EQ2: Changes to mobs

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

You might have noticed SOE have made more changes to make the game more
soloable. I have previously said they should downgrade some heroic mobs
to solo to reflect how the game is played. It just seems they've gone
and changed the wrong ones. In Antonica scarecrows and stag are now
individual. Why? These where some of the more popular groups mobs and
the few people got together to kill. Last night no one was getting
them. They need to downgrade some Gnoll mobs imho. After the ones by
Qeynos there aren't many that are soloable.

It will be interesting to see if anyone bothers with the coven now they
are soloable. They were totally ignored before.

Anybody spotted any other mobs that have changed?
12 answers Last reply
More about mobs
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

    I think a few weeks ago they added a new set of solo gnolls to the East
    of the Lighthouse. Stick to the edge of the cliff and work you way past
    the gnoll camp and then in the fields before the next gnoll camp there
    are now roaming solo gnolls.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

    Imho they only have to make soloable those mobs people need for their
    quests. Let groups work for exp and killing the named mobs and for
    uber loot and uber instances, but let people work on their quests by
    themselves.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

    "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
    > You might have noticed SOE have made more changes to make the game more
    > soloable. I have previously said they should downgrade some heroic mobs
    > to solo to reflect how the game is played. It just seems they've gone
    > and changed the wrong ones. In Antonica scarecrows and stag are now
    > individual. Why? These where some of the more popular groups mobs and
    > the few people got together to kill. Last night no one was getting
    > them. They need to downgrade some Gnoll mobs imho. After the ones by
    > Qeynos there aren't many that are soloable.

    Most importantly, downgrade the Stormhold mobs ;p I'm lvl 20 and almsot
    nothing in there is soloable.

    > It will be interesting to see if anyone bothers with the coven now they
    > are soloable. They were totally ignored before.
    >
    > Anybody spotted any other mobs that have changed?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

    "Zygondi" <jcarcutt@gmail.com> wrote in news:1113399026.245434.78020
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > I think a few weeks ago they added a new set of solo gnolls to the East
    > of the Lighthouse. Stick to the edge of the cliff and work you way past
    > the gnoll camp and then in the fields before the next gnoll camp there
    > are now roaming solo gnolls.

    There have been roaming solo gnolls in various parts of Antonica for as
    long as I have wandered there. They were lacking in solo ones in
    Thundering Steppes however, but plenty of other solo designated encounters
    in there, not to mention many soloable group encounter gnolls.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
    Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

    >Imho they only have to make soloable those mobs people need for their
    >quests. Let groups work for exp and killing the named mobs and for
    >uber loot and uber instances, but let people work on their quests by
    >themselves.

    That statement is contradictory though. I got a quest for kill some
    epic mobs in Stormlord, so going by you first sentence they should be
    soloable (since I need them for a quest) but the second sentence says
    they shouldn't!! I do agree named mobs should be much harder to kill
    but not possible to solo when they are green. Like most heroic mobs are
    now. I've soloed a few named mobs while they are green.

    I've heard SOE want outdoor areas to be for solo or duos and indoors
    for groups. Sounds good to me as there is a clear line. You know in
    advance any quest in Stromlord is aimed at groups and anything in
    Antoinca is for solo players.

    Wondering around Thunderring Stepps last night it would seem most mobs
    are now solo. I previously stated I disliked that place because it was
    a too bigger a step up from Antonica and hard to solo. Now, I think
    it's a great place! Not like my first experience of it where there
    were a few mobs I could solo and loads of heroic mobs. You had to group
    and more so needed a perfect group (ie tank, healer and 4 DPS). Now you
    can solo most things. And if you do group you don't need a prefect
    group to do so.

    Mentoring is also a good idea. Allows you to play with lower level
    friends but also to do content you otherwise missed.

    The game is far better for all these changes. Before hand once to hit
    20 you had no option but to group now you can do both. Group still
    gives more exp and allows you to kill mobs sooner. But it's no longer
    mandatory, which is a much much better (and the fact you don't need a
    perfect group makes it better still!)
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

    I meant more in the normal style of quests (bring me 20 gnoll pelts, 5
    centaur hoofs, etc), these should be obtainable from soloable mobs.
    There are (or were when I left) no soloable gnolls or centaurs or rock
    heaps or giants in TS yet many quests asked for them, which eventually
    lead me to just delete those quests.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

    >There has been a soloable giant in TS for some time now, same time
    they
    >added the enraged bears. Yes, it is just the one, which is a pain,
    but I
    >completed a couple quests using him. I soloed numerous gnolls in TS
    while
    >they were green and low blue, all after the changes to make groups of
    mobs
    >harder to solo. I have also soloed numerous centaurs, all designated
    group
    >encounters, while they were blue/green.

