[EQ] Okay, obviously I missed a meeting at some point

Having given EQ2 a second try last month (and found that they've
incorporated a lot of what I like about WoW into EQ2 ... man, I love
competition), just for grins I signed up for the All Access Pass this month.
Fired up my EQL account today for the first time in about 6 months. I
noticed a few things right off the bat:

1) My old server (Cazic Thule) has apparently been merged with Brell. I see
several folks running around with the "of Brell") suffix on their names.

2) There's now a counter for gems on the top right portion of my inventory
screen. I have no clue what this is for. Anyone?

3) You can get directly to the bazaar from the PoK nowadays .. that's handy.

4) The "Return Home" button makes it much more likely that I'll see how far
into a dungeon I can crawl by myself, something I always loved to do but
hesitated to do with a non-gate class.

So, since there's still only 50 folks in the PoK, I started a task with my
40 cleric. Performed the first two parts, no problem .. run to the small
raptor island in Tim Deep, then run to the Skyfire entrance in OT. Then I
got the third part ... find some NPC in FV. Grab the stone, hit the secret
tunnel, pop into the outpost.

Hey, waitadamnminute ... that looks like a Dark Elf ... what the hell?

Dragoon Whatshisname lights your ass up for a buttload of damage.

Logged, and called up my chanter. Make the same run, became a DE, and ran
around the outpost. No one there but Dragoons and Cliff Golems .. no
vendors, no bankers ... nothing.

Hmmmmm. Ooooooooo-kay. Search the story journal ... if it's there, I
missed it.

Googled on 'Firiona Vie Dragoon' ... 4 hits, none relevant.

Could anyone spare the time to give the Reader's Digest condensed version of
what happened?

TIA,
Crash
24 answers Last reply
More about okay missed meeting point

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:28:08 -0500, "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote:

    >Could anyone spare the time to give the Reader's Digest condensed version of
    >what happened?

    The long and short of it is that Lanys T'Vyl has taken over the outpost of Firiona Vie.
    This occurred in the weeks prior to the release of the Dragons of Norrath expansion pack.

    The culmination of the script was quite an event, with Lanys leading the dark races across
    the Dreadlands to battle Al Kabor and an army of light. Players on both sides assisted,
    but in the end, darkness seized the day.

    The light-race inhabitants fled the outpost, booted the Drolvargs out of the Wulfwere
    village on the eastern edge of the zone, and took up residence therein. All of the of the
    light-race quest mobs and merchants can be found there.

    Best regards,

    Tim ==
    (substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')
    _________________

    Seeq Endestroi
    Paladin of Mithanial Marr, The Rathe
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=507035

    Grave Wisdom / Grave Intentions - a Rathe Guild
    http://www.gravewisdom.com

    "Seeq Endestroi" wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:28:08 -0500, "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Could anyone spare the time to give the Reader's Digest condensed version
    >>of
    >>what happened?
    >
    > The long and short of it is that Lanys T'Vyl has taken over the outpost of
    > Firiona Vie.
    > This occurred in the weeks prior to the release of the Dragons of Norrath
    > expansion pack.
    >
    > The culmination of the script was quite an event, with Lanys leading the
    > dark races across
    > the Dreadlands to battle Al Kabor and an army of light. Players on both
    > sides assisted,
    > but in the end, darkness seized the day.

    That sounds interesting. How did that go as an event? Was it well run?

    Crash

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:33:14 -0500, "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote:

    >That sounds interesting. How did that go as an event? Was it well run?

    It was fine right up to the point where you realized that the light races didn't have a
    hope in hell of repelling the invasion. :->

    "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> writes:
    > 2) There's now a counter for gems on the top right portion of my inventory
    > screen. I have no clue what this is for. Anyone?

    It's for keeping score of all the games of /gems you play. :-)

    No, really, those crystals are the rewards for doing good/evil missions
    as part of the Dragons of Norrath expansion. They're similar to the
    Adventure points from LDON in that you can use them to buy stuff at
    special merchants, but the crystals can be sold/traded among players.

