How to setup FTP with Sygate Personal Firewall Pro V5.5

Last response: in Networking
April 7, 2004 8:50:35 PM

Hi all

I've just started using Sygate Personal Firewall Pro V5.5 and I am
running a FTP server. What do I need to setup in the 'Advanced Rules'
to enable users on the Internet to upload and download files from my
FTP server? I've tried various ports but everyone seems to be blocked
by the firewall. I am after a secure solution.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
--
To reply, take NOSPAM out of my email address.
kirkzeusNOSPAM@hotmail.com

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

--
To reply, take NOSPAM out of my email address.
kirkzeusNOSPAM@hotmail.com
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 1:36:30 PM

kirkzeusNOSPAM@hotmail.com wrote in

> Can anyone please help?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:50:35 +1200, kirkzeusNOSPAM@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>Hi all
>>
>>I've just started using Sygate Personal Firewall Pro V5.5 and I am
>>running a FTP server. What do I need to setup in the 'Advanced Rules'
>>to enable users on the Internet to upload and download files from my
>>FTP server? I've tried various ports but everyone seems to be blocked
>>by the firewall. I am after a secure solution.
>>
>>Any help much appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks

What kind of FTP server are you talking IIS or what?

And secondly, are you behind a router?

Duane :)
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 1:36:31 PM

<kirkzeusNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I am using Serv-U V5.0 as my FTP server. Both this and Sygate are on a
> standalone PC.

Then surly there are instructions in the Sygate manual that tells one how to
allow inbound traffic on port 21 and open the FTP port on the FW.

You even bother to *harden* whatever O/S this is running on to attack
before opening the port to the public Internet?

Duane :)
!