network printing from windowx xp sp2 clients

Since the installation of window xp sp2, when you print to a network printer
you get a dialog box appear in the bottom right hand corner telling you about
the print job.

Can this be disabled?
7 answers Last reply
More about network printing windowx clients

    Right click in the lower right area near the clock, and
    in the dialog box that appears pick Customize
    Notifications. Change the behavior of "0 documents
    pending..." to always hide.

    tnx very much

    "weeg" wrote:

    > Right click in the lower right area near the clock, and
    > in the dialog box that appears pick Customize
    > Notifications. Change the behavior of "0 documents
    > pending..." to always hide.

    Ditto, that thing was a pain!

    I just got a laptop and have been trying to network my printer on my desktop
    so that I can print wirelessly from my laptop. I can not get the system to
    see the printer and have allowed it on both computers to be shared but there
    is something not set right. Do you have any suggestions as to what I need to
    do to get this working? please email me at missyb1269@yahoo.com, I have been
    trying to do this all week!

    missyb1269 wrote:
    > *I just got a laptop and have been trying to network my printer on my
    > desktop
    > so that I can print wirelessly from my laptop. I can not get the
    > system to
    > see the printer and have allowed it on both computers to be shared
    > but there
    > is something not set right. Do you have any suggestions as to what I
    > need to
    > do to get this working? please email me at missyb1269@yahoo.com, I
    > have been
    > trying to do this all week! *

    Maybe a problem of firewall setting. Are all other shares visible?

    --
    ssandig

    See Ron Pacciano's article at
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/qa/qa20030619.shtml
    www.coribright.com

    "missyb1269" <missyb1269@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just got a laptop and have been trying to network my printer on my
    >desktop
    > so that I can print wirelessly from my laptop. I can not get the system to
    > see the printer and have allowed it on both computers to be shared but
    > there
    > is something not set right. Do you have any suggestions as to what I need
    > do to get this working? please email me at missyb1269@yahoo.com, I have
    > been
    > trying to do this all week!

    There's one PC where this option is greyed out. Any suggestions?

    Can this be controlled through GPMC? Does it need to be upgraded now that XP
    SP2 has come out?

    "Keith" wrote:

    > Ditto, that thing was a pain!

Windows XP Microsoft Network Printer