[EQ2] The Eye of Power loses Power ...

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

I've been meaning for some time to complete some of the four remaining
Heritage quests in my journal in order to attain the title "Relic Keeper", a
prestige title available to those who've completed 20 or more of the 22
possible Heritage quests. Heritage quests are long, involved quests of an
epic nature with huge Status Point payouts and amazing rewards. My Screaming
Mace has jaw-dropping stats to begin with, but its proc is a lifesaver,
pumping me up in Max power and additional power everytime it procs Terror
Yaulp. I have 18 Heritage under my belt (a Flowing Black Silk Sash, btw,
another Heritage), so I looked over the list of four and decided that I'd
take on the Eye of Power next. The reward is Tobrin's Mystical Eyepatch, an
impressive caster headpiece yielding +11 INT, +11 WIS and 50 power, among
other wonderful things. Getting some of these for our casters would be a big
win for the guild. I decided I would work on mine and write up a quest
walkthrough for the guild and organize more expeditions to get everyone
equipped.

The quest begins in Everfrost by visiting the NPC Master T'Lys, who explains
that his wand has been shattered into four crystal shards. After some
dialog, you can offer to help piece together his wand in exchange for some
information about the mysterious eyepatch of interest. He agrees to the
exchange and gives the quest. The first step is to recover four crystal
shards laying about *somewhere* across the great expanse of snow and tundra
that is Everfrost. No more information than that is available. I had
previously spoken with the Master to obtain the quest and had accidentally
found one of the shards, the blue one. It was a ground spawn, small and
hardly noticable against the snow, but upon harvesting it I received the
message that I'd obtained the blue shard (1/4). So I knew that I had to find
three more in this manner. I set about methodically in search of shards that
could be *anywhere* in this huge zone.

One of the benefits of being a dwarf is Ultravision, a vision-enhancement I
don't use often, but when I need it, it's a boon. I've noticed that by
turning on Ultravision in Everfrost, the effect is like taking a negative
snapshot of the scenery where the snow winds up a dark kind of brown, and --
here's the kicker -- harvestable objects lying on the ground stand out
distinctly. With my Ultravision on, I saddled up my horse and began a long
and systematic search across all of Everfrost in search of Master T'Lys's
shards. I learned that most of the posted information on this quest (little
as it is) is just wrong. There are no static spawn points, the shards simply
materialize at random locations at random times and you either get lucky or
you don't. I did learn, however, that the blue, red and white shards drop
freely and randomly across the leopards/stag area and the behemoth/minotaur
area, while the green shard appears to drop only in the tundra terror area.
But eventually I obtained all four shards and was able to provide Master
T'Lys with the evidence he needed of my resourcefulness in proceeding on the
quest.

The Master then requested that I obtain pieces of a Talisman that had been
distributed among the three tribes of Everfrost. The three Talisman pieces
were in the possession of the tribal leaders of three clans: The Frosthorn,
the Icegill and the Numbfoot tribes. We decided to hit the Numbfoots first,
since we knew his area the best.

I'm not a big fan of camping rare spawns (I hate it!) but a good camp can be
exhilirating when successful and provide a sense of accomplishment that
doesn't come as readily from walking up to a triggered spawn and offing it.
So I set in for the night expecting a long camp, and hoping to see the
rewards flow.

The Numbfoots are a bunch of hunters that hang around the big World Root
Tree near the spider cave in Everfrost. It's a very dangerous location to
hunt because of the beautiful and deadly winged stag, "Seraph of the Stags"
a L51 Epic 2x who occasionally spawns near the tree and flies around
*rapidly*, killing anyone in the area. During our hunt for Chieftain
Iceburn, we lost several members to the Stag, who fortunately depops after
about 30 minutes, when you can relax and fight the next cycle until the
Seraph pops again and everyone evacuates. She seems to pop a few hours
apart, so it's generally only an issue once or twice in a long camp.

In order to optimize our chances of hitting both the Cheiftain and Bloodrage
(the Frosthorn chief) we decided we would split into two teams and leave a
tank and healer on each side to kill PH groups and then consolidate upon the
pop of a named boss. I stayed with Tronco, a L50 guild Paladin, while the
others headed over to the mino area to hunt for Bloodrage. Tronco and I felt
pretty well equipped to handle the PH groups, which consisted of two groups
of 2-4 L47 Heroic mobs. As long as we could manage the many adds in the area
we would be ok, and in fact we managed fine in this fashion, plowing through
a number of groups. And then our luck ran out.

