Hey Microsoft! SP2 has made the Photo Printing Wizard usel..

I really like the versatility of using the Windows Photo Printing Wizard;
being able to print multiple photos on a single 8.5x11 sheet of paper -
contact sheets, wallet prints, etc. Up until I upgraded to SP2, everything
was fine; I was happy with the quality of the photo printing.

Then I upgraded to SP2. Now, all my photos turn out very dark. Even if I
change the 'Printing Preferences' to have the printer lighten things up, the
prints still turn out lousey. The same photos print fine with other
applications with no adjustments. But those other applicaitons are not
suited to multiple printing of photos on a single sheet. It's long and
laborious, with lots of chances for error.

I am using Windows XP Pro and an Epson CX6400 all-in-one printer using USB.
I uninstalled all of the Espon printer software, rebooted, then re-installed
it all. No change.

From reading other posts, it seems as though I am not the only one with this
problem.

Microsoft, please give me back my Photo Printing Wizard!

Ed
5 answers Last reply
More about microsoft made photo printing wizard usel

    I am having the EXACT same problem with my Epson R200
    photoprinter!! This is making me very angry!! What is
    the fix going to be?

    the only one with this
    >problem.
    >
    >Microsoft, please give me back my Photo Printing Wizard!
    >
    >Ed
    >

    >.

    I have THE SAME EXAT PROBLEM TO BUT IM USING SP1 ,BEFORE IT WAS FINE WITH
    WINDOWS PHOTO PRINTING WIZARD NOW ITS ALL DARK MY PICTURES ,THE QUALITY WAS
    PERFECT! ,NOT ANYMORE ,i THINK THAT WHAT CHANGE MY WIZARD WAS A RECENT
    WINDOWS UPDATE BECAUSE IT WAS FINE TILL LAST WEEK SEPTEMBER 25 THAT I
    REMEMBER, PLUS MY FRIEND IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM TOO WITH EPSON STYLUS
    PHOTO R200, SAME AS MY PRINTER.

    "Ed" wrote:

    > I really like the versatility of using the Windows Photo Printing Wizard;
    > being able to print multiple photos on a single 8.5x11 sheet of paper -
    > contact sheets, wallet prints, etc. Up until I upgraded to SP2, everything
    > was fine; I was happy with the quality of the photo printing.
    >
    > Then I upgraded to SP2. Now, all my photos turn out very dark. Even if I
    > change the 'Printing Preferences' to have the printer lighten things up, the
    > prints still turn out lousey. The same photos print fine with other
    > applications with no adjustments. But those other applicaitons are not
    > suited to multiple printing of photos on a single sheet. It's long and
    > laborious, with lots of chances for error.
    >
    > I am using Windows XP Pro and an Epson CX6400 all-in-one printer using USB.
    > I uninstalled all of the Espon printer software, rebooted, then re-installed
    > it all. No change.
    >
    > From reading other posts, it seems as though I am not the only one with this
    > problem.
    >
    > Microsoft, please give me back my Photo Printing Wizard!
    >
    > Ed

    How ddo you print multiple photos on single page? Can't find any way of
    upgrading XP Pro which doesn't seem to do this!

    "Ed" wrote:

    > I really like the versatility of using the Windows Photo Printing Wizard;
    > being able to print multiple photos on a single 8.5x11 sheet of paper -
    > contact sheets, wallet prints, etc. Up until I upgraded to SP2, everything
    > was fine; I was happy with the quality of the photo printing.
    >
    > Then I upgraded to SP2. Now, all my photos turn out very dark. Even if I
    > change the 'Printing Preferences' to have the printer lighten things up, the
    > prints still turn out lousey. The same photos print fine with other
    > applications with no adjustments. But those other applicaitons are not
    > suited to multiple printing of photos on a single sheet. It's long and
    > laborious, with lots of chances for error.
    >
    > I am using Windows XP Pro and an Epson CX6400 all-in-one printer using USB.
    > I uninstalled all of the Espon printer software, rebooted, then re-installed
    > it all. No change.
    >
    > From reading other posts, it seems as though I am not the only one with this
    > problem.
    >
    > Microsoft, please give me back my Photo Printing Wizard!
    >
    > Ed

    Its not really a satisfactory answer, but a good work around is to use MS
    Word to print the photos.

    This gets round the problem of the image darkening but I feel that there
    should be a better answer to this long standing question

    Someone at Microsoft must be blushing

    "Ed" wrote:

    > I really like the versatility of using the Windows Photo Printing Wizard;
    > being able to print multiple photos on a single 8.5x11 sheet of paper -
    > contact sheets, wallet prints, etc. Up until I upgraded to SP2, everything
    > was fine; I was happy with the quality of the photo printing.
    >
    > Then I upgraded to SP2. Now, all my photos turn out very dark. Even if I
    > change the 'Printing Preferences' to have the printer lighten things up, the
    > prints still turn out lousey. The same photos print fine with other
    > applications with no adjustments. But those other applicaitons are not
    > suited to multiple printing of photos on a single sheet. It's long and
    > laborious, with lots of chances for error.
    >
    > I am using Windows XP Pro and an Epson CX6400 all-in-one printer using USB.
    > I uninstalled all of the Espon printer software, rebooted, then re-installed
    > it all. No change.
    >
    > From reading other posts, it seems as though I am not the only one with this
    > problem.
    >
    > Microsoft, please give me back my Photo Printing Wizard!
    >
    > Ed

Photo Microsoft Windows XP