Reinstalling Windows Media Player

I currently have Window Media Player 9 installed on my computer. No
matter what I try it will not open up tho.

So, can I just go to the Microsoft website and download Windows Media
Player 9 again? Or do I need to uninstall media player 9 first? When I go
to the install/uninstall program I don't see Windows Media Player 9 listed.
The only thing I see relating to Windows Media Player is something called
"Windows Media Player 7 updates."

How should I go about reinstalling Windows Media Player 9? Keep in mind
the current player will not open.

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about reinstalling windows media player

    Take a look at http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#wmp9rollback, the
    WMP mini-FAQ.
    It has lots of info on uninstall/re-install.

    --
    http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
    "Von Fourche" <monaco6178@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I currently have Window Media Player 9 installed on my computer. No
    > matter what I try it will not open up tho.
    >
    > So, can I just go to the Microsoft website and download Windows Media
    > Player 9 again? Or do I need to uninstall media player 9 first? When I
    go
    > to the install/uninstall program I don't see Windows Media Player 9
    listed.
    > The only thing I see relating to Windows Media Player is something called
    > "Windows Media Player 7 updates."
    >
    > How should I go about reinstalling Windows Media Player 9? Keep in
    mind
    > the current player will not open.
    >
    > Thanks!

Compaq Media Player Computer Microsoft Computers