We were engaged with a large group of four and had maneuvered over a little
too far to the spawn point of the 2nd group in order to avoid some roaming
leopards. We knew the timing was close but decided that we would maneuver
back once the leopards pathed back out of the way. Well, they didn't. They
sat by and watched, probably enjoying smugly their hold over our "safe
spot". The 2nd PH group popped and went aggro on us. It looked pretty grim
and Tronco did yeoman service holding aggro and keeping me free to debuff
and heal. As a Paladin, he was able to heal himself as well, but this of
course used up precious power that reduced not only his ability to do damage
and thereby eliminate the threat, but more importantly, his ability to taunt
the angry mobs off my fragile, priestly ass.

Power is my life. As long as I have power I've got fuel for my debuffs, my
slows, my DoTs, my heals and my buffs. When I run out of power I'm useless,
a flogging wimp with a stick. So I have many aids to ensure additional
power. I've got one-shot Potions of Power that I've obtained from Bloodlines
quests; a Manastone that acts as a mini-cannibalize, granting me an infinite
supply of long-recast power bursts in exchange for a small donation of HPs,
and of course my Screaming Mace with its treasured Terror Yaulp proc,
providing free power when it procs. Additionally, I have some tools that
come in handy for emergencies, including several no-cost, long-timer
emergency wards and one very interesting spell called Eidolic Savior. Savior
looks amazing. The description suggests that you cast it on someone who is
about to die and it lasts for 30 seconds. If they actually die within that
30 seconds, they are revived back to life with a power regen. Incredible
stuff but I'd never used it and frankly had no idea how effective it might
be.

Armed with these tools we fought on and on, but it was looking pretty grim.
Even though we'd reduced the numbers to four, Tronco got down to OOP and I
was hovering around 5-10% power, with occasional boosts of power from my
mace proc and this kept Tronco alive and plugging away. We got down to three
mobs. Unfortunately, this didn't sit very well with the three and Tronco had
no means to taunt them off of me. I became their prime target.

I'm pretty tough and can take a beating, but a group of three L47 Heroics is
a bit much and my health looked like a bad week on Wall Street, yo-yo'ing up
and down, but mostly down and I was forced to blow every emergency ward,
aggro-reducer and heal at my disposal. In the middle of the fight I hauled
out my 5-charge Scepter of Healing and Scepter of Shielding and applied
long-recast heals and wards on the group. I tapped deep and pulled out
everything in my bag of tricks, but it was hopeless, I was going down. I was
going to die and Tronco was down to 10% hp. So I cast Savior on myself and
waited to see what would happen.

I died. I lay there on the ground for a few moments wondering what effect if
any the Savior would have but there was nothing, just that big ugly box
offering me the chance to Revive a million miles away and the sound of
Tronco taking his final beating of the night. It was over and Savior either
didn't do squat or I'd bungled its application. And then it happened. I came
back to life and found myself standing next to Tronco with a full supply of
HP and a power regen. WOOHOO! I set up my buffs, warded Tronco, healed him,
and started to get back into my routine. I Slowed Tronco's target (50% with
a self-root) and applied other debuffs.

Slow in EQ2 is very nice. Unlike EQ1, it does more than just slow attack
rate. It also debuffs two of the primary meleeing skills that enhance a
mob's ability to land hits. So a good Slow is a real debuff, slowing down
the attack rate and basically neutralizing their to-hit value at the same
time, creating a very appreciable effect on mob dps. With slowed mobs and
rejuvenated health and power (and a few more Terror Yaulp procs) we turned
the tide of battle in our favor and eventually dropped ALL of them. We
pulled it off, Woohoo! Tronco and I stood there, looking at each other with
a mixture of astonishment (none of us had ever seen a self-rezzing healer
before) and joy. And oh yeah, exhaustion, it had been a long fight. In the
back of my mind I vaguely registered the sound of a system announcement that
servers would be coming down in an hour for routine maintenance and I
thought, this was not a bad night.

By this time we'd concluded that we would be better off consolidating back
to one team and taking the camps consecutively. We stayed another hour or so
and gained much loot and experience for the team during this time, but
eventually fatigue set in and the hunt for the elusive Cheiftain lost steam.
Players logged for the night and the group dwindled down to three of us: a
50 Monk, a 44 Mystic, and myself (50 Mystic). We killed a few groups of PHs
and did some random resource harvesting while waiting but eventually one of
us said "Last pop for me" and we knew the night was just about over. The
Cheiftain would be dealt with another night.