    Well last night every gnoll and centaur I saw was marked as an
    individual encounter. All the Griffons, scarecrows, lions and undead I
    saw were also now an individual encounter. That's not to say there were
    alone, since you had groups of 3 gnolls what were marked as a
    individual encounter.

    Not sure about the giants and gnolls beyond them. Although I tend to
    find out tonight. Anywhere indoors is untouched.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

    wish it was like this when I played.
    Still, all access quests still require you to have a full group right?
    like access quests to Zek, EL, etc. That's what eventually made me
    quit.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

    "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1113484487.921459.38920
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > I meant more in the normal style of quests (bring me 20 gnoll pelts, 5
    > centaur hoofs, etc), these should be obtainable from soloable mobs.
    > There are (or were when I left) no soloable gnolls or centaurs or rock
    > heaps or giants in TS yet many quests asked for them, which eventually
    > lead me to just delete those quests.

    Don't know when you left, but...

    There has been a soloable giant in TS for some time now, same time they
    added the enraged bears. Yes, it is just the one, which is a pain, but I
    completed a couple quests using him. I soloed numerous gnolls in TS while
    they were green and low blue, all after the changes to make groups of mobs
    harder to solo. I have also soloed numerous centaurs, all designated group
    encounters, while they were blue/green.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
    Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

    BombayMix wrote:
    >>There has been a soloable giant in TS for some time now, same time
    >
    > they
    >
    >>added the enraged bears. Yes, it is just the one, which is a pain,
    >
    > but I
    >
    >>completed a couple quests using him. I soloed numerous gnolls in TS
    >
    > while
    >
    >>they were green and low blue, all after the changes to make groups of
    >
    > mobs
    >
    >>harder to solo. I have also soloed numerous centaurs, all designated
    >
    > group
    >
    >>encounters, while they were blue/green.
    >

    > Well last night every gnoll and centaur I saw was marked as an
    > individual encounter. All the Griffons, scarecrows, lions and undead I
    > saw were also now an individual encounter. That's not to say there were
    > alone, since you had groups of 3 gnolls what were marked as a
    > individual encounter.
    >
    > Not sure about the giants and gnolls beyond them. Although I tend to
    > find out tonight. Anywhere indoors is untouched.

    I saw the same thing. However, I thought that they had accidentally
    taken the "Heroic" designation away. Everything was easier to kill, but
    I still didn't trust going after a group of 5 mobs that conned white.

    --
    - Barry as Aslanar on Ogguk
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

    "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1113503598.552252.154030
    @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

    > wish it was like this when I played.
    > Still, all access quests still require you to have a full group right?
    > like access quests to Zek, EL, etc. That's what eventually made me
    > quit.

    It was like this when you played, with the exception of the soloable giant.
    In fact, the group encounters that I soloed were actually easier. The
    access quests have not changed, but, as it was when you played, you do not
    have to do the access quests for Zek, EL, and a few others, you just have
    to level to the minimum level required, then you automatically gain access.

    Quoting really helps btw...

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
    Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

    >I saw the same thing. However, I thought that they had accidentally
    >taken the "Heroic" designation away. Everything was easier to kill,
    but
    >I still didn't trust going after a group of 5 mobs that conned white.

    It's not an accident it you read the patch notes you would of seen
    these are changes to 'downgrade zones' people were talking about. They
    are trying it out on the live servers to see what people think.

    And you are right to be weary of a group of 5 white gnolls. I've found
    3 blue-- just doable, 2 white touch, anymore and you'll get one quick
    death. Although I did manage 3 yellow-- sirens. Four well and truly
    beat me though!

    Just for the record gaint scots are solo encounters all other giants,
    gnolls and undead in that area are still heroic. The undead near the
    Tomb Of Varsoon are now solo too.

Downgrade Games Video Games