    > 3) You can get directly to the bazaar from the PoK nowadays .. that's handy.

    Yes, though I do wish they'd made it a stone instead of a door. I find
    it weird that I can walk through a door from PoK to the Bazaar, then walk
    through a door from the Bazaar and be on the moon.

    > 4) The "Return Home" button makes it much more likely that I'll see how far
    > into a dungeon I can crawl by myself, something I always loved to do but
    > hesitated to do with a non-gate class.

    By the time I could get myself in that much trouble, gate potions were
    not too expensive. Though I admit there were some earlier levels when
    I might've been curious about exploring one-way paths such as Dalnir
    and Kaesora, and held back because I had no fallback if I couldn't fight
    my way through.

    > So, since there's still only 50 folks in the PoK, I started a task with my
    > 40 cleric. Performed the first two parts, no problem .. run to the small
    > raptor island in Tim Deep, then run to the Skyfire entrance in OT. Then I
    > got the third part ... find some NPC in FV. Grab the stone, hit the secret
    > tunnel, pop into the outpost.
    >
    > Hey, waitadamnminute ... that looks like a Dark Elf ... what the hell?
    > Could anyone spare the time to give the Reader's Digest condensed version of
    > what happened?

    A few months ago, as part of the lead-in to the DoN expansion, Lanys
    T'Vyl turned up with an army (and a dracolich) and kicked all the
    pansies out of FV. :-) The "good guys" have taken up residence in
    the former Drolvarg lair in the eastern part of the zone.

    By the way, if your task told you merely to speak to a particular NPC
    (as distinct from, say, "explore the inn run by so-and-so"), your
    compass should've had a mark showing the direction to him, and you
    should've gotten a message on zone-in telling you to check the compass.
    Easy to overlook, of course, especially if you don't happen to face in
    the right general direction so the mark isn't visible.

    -- Don.

    -- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
    -- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
    -- Teviron, Knight 13 on E. Marr

    "Don Woods" wrote:
    > "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> writes:
    >> 2) There's now a counter for gems on the top right portion of my
    >> inventory
    >> screen. I have no clue what this is for. Anyone?
    >
    > It's for keeping score of all the games of /gems you play. :-)

    LOL ;-)

    >> 4) The "Return Home" button makes it much more likely that I'll see how
    >> far
    >> into a dungeon I can crawl by myself, something I always loved to do but
    >> hesitated to do with a non-gate class.
    >
    > By the time I could get myself in that much trouble, gate potions were
    > not too expensive. Though I admit there were some earlier levels when
    > I might've been curious about exploring one-way paths such as Dalnir
    > and Kaesora, and held back because I had no fallback if I couldn't fight
    > my way through.

    Taking my 34 SK to Kaesora is exactly what I had in mind, and I haven't done
    it for exactly the reason you state.

    >> So, since there's still only 50 folks in the PoK, I started a task with
    >> my
    >> 40 cleric. Performed the first two parts, no problem .. run to the small
    >> raptor island in Tim Deep, then run to the Skyfire entrance in OT. Then
    >> got the third part ... find some NPC in FV. Grab the stone, hit the
    >> secret
    >> tunnel, pop into the outpost.
    >>
    >> Hey, waitadamnminute ... that looks like a Dark Elf ... what the hell?
    >> Could anyone spare the time to give the Reader's Digest condensed version
    >> of
    >> what happened?
    >
    > A few months ago, as part of the lead-in to the DoN expansion, Lanys
    > T'Vyl turned up with an army (and a dracolich) and kicked all the
    > pansies out of FV. :-) The "good guys" have taken up residence in
    > the former Drolvarg lair in the eastern part of the zone.
    >
    > By the way, if your task told you merely to speak to a particular NPC
    > (as distinct from, say, "explore the inn run by so-and-so"), your
    > compass should've had a mark showing the direction to him, and you
    > should've gotten a message on zone-in telling you to check the compass.
    > Easy to overlook, of course, especially if you don't happen to face in
    > the right general direction so the mark isn't visible.

    Ahhhh .... thanks for the background and the info regarding the compass.
    That makes sense.