I was harvesting a rock when I saw "pop" in chat and looked up to see the
two engaged with a PH group of 3. I ran over to help and a single pop
materialized on me and so I dragged it back to the group. We fought the four
and handled it ok, but it was close and we realized that we were pushing our
limits here with these groups and we wondered aloud if we would have been
able to handle the boss if he'd spawned anyway. Rationalizations can be
comforting at a time like this when you want to put a good face on giving
up. This we happily did and as I scanned the area for potentials adds that
might complicate this final battle, I saw in the background, standing
against the World Root Tree, Chiefain Iceburn and his entourage.

Many WOOTs ensued, followed quickly by gulps and scans of the guild tool to
see who was still on at this late, late hour. We would be on our own. No
more justifications, no more rationalizations, no more excuses: showtime.

We powered up, we discussed tactics, and we positioned ourselves for the
fight. The Cheiftain is a L47 Heroic ^^^ boss who melees and spawns with a
group of L47 hunters. My role was to keep Iceburn fully debuffed while our
2nd Mystic healed and warded the tank who would wail on the small mobs first
and soak up all the named damage. To our pleasant surprise, this strategy
worked fine and there were shouts of "Pfft, wimp" as we realized that the
Cheiftain wasn't such a badass after all. We were owning him easily and as
his health dropped to 50%, 40%, 30%, 20% we knew we would be victorious and
would soon be celebrating our first victory in the recovery of the Talisman
pieces. Visions of the Eyepatch floated through our minds, and the Cheiftain
got down to 10% health.

Then all our screens went black as the servers came down for the night for
routine scheduled maintenance.

The sound of a thousand screams of anguish echoed across the hostile tundra
of Everfrost as Veritas was deprived of its victory against the fortunate
Chieftain Iceburn. After a glorious and valiant struggle, to have had this
snatched out of our hands at the last minute was bad enough, but to not even
be able to commiserate, stuck all alone, each of us, in the blackness of a
downed server, was just insufferable. Ugh.

We'll be back for the Chieftain and his clan, and we'll avenge the many
deaths that marked this night. Painful as it was at the end, it was a night
full of ups and downs, loot and adventure, challenges, and successes. And
that, after all, is why we play, eh?

--
Redbeard, still the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
20 answers Last reply
More about power loses power
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in

    > I died. I lay there on the ground for a few moments wondering what
    > effect if any the Savior would have but there was nothing, just that
    > big ugly box offering me the chance to Revive a million miles away and
    > the sound of Tronco taking his final beating of the night. It was over
    > and Savior either didn't do squat or I'd bungled its application. And
    > then it happened. I came back to life and found myself standing next
    > to Tronco with a full supply of HP and a power regen. WOOHOO! I set up
    > my buffs, warded Tronco, healed him, and started to get back into my
    > routine. I Slowed Tronco's target (50% with a self-root) and applied
    > other debuffs.

    What is the cost for casting Savior? I assume its expensive?

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > What is the cost for casting Savior? I assume its expensive?

    Savior has no power cost and casts instantly, but is only castable every 900
    seconds (15 minutes). And I was wrong about the 30 seconds, it's 60 seconds
    duration and it's not guaranteed to go off. The App IV version has a 40%
    chance to go off when cast. I upgraded tonight to Adept 1, which has a 50%
    chance. I understand the Adept III version has a 60% chance.

    --
    Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
    <Veritas>
    Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
    Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
    Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
    http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Great story.

    The Seraph isn't really that bad. We beat him down with just seven...
    I think it was a pally tanking and two healers. The rest were casters
    and I think one melee DPS.

    The Icegill is the worst camp. That one seemed to take forever.

    Good luck with the rest of the Eyepatch.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    scritchy wrote:
    > The Seraph isn't really that bad. We beat him down with just
    seven...
    > I think it was a pally tanking and two healers. The rest were
    casters
    > and I think one melee DPS.

    I was wrong, it was an SK. We finally got our first pally last night,
    so thinking about how to fit him in our strategies has caused pally on
    the brain.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    >> What is the cost for casting Savior? I assume its expensive?
    >
    > Savior has no power cost and casts instantly, but is only castable
    > every 900 seconds (15 minutes). And I was wrong about the 30 seconds,
    > it's 60 seconds duration and it's not guaranteed to go off. The App IV
    > version has a 40% chance to go off when cast. I upgraded tonight to
    > Adept 1, which has a 50% chance. I understand the Adept III version
    > has a 60% chance.

