installing fax program from add/remove programs

Linda

I would like to be able to use the microsoft fax program but when I tried to
add it, I was asked to put in the Windows XP CD which I can not find
anywhere. Do I have any other options other than purchasing a fax machine.
Any help would be appreciated.
--
ludi

I should think a replacement CD would be less expensive than a Fax machine,
however, you DO need the CD to install XP Fax.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to be able to use the microsoft fax program but when I tried
> add it, I was asked to put in the Windows XP CD which I can not find
> anywhere. Do I have any other options other than purchasing a fax
machine.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> --
> ludi

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to be able to use the microsoft fax program but when I
>tried to
> add it, I was asked to put in the Windows XP CD which I can not
> find
> anywhere. Do I have any other options other than purchasing a fax
> machine.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> --
> ludi

If you bought a computer with Windows XP already installed, there
might be a subdirectory called Options\Cabs somewhere on your hard
drive which has all the Windows installation files. If you locate
it, point your Windows Installer to it.

--
Earl F. Parrish