for anyone with the issue you described.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS

:
: We found the problem. Our component in the spooler is trying to
communicate
: via WinSock on IP address 127.0.0.2. When I change this to 127.0.0.1,
: printing and scanning starts working.
:
: Right now, this setting is in an INI file that we put in system32. In
order
: to make the printer work, you just have to change the address in
: MpNetIpc.ini.
:
: The result is that there appears to be a work around, but we would
like to
: know why address 127.0.0.2 is being blocked.
:
:
: --
: Alan Morris
: Windows Printing Team
: Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto
:
: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
:
: "Thomas Ferguson" <tomf@mvps.org> wrote in message
: news:o yU9$R4mEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
: > There would appear to be issues with many Canon Miltipass units
after
: > upgrading Windows XP with SP2. Alan Morris of Microsoft has
suggested
: > that a Hotfix from Microsoft might solve the problem.
: >
!