    I'm just thankful he's a cleric ... a 60% rez is better than 0%. ;-)

    Crash

    "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> writes:
    > > The culmination of the script was quite an event, with Lanys leading
    > > the dark races across the Dreadlands to battle Al Kabor and an army of
    > > light. Players on both sides assisted, but in the end, darkness seized
    > > the day.
    >
    > That sounds interesting. How did that go as an event? Was it well run?

    The lead-in was great. Over the course of a few weeks, various
    changes began appearing, including some quests that stuck around
    for about a week and then went away. Good races could talk to a
    new NPC in Felwithe about the apparent kidnapping of Firiona Vie
    (the person, not the city!) and do quests for some decent rewards.
    Then some new NPCs showed up in the Outpost in Overthere and in DL,
    with rewards for helping the evil side. (Though if you were
    careful, a good race could get those rewards also, and there were
    no faction hits.) I actually spotted the latter NPCs and figured
    out several of the quests the night they appeared, which was a lot
    of fun. Then Lanys T'Vyl and Al Kabor showed up in DL, with their
    armies, and stood around for a few days; I think there may've been
    more quests available there, but I didn't have characters of the
    right level/faction to do them. Still, I figured something would
    happen at some point.

    So I was actually rather disappointed to log in one night and find
    that the entire event had taken place while I was off line. I don't
    know if there was some board I could've been watching that would've
    clued me in what time things were going to happen, but as it was I
    never had a chance to get involved. (I doubt that my 50-ish chars
    could've done much except get killed, or go link dead from all the
    lag, but I still would've liked to see it firsthand.)

    From what I heard second-hand, it was a great event to watch if your
    box could keep up with all the mobs and effects filling the zone(s).
    People were definitely freaked when Lanys T'Vyl crossed the zone
    line from DL to FV. :-)

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:35:53 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

    >Then some new NPCs showed up in the Outpost in Overthere and in DL,
    >with rewards for helping the evil side. (Though if you were
    >careful, a good race could get those rewards also, and there were
    >no faction hits.)

    I remember doing that. Had a 65 SK train the area away from the
    outpost so all the good races can do the quests. The SK didn't live
    though got summoned-what-summoned-whap etc.

    In article <2lV6e.7310$_63.6520@fe03.lga>, crash86@shotmail.com says...

    > "Don Woods" wrote:
    > > "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> writes:
    > >> 2) There's now a counter for gems on the top right portion of my
    > >> inventory
    > >> screen. I have no clue what this is for. Anyone?
    > >
    > > It's for keeping score of all the games of /gems you play. :-)
    >
    > LOL ;-)
    >
    > >> 4) The "Return Home" button makes it much more likely that I'll see how
    > >> far
    > >> into a dungeon I can crawl by myself, something I always loved to do but
    > >> hesitated to do with a non-gate class.
    > >
    > > By the time I could get myself in that much trouble, gate potions were
    > > not too expensive. Though I admit there were some earlier levels when
    > > I might've been curious about exploring one-way paths such as Dalnir
    > > and Kaesora, and held back because I had no fallback if I couldn't fight
    > > my way through.
    >
    > Taking my 34 SK to Kaesora is exactly what I had in mind, and I haven't done
    > it for exactly the reason you state.

    For me, at least, the fear of having no fallback was covered when they
    added the corpse rot guys. It pretty much removed all real fear. Worst
    case I'd lose a character for a week. I stopped worrying about being
    stuck in dungeons (or places like PoF, PoH) at that time, and haven't
    looked back.

    Then with DoN they added corpse summoners, and allowed you to get a
    rez... which made dungeon wipes irrlevant, imo.

    In my experience at least, more often than not when you 'discover' that
    you're stuck in a dungeon, you won't have the luxury of camping out and
    waiting six hours. You'd be looking at the "Loading. Please Wait...."
    thinking omg omg omg omg.. I'm f*****d!!

    Its the deep dungeon corpse recovery that made one way dungeons scary,
    not the inability to get out. Getting out has always been easy...
    getting your stuff out was the challenge. And we've had solutions to
    that for quite a while now.

