no printers listed when manually installing printer...

When I try to install my printer and select the 'Have
Disk' button to manually select the drivers off a cd-rom
the dialog box that appears does not display the list of
manufacturers or the list of printers. It only
says "unable to find any drivers for this device". Can
anybody help?

Reinstall printers if not present. DO NOT INSTALL SP-2.
And hope nothing else was wasted with SP-2. I got
everything back except Fuifilm Digital Camera program!
Waiting for response from Microsoft!

allow any foreign printer to work with it. Remove SP-2
program by deletion. Pick a system restore point before
you installed it and most all will come back or you can
reinstall printers.

Try restarting the spooler service. Navigate to Start Run and
type
net start spooler
in the slot.

Let us know.