installing fax program from add/remove programs

I would like to be able to use the microsoft fax program but when I tried to
add it, I was asked to put in the Windows XP CD which I can not find
anywhere. Do I have any other options other than purchasing a fax machine.
Any help would be appreciated.
--
ludi
2 answers Last reply

    I should think a replacement CD would be less expensive than a Fax machine,
    however, you DO need the CD to install XP Fax.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

    "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to be able to use the microsoft fax program but when I tried
    > add it, I was asked to put in the Windows XP CD which I can not find
    > anywhere. Do I have any other options other than purchasing a fax
    machine.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > --
    > ludi

    "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to be able to use the microsoft fax program but when I
    >tried to
    > add it, I was asked to put in the Windows XP CD which I can not
    > find
    > anywhere. Do I have any other options other than purchasing a fax
    > machine.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > --
    > ludi

    If you bought a computer with Windows XP already installed, there
    might be a subdirectory called Options\Cabs somewhere on your hard
    drive which has all the Windows installation files. If you locate
    it, point your Windows Installer to it.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

Fax Microsoft Windows XP