Faxing through a DSL modem

I have DSL through Verizon and would like to send my Resume from home through
my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4000).

I am using a D-Link DFE-690TXD CardBus PC Card with Windows XP Pro (SP2). My
fax wizard does not see it though. I know that you can only send faxes
through analog lines but isn't there a way to send it to the broadband modem
(Westell wirespeed) to then connect it to the analog line?

I have one phone line and my laptop does not have a line out phone jack. Do
i have to route my phone line to both my broadband modem and my dial-up modem
to be able to use the fax service? (currently the only way for me to do that
without more purchases is to disconnect my broadband modem to plug in my
dial-up modem.)

More about faxing modem

    "chiapet" <chiapet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have DSL through Verizon and would like to send my Resume from
    >home through
    > my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4000).
    >
    > I am using a D-Link DFE-690TXD CardBus PC Card with Windows XP Pro
    > (SP2). My
    > fax wizard does not see it though. I know that you can only send
    > faxes
    > through analog lines but isn't there a way to send it to the
    > broadband modem
    > (Westell wirespeed) to then connect it to the analog line?
    >
    > I have one phone line and my laptop does not have a line out phone
    > jack. Do
    > i have to route my phone line to both my broadband modem and my
    > dial-up modem
    > to be able to use the fax service? (currently the only way for me
    > to do that
    > without more purchases is to disconnect my broadband modem to plug
    > in my
    > dial-up modem.)
    >
    > Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

    You need a regular analog modem which connects to an analog phone
    line. If your ADSL provider is the local telephone company, the
    ADSL line is also a voice telephone line. If so, you need an ADSL
    filter to remove the high frequency noise from the voice side.
    Verizon usually provides several filters. You would then run a
    telephone cord from your laptop modem to that filtered connection.
    If you do not have a separate telephone jack, you will need a
    splitter. The filter for wall phones has a splitter built in. Make
    sure that the ADSL model is connected to the unfiltered signal.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

    If this

    "Earl F. Parrish" <efparri@nowhere.world> wrote in message

    > "chiapet" <chiapet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I have DSL through Verizon and would like to send my Resume from
    >>home through
    >> my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4000).
    >>
    >> I am using a D-Link DFE-690TXD CardBus PC Card with Windows XP
    >> Pro (SP2). My
    >> fax wizard does not see it though. I know that you can only send
    >> faxes
    >> through analog lines but isn't there a way to send it to the
    >> broadband modem
    >> (Westell wirespeed) to then connect it to the analog line?
    >>
    >> I have one phone line and my laptop does not have a line out
    >> phone jack. Do
    >> i have to route my phone line to both my broadband modem and my
    >> dial-up modem
    >> to be able to use the fax service? (currently the only way for me
    >> to do that
    >> without more purchases is to disconnect my broadband modem to
    >> plug in my
    >> dial-up modem.)
    >>
    >> Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > You need a regular analog modem which connects to an analog phone
    > line. If your ADSL provider is the local telephone company, the
    > ADSL line is also a voice telephone line. If so, you need an ADSL
    > filter to remove the high frequency noise from the voice side.
    > Verizon usually provides several filters. You would then run a
    > telephone cord from your laptop modem to that filtered connection.
    > If you do not have a separate telephone jack, you will need a
    > splitter. The filter for wall phones has a splitter built in.
    > Make sure that the ADSL modem is connected to the unfiltered
    > signal.
    >
    > --
    > Earl F. Parrish

    Corrected "model" to "modem" above and removed trailing line below
    my message. The cursor must have been in the wrong place.

Modem Windows XP