    The new feature is handy, to be sure, but its not a big deal in my
    books.

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:15:13 GMT, 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    >Then with DoN they added corpse summoners, and allowed you to get a
    >rez... which made dungeon wipes irrlevant, imo.

    Bear in mind your rez timer will be shorter if you use the corpse
    summon in Guild Lobby so you should arrainge a cleric or other rezzer
    to be around when you summon. generally it's not a problem for me as
    some cleric with epic clicky rez may run around rezzing every corpses
    just to be nice.

    "42" wrote:
    > In article <2lV6e.7310$_63.6520@fe03.lga>, crash86@shotmail.com says...
    >>
    >> "Don Woods" wrote:
    >> > "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> writes:
    >> Taking my 34 SK to Kaesora is exactly what I had in mind, and I haven't
    >> done
    >> it for exactly the reason you state.
    >
    > For me, at least, the fear of having no fallback was covered when they
    > added the corpse rot guys. It pretty much removed all real fear. Worst
    > case I'd lose a character for a week. I stopped worrying about being
    > stuck in dungeons (or places like PoF, PoH) at that time, and haven't
    > looked back.
    >
    > Then with DoN they added corpse summoners, and allowed you to get a
    > rez... which made dungeon wipes irrlevant, imo.

    Corpse summoners? Keep in mind I've been out for 6 months or so. Treat me
    as you would a complete idiot.

    Crash

    "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in

    > "42" wrote:
    >> In article <2lV6e.7310$_63.6520@fe03.lga>, crash86@shotmail.com
    >> Then with DoN they added corpse summoners, and allowed you to get a
    >> rez... which made dungeon wipes irrlevant, imo.
    >
    > Corpse summoners? Keep in mind I've been out for 6 months or so.
    > Treat me as you would a complete idiot.

    For level 70-, pay 157ish PP to a merchant in the guild lobby for a talisman,
    give the talisman to one of the corpse summoners in the guild lobby, and
    voila, instant corpse summon to his feet. Get a rez, and be on your way. No
    more CRs ever again. The cost for lower levels is less.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
    Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

    "Graeme Faelban" wrote:
    > "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> "42" wrote:
    >>> In article <2lV6e.7310$_63.6520@fe03.lga>, crash86@shotmail.com
    >>> Then with DoN they added corpse summoners, and allowed you to get a
    >>> rez... which made dungeon wipes irrlevant, imo.
    >>
    >> Corpse summoners? Keep in mind I've been out for 6 months or so.
    >> Treat me as you would a complete idiot.
    >>

    > For level 70-, pay 157ish PP to a merchant in the guild lobby for a
    > talisman,
    > give the talisman to one of the corpse summoners in the guild lobby, and
    > voila, instant corpse summon to his feet. Get a rez, and be on your way.
    > No
    > more CRs ever again. The cost for lower levels is less.

    Ah-ha. So you have to:

    A) Have the new expansion, and

    B) Be in a guild.

    Crimony ... and I remember when folks were fussing about Soulbinders dumbing
    down the game.

    It's a long, long way from the days of losing your corpse and whatever
    gear/copper you'd amassed when you died at lvl 2 and couldn't find your
    body.

    Crash

    On 13 Apr 2005 15:08:43 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

    >For level 70-, pay 157ish PP to a merchant in the guild lobby for a talisman,
    >give the talisman to one of the corpse summoners in the guild lobby, and
    >voila, instant corpse summon to his feet. Get a rez, and be on your way. No
    >more CRs ever again. The cost for lower levels is less.

    Best part is one talisman will summon *all* corpses that haven't gone
    to Shadowhaven to your feet. I did this experiement once on a test,
    bound myself on top of the elevator in Pok, let the elevator drop.
    Viola instant bind death loop. 1 hour later I used one summon and all
    30-something corpses appeared at my feet.