    Ok that makes sense, it's not a sure thing and you can do it once per
    fight basically. Still, a pretty impressive spell, especially since it
    gives you your mana back.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    > "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in
    >
    >>> What is the cost for casting Savior? I assume its expensive?
    >>
    >> Savior has no power cost and casts instantly, but is only castable
    >> every 900 seconds (15 minutes). And I was wrong about the 30 seconds,
    >> it's 60 seconds duration and it's not guaranteed to go off. The App IV
    >> version has a 40% chance to go off when cast. I upgraded tonight to
    >> Adept 1, which has a 50% chance. I understand the Adept III version
    >> has a 60% chance.
    >
    > Ok that makes sense, it's not a sure thing and you can do it once per
    > fight basically. Still, a pretty impressive spell, especially since it
    > gives you your mana back.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
    > Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Ok that makes sense, it's not a sure thing and you can do it once per
    > fight basically. Still, a pretty impressive spell, especially since it
    > gives you your mana back.

    Yeah this spell is literally a lifesaver and seems well-balanced. I've
    clicked it maybe 4 or 5 times since I've had it, and actually had it go off
    only this one time. I will upgrade it to Adept III at some point.

    By the way, I exited that other thread after the first responses started
    coming in from the usual gang of idiots, but I meant to answer your question
    somewhere. My /played time when I hit 50 was around 60 days (I didn't check
    till later). The /played statistic here has the same flaws that it had in
    EQ1, namely that there's a lot of time spent online not playing (e.g.,
    merchant mode) that goes into the /played value. My guess would be around
    30-40 days of actual play time driving my character. A pretty regular
    weekday evening schedule and some intense weekend drives. The pace won't be
    sustainable for a long time (they never are for me, which is why I rarely
    stay for any MMO after the first few months) but that's usually my style -
    big bursts of intensity followed by a gradual decline and then I move on.
    The only MMO I've ever come back to after such a departure was the original
    EQ, although EQ2 will probably break my record for initial involvement.
    Going on six months now, with no end in sight.

    --
    Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
    <Veritas>
    Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
    Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
    Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
    http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

> [...]
    >pieces. Visions of the Eyepatch floated through our minds, and the Cheiftain
    >got down to 10% health.
    >
    >Then all our screens went black as the servers came down for the night for
    >routine scheduled maintenance.
    >
    >The sound of a thousand screams of anguish echoed across the hostile tundra
    >of Everfrost as Veritas was deprived of its victory against the fortunate
    >Chieftain Iceburn. After a glorious and valiant struggle, to have had this
    >snatched out of our hands at the last minute was bad enough, but to not even
    >be able to commiserate, stuck all alone, each of us, in the blackness of a
    >downed server, was just insufferable. Ugh.
    >
    >We'll be back for the Chieftain and his clan, and we'll avenge the many
    >deaths that marked this night. Painful as it was at the end, it was a night
    >full of ups and downs, loot and adventure, challenges, and successes. And

    If you were transported to a real fantasy world you would be such a
    prick.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in

    > If you were transported to a real fantasy world you would be such a
    > prick.

    You'd last about 2 minutes, about as long as it took you to insult the
    first random person you encountered and ended up with a dirk in the gut.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:40:01 +0800, Bateau wrote:

    <snip>
    > If you were transported to a real fantasy world you would be such a
    > prick.
    As opposed to you being a prick in *both* worlds. Right?

    --
    RJB
    4/15/2005 9:09:19 AM

    "The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul
    up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."
    -Porterfield
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in

    > "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote:
    <snip Bob's great story>

    > If you were transported to a real fantasy world you would be such a
    > prick.

    And you had to quote the entire story in order to add this pearl of wisdom?

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
    Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Bateau> If you were transported to a real fantasy world you would be
    Bateau> such a prick.

    Whereas no such transportation is required in your case.

    Regards, Hartmut "natural" Schmider

    --
    Hartmut Schmider, Queen's University

    We are capable of sacrificing ourselves for sentiment.
    Sentimentality exacts the sacrifice of others.
    Yoritomo-Tashi
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    RJB <robartle@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in

    > On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:40:01 +0800, Bateau wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >> If you were transported to a real fantasy world you would be such a
    >> prick.
    > As opposed to you being a prick in *both* worlds. Right?

    Ha! Perfect. :)

    --
    Rumble
    -- Benjamin Franklin

    Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in

    > If you were transported to a real fantasy world you would be such a
    > prick.

    Hey, thanks for quoting the entire story to add that little bit of...I'm
    not sure what that is exactly. I've heard that if it looks like poo and
    smells like poo, then it must be poo.

