duron 700 oc

G

can anyone help me oc my Duron 700? on an ECS K7S5A, 128MB Samsung PC2100.

peace outz!!!

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
go by the manual, get better cooling, reduce the multiplier by say 1, increase the FSB step by step and increase the core voltage a tad if your rig crashes on your next step. when you reach the peak of FSB now try increasing the multiplier.

and keep us posted.

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

G

hey, before i go i need to buy a decent HSF first! y'all recommend any good cheap combo? il accept those noisy ones as long as they can do the job!

btw, do i need to apply thermal compound for my setup?

peace outz!!!

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
a good cooler is must when you are overclocking, it virtually decides the limit of your overclock.

a better cooler will yeild better overclock. Swiftech ones and OCz Gladiator are good ones. Maybe other people will recommend a few more.

still, you can do with the cooler you have, you would get the idea, that there is still some potential when a better one arrives!

G

if you find those are a little bit expensive, i recommend Globalwin WBK 38 or CAK 38 i think.. should be quite good..and quite alright price.. for a Duron it's enough

munkey

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
well, i've had pretty good results with the 6cu, slower fan, on a duron 850 oc'ed 1053 (8.5*124). so the 6cu+ should work fine for what your doing

<A HREF="http://www.textfiles.com/100/actung.hum" target="_new">Relaxen und watch das blinkenlights...</A>

G

yea it's good...those epensive ones are used on TBIRD/XP
for duron or celly a medium one will be enuf

G

http://g2x.gq.nu/bin/durons.jpg

as you can see above: Duron 700 (left) and 800 (right)

well.. to OC my 700, i need to remove the warranty sticker, however will this affect the bridging method using a pencil? because when we remove the sticker, there will still be some sticky adhesive in the cpu itself..

and a question, are their any differences between the 2 CPUs? i find the 700 darker pga, and a greenish center die (or whatever u call that), and it has this numerical writing in the lower left side opposing the Duron 800...

peace outz!!!

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well, you dont need to remove the sticker, the bridges you need to work on are on the right hand side, those marked as <b>L1</b> the ones that are covered by the sticker are the <b>L7</b> bridges that are used to set the core voltage, but those can be set on the motherboard anyway.

girish

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
BTW the artwork you will do on your CPU will void its warranty anyway. Dont be afraid to remove the warranty sticker if you want to see the L7 bridges! ;-)