    <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote:
    > "Graeme Faelban" wrote:
    > > "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in

    > >> Corpse summoners? Keep in mind I've been out for 6 months or so.
    > >> Treat me as you would a complete idiot.
    > >>

    > > For level 70-, pay 157ish PP to a merchant in the guild lobby for a
    > > talisman,
    > > give the talisman to one of the corpse summoners in the guild lobby, and
    > > voila, instant corpse summon to his feet. Get a rez, and be on your way.
    > > No
    > > more CRs ever again. The cost for lower levels is less.
    >
    > Ah-ha. So you have to:
    >
    > A) Have the new expansion, and

    Of course. They're running a business. =)

    > B) Be in a guild.

    Nope, it's accessible without being in a guild (other features aren't, but
    the corpse summoner is).

    > "Graeme Faelban" wrote:
    >> "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in

    >>> Corpse summoners? Keep in mind I've been out for 6 months or so.
    >>> Treat me as you would a complete idiot.
    >>>

    >> For level 70-, pay 157ish PP to a merchant in the guild lobby for a
    >> talisman, give the talisman to one of the corpse summoners in the
    >> guild lobby, and voila, instant corpse summon to his feet. Get a
    >> rez, and be on your way. No
    >> more CRs ever again. The cost for lower levels is less.
    >
    > Ah-ha. So you have to:
    >
    > A) Have the new expansion, and
    >
    > B) Be in a guild.

    No, it's in the guild lobby available to all with DoN, not in the guild
    hall specific to your guild.

    --

    "Graeme Faelban" wrote:
    > "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> "Graeme Faelban" wrote:
    >>> "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in

    >>> For level 70-, pay 157ish PP to a merchant in the guild lobby for a
    >>> talisman, give the talisman to one of the corpse summoners in the
    >>> guild lobby, and voila, instant corpse summon to his feet. Get a
    >>> rez, and be on your way. No
    >>> more CRs ever again. The cost for lower levels is less.
    >>
    >> Ah-ha. So you have to:
    >>
    >> A) Have the new expansion, and
    >>
    >> B) Be in a guild.
    >
    > No, it's in the guild lobby available to all with DoN, not in the guild
    > hall specific to your guild.

    Dumb question ... forgot to ask.

    I assume it's a 0% rez since it's a "corpse summon". Is that a fair
    statement? Seems like that would be the only way to implement such a thing
    and keep clerics happy.

    Crash

    <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote:
    > "Graeme Faelban" wrote:
    > > "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in

    > >> Ah-ha. So you have to:
    > >>
    > >> A) Have the new expansion, and
    > >>
    > >> B) Be in a guild.
    > >
    > > No, it's in the guild lobby available to all with DoN, not in the guild
    > > hall specific to your guild.
    >
    > Dumb question ... forgot to ask.
    >
    > I assume it's a 0% rez since it's a "corpse summon". Is that a fair
    > statement? Seems like that would be the only way to implement such a thing
    > and keep clerics happy.

    It's not a rez, it's just a corpse summon. Your corpse can then be rezzed.

    In article <g2b7e.3623$OU6.1968@fe02.lga>, crash86@shotmail.com says...
    > "Graeme Faelban" wrote:
    > > "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in

    > >> Corpse summoners? Keep in mind I've been out for 6 months or so.
    > >> Treat me as you would a complete idiot.
    > >>

    > > For level 70-, pay 157ish PP to a merchant in the guild lobby for a
    > > talisman,
    > > give the talisman to one of the corpse summoners in the guild lobby, and
    > > voila, instant corpse summon to his feet. Get a rez, and be on your way.
    > > No
    > > more CRs ever again. The cost for lower levels is less.
    >
    > Ah-ha. So you have to:
    >
    > A) Have the new expansion, and

    Lol. Yes. However, most of the 'major' convenience features, from bank
    space to, nexus, to pok, to tribute, to soloable tasks (hehehe) etc have
    all been tied to buying an expansion you might not otherwise care about.
    ;)

    The DoN features the guild halls with 'programmable port stones', and
    the lobby (where the corpse summoners reside).

    > B) Be in a guild.

    Actually no. To use the lobby (and corpse summoners) you do not need to
    be tagged.

    Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> writes:
    > >Then some new NPCs showed up in the Outpost in Overthere and in DL,
    > >with rewards for helping the evil side. (Though if you were
    > >careful, a good race could get those rewards also, and there were
    > >no faction hits.)
    >
    > I remember doing that. Had a 65 SK train the area away from the
    > outpost so all the good races can do the quests. The SK didn't live
    > though got summoned-what-summoned-whap etc.

    I first noticed the quests when I zoned into OT on my way somewhere
    else, and heard the NPC emoting. I went over, he conned indiff, and
    I chatted with him and then went and did the FV quest and came back,
    no problem. I just had to watch out for the patrolling golem. Later,
    I tried to do it with another character and got smacked by the guards.
    I thought at first it was a matter of careful positioning, and only
    much later did some kind person point out that all the guards go off
    duty at night, so I just needed to wait for that.

    > "Graeme Faelban" wrote:
    >> "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in

    >>> Ah-ha. So you have to:
    >>>
    >>> A) Have the new expansion, and
    >>>
    >>> B) Be in a guild.
    >>
    >> No, it's in the guild lobby available to all with DoN, not in the
    >> guild hall specific to your guild.
    >
    > Dumb question ... forgot to ask.
    >
    > I assume it's a 0% rez since it's a "corpse summon". Is that a fair
    > statement? Seems like that would be the only way to implement such a
    > thing and keep clerics happy.

    Yes, it's not a rez at all, just a corpse summon.

    --

    Graeme Faelban wrote:
    > "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in
    > > Dumb question ... forgot to ask.
    > >
    > > I assume it's a 0% rez since it's a "corpse summon". Is that a
    fair
    > > statement? Seems like that would be the only way to implement such
    > > thing and keep clerics happy.
    > >

    > Yes, it's not a rez at all, just a corpse summon.

    Ooh! I have a question, then: what's the difference between the Guild
    Lobby corpse summon and Shadow Rests corpse summon?
    --
    Xiphos - I'm guessing one can be rezed, the other can't, but I'm not
    sure.

    Xiphos wrote:
    > Graeme Faelban wrote:
    >
    >>"Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in
    >>
    >>>Dumb question ... forgot to ask.
    >>>
    >>>I assume it's a 0% rez since it's a "corpse summon". Is that a
    >>
    > fair
    >
    >>>statement? Seems like that would be the only way to implement such

    >>>thing and keep clerics happy.
    >>>

    >>Yes, it's not a rez at all, just a corpse summon.
    >

    > Ooh! I have a question, then: what's the difference between the Guild
    > Lobby corpse summon and Shadow Rests corpse summon?

    A guild lobby corpse summon you can do immediately after you die and
    get a rez (as long as it's within the regular time limit.) Shadowrest
    isn't really a corpse summons as much as it's a place where your corpse
    will go after a week instead of poofing into oblivion.

    So, difference is: faster time in which you can retrieve your corpse
    and ability to rez (within limits.)

    Tracey

    In article <1113526767.999664.280570@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    Xiphos <xiphos@rahul.net> wrote:
    >Ooh! I have a question, then: what's the difference between the Guild
    >Lobby corpse summon and Shadow Rests corpse summon?

    About a week.

    "Xiphos" <xiphos@rahul.net> wrote in news:1113526767.999664.280570
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > Graeme Faelban wrote:
    >> "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in
    >> > Dumb question ... forgot to ask.
    >> >
    >> > I assume it's a 0% rez since it's a "corpse summon". Is that a fair
    >> > statement? Seems like that would be the only way to implement such
    >> > a thing and keep clerics happy.
    >> >

    >> Yes, it's not a rez at all, just a corpse summon.
    >
    > Ooh! I have a question, then: what's the difference between the Guild
    > Lobby corpse summon and Shadow Rests corpse summon?

    Shadow rest corpse summon only happens after the corpse has rotted, the
    guild lobby corpse summon can be done anytime, including while a rez is
    still possible, so you get the corpse summoned, then get a cleric to rez
    it for you.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>