PC Shuts Down While Playing Battlefield 3

Primitus

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Just recently I've been having the problem that my computer shuts down while playing Battlefield 3.
This only when playing Battlefield 3. Games like Starcraft 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, and Counter Strike: GO (beta) run fine.

I've looked over the system requirements for Battlefield 3, and my PC should be able to run the game.
I've also updated all my drivers and updated my bios. I was beginning to think that overheating may have been the problem, but CPU temperatures were at around 50-55C when playing Battlefield.

System Specs:

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
Asus M4N68T-M V2
AMD Radeon HD 6750 1GB
8 GB RAM
600W PSU
Windows 7 Home Premium

Primitus

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
The previous system shutdown at 12:13:57 AM on ‎7/‎2/‎2012 was unexpected.
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

That was all I could find on the time that it crashed.

I think it may be my PSU. Is there a way for me to check and be completely sure that it's my PSU?

G

swap out your psu with another one and test diablo and see if it works, if it does then yeah it would be your psu

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
im thinking you have to much of an agressive Over clock on your system bf3 will tax all 4 cores 100 percent if you let it especially on multi player so id say check your cpu temps make sure that you have temp warning set under the bios .. 600watt psu should be more then enough ...

also when you open origin left click the battle field game tile and click on the repair install button .. i have to say even on my system that game crashes and it iritates me to no end.. but usually runs better less graphical errors once i do a repair install ..

also check to make sure your running catalyst 12.6

godzilowicz

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
DUDE!!!! UNINSTALL AND FORGET THAT F$%^ING GAME,IT'S THE WORST EVER. YOU WILL NEVER GET IT TO CONSISTENTLY RUN RIGHT, AND WHEN YOU DO THEY'LL ISSUE A PATCH AND IT'LL SCREW EVERYTHING UP THAT YOU JUST SPENT TIME ON TWEAKING TO GET IT TO WORK THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO IN THE FIRST PLACE! IT WANTS YOU TO PLAY IT, THEN YOU GET HOOKED AND THEN IT STOPS WORKING AGAIN! WOOOORRRST PC GAMING EXPERIENCE EEEEVVVEEERRRR!

stfu

Primitus

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
I switched out my PSU to a (CX600) and tested Battlefield once again. I really don't understand what the problem could be, because both my cpu and gpu temperatures don't rise over 61C.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012

RAAAAAGE RAWR

H4rry

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Maybe try disabling some windows features or changing your antivirus and try again? I had some major problems with bf3 then I started using realmware's bf3 borderless which disables aero in windows and bf3 has been running fine ever since. Also what antivirus are you using as a friend had crashes when running Kaspersky along with bf3.

c3llz

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
This has helped me a lot to understand why i crashed this morning to system no power, Since then have done a full re install of window's and not yet updated it, A few of the updates have been making my CPU over work and it's the newest 8 core 4.0 AMD, Had to remove the faulty water cooler and send it back as well, and was using the stock heat sink, It's the first time I've crashed while using a stock heat sink,

Will post a reply about if it's working now but won't know for at least for another hour,