Disconnecting from internet when printing

a b α HP
September 17, 2004 6:34:44 AM

Can anyone tell me why my modem disconnects from the
internet whenever I print an email or web page from the
internet. Most frustrating sometimes. I am running a HP
a220a computer 2.6 Mhz CPU, 256 Mb ram. Printer is Epson
Color 400 and sometimes a HP 5L which also has the same
problem. The modem appears to have no conflicts with any
hardware.
Anonymous
a b α HP
February 1, 2005 1:29:01 AM

"Louis Noel" wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why my modem disconnects from the
> internet whenever I print an email or web page from the
> internet. Most frustrating sometimes. I am running a HP
> a220a computer 2.6 Mhz CPU, 256 Mb ram. Printer is Epson
> Color 400 and sometimes a HP 5L which also has the same
> problem. The modem appears to have no conflicts with any
> hardware.

Anonymous
a b α HP
February 1, 2005 1:35:05 AM

I think I did the first reply wrong, Im new at this. Anyway I wanted to know
if you ever solved this problem? I'm haveing the same one.

"Louis Noel" wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why my modem disconnects from the
> internet whenever I print an email or web page from the
> internet. Most frustrating sometimes. I am running a HP
> a220a computer 2.6 Mhz CPU, 256 Mb ram. Printer is Epson
> Color 400 and sometimes a HP 5L which also has the same
> problem. The modem appears to have no conflicts with any
> hardware.

a b α HP
February 1, 2005 11:58:18 PM

USB modem?

www.coribright.com

"Kentkay" <Kentkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think I did the first reply wrong, Im new at this. Anyway I wanted to
>know
> if you ever solved this problem? I'm haveing the same one.
>
> "Louis Noel" wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me why my modem disconnects from the
>> internet whenever I print an email or web page from the
>> internet. Most frustrating sometimes. I am running a HP
>> a220a computer 2.6 Mhz CPU, 256 Mb ram. Printer is Epson
>> Color 400 and sometimes a HP 5L which also has the same
>> problem. The modem appears to have no conflicts with any
>> hardware.

Anonymous
a b α HP
February 2, 2005 7:07:02 PM

No - But I seem to have solved the problem by turning off MS SP-2 firewalls
and turning on Norton Antivirus 2005 firewalls ( which are easier to
configure).
Thanks

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> USB modem?

> www.coribright.com
>
> "Kentkay" <Kentkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I think I did the first reply wrong, Im new at this. Anyway I wanted to
> >know
> > if you ever solved this problem? I'm haveing the same one.
> >
> > "Louis Noel" wrote:
> >
> >> Can anyone tell me why my modem disconnects from the
> >> internet whenever I print an email or web page from the
> >> internet. Most frustrating sometimes. I am running a HP
> >> a220a computer 2.6 Mhz CPU, 256 Mb ram. Printer is Epson
> >> Color 400 and sometimes a HP 5L which also has the same
> >> problem. The modem appears to have no conflicts with any
> >> hardware.

Anonymous
a b α HP
February 2, 2005 11:46:06 PM

Personally I would not have any Symantec product within 100 yards of ANY of
my PCs, but if you're happy!

!