Golden Orb

G

If I plan to use golden orb by thermaltake, amd i supposed to attach another heatsink or golden orb provide the heat sink?if golden orb has a heatsink, it looks so small compared to others..
how about thermal compound, must i still put it on the die of the processor or golden orb will help?
help thanks!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have news for you! About a year ago the rest of us fugured out that the orb was garbage! Should have went for the inexpensive Evercool ND-8 at Nexfan.com for your Slotket settup.
But your welcome to ty the Orb. No garuntees that it will provide adequate performance.

Back to you Tom...

FatBurger

Illustrious
Isn't the Golden Orb the P4 one? If so, it actually does quite a good job. Did the best at keeping under a specified temperature after the fan died, in a review I saw.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

charliec2uk

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
I think the P4 version is called the Indigo Orb (?!) Random shade of purple or what?

Charlie

Did you know there never was there ever a cat so clever as magical Mr. Mistoffeles?