    Perhaps you could just enlighten us as to how Bob was being a prick?

    Nevermind. I won't see it from my killfile, anyway.

    --
    Rumble
    -- Benjamin Franklin

    "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> once tried to
    test me with:

    > The only MMO I've ever come back to after such a departure was the
    > original EQ, although EQ2 will probably break my record for initial
    > involvement. Going on six months now, with no end in sight.

    Yeah, actually WoW is the only MMOG I've actually PLAYED for six months
    running. I've paid for accounts longer than that though LOL. But I'm pacing
    myself in this game and enjoying it, even though it's starting to get to
    the point where everyone is 60 except me. Meeting a genuine n3wb is always
    a refreshing thing.

    My /played on the main can't be more than 10 days and I got a half dozen
    alts that might total up to 4 or 5 days played. Basically any more gaming
    than this and I risk divorce and unemployment, which I won't do. :) Plus I
    like to do other games periodically. I had a stint with Jedi Academy, a
    brief fling with CoH, for a while, and did several review games. And some
    console gaming, with D&D Heroes on Xbox, and a bit of Halo 2.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
    >Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in
    >
    >> If you were transported to a real fantasy world you would be such a
    >> prick.
    >
    >You'd last about 2 minutes, about as long as it took you to insult the
    >first random person you encountered and ended up with a dirk in the gut.

    I would invent racism and use it to take power.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:16:51 +0800, Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza>
    wrote:

    >knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in
    >>
    >>> If you were transported to a real fantasy world you would be such a
    >>> prick.
    >>
    >>You'd last about 2 minutes, about as long as it took you to insult the
    >>first random person you encountered and ended up with a dirk in the gut.
    >
    >I would invent racism and use it to take power.

    The only way you would be the one to invent racism is if there is
    only one race when you got there, and how would you take power by
    making the entire world hate you for being different than they are?
    <grin>

    of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote:
    >Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in
    >

    >> If you were transported to a real fantasy world you would be such a
    >> prick.
    >
    >Hey, thanks for quoting the entire story to add that little bit of...I'm
    >not sure what that is exactly. I've heard that if it looks like poo and
    >smells like poo, then it must be poo.
    >
    >Perhaps you could just enlighten us as to how Bob was being a prick?
    >
    >Nevermind. I won't see it from my killfile, anyway.

    Did it hurt your feelings?
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Equally as impressive is the raid mob in PF. I can't remember it's
    > name (starts with an Ag I think?). If you enter PF and turn right at
    > Vox's pedestal, run straight back until you smack into the wall, and it
    > is in the room in the middle of that round room.

    Is that the icegill boss in the forge area? I've explored a lot of PF but
    stopped spending a lot of time there since getting access to the teleporter
    to SE and working on the Crown and Efreeti Boots. On a lark, we attacked
    Magolemus last night with a "raid force" of 7 adhoc players just to see what
    he was made of and had him down to 20% before he depopped on us. Didn't have
    enough DPS in the group with 2 chanters and 2 healers (what can I say, it
    was a guild group working herigates lol). But we learned that he is
    emminently doable, probably on our next attempt with a real group. The thing
    about Mago is that he has a wicked knockback and he stands out there in
    crevaces-of-lava-city and as you probably know, Hold the Line doesn't
    counter knockback. Knowing this, we pulled him right up to the SE door, put
    our tank's back in the corner and whacked away. Duck soup, but you still
    have to kill him within 15 minutes ...

    > I hate camping with every fiber of my being.
    > I like the scripted and triggered spawns much better. I think SBD is
    > just about the best way to do a quest as possible. No camping
    > anything, all the mobs spawned when you needed them, it was perfect.

    Amen to that. We have SBD on our calendar for this Friday in fact, it's that
    predictable. You can actually do it in one session, start to finish and plan
    it.

    --
    Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
    <Veritas>
    Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
    Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
    Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
    http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Bob Perez wrote:
    > "scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > Equally as impressive is the raid mob in PF. I can't remember it's
    > > name (starts with an Ag I think?). If you enter PF and turn right
    at
    > > Vox's pedestal, run straight back until you smack into the wall,
    and it
    > > is in the room in the middle of that round room.
    >
    > Is that the icegill boss in the forge area? I've explored a lot of PF
    but
    > stopped spending a lot of time there since getting access to the
    teleporter
    > to SE and working on the Crown and Efreeti Boots. On a lark, we
    attacked
    > Magolemus last night with a "raid force" of 7 adhoc players just to
    see what
    > he was made of and had him down to 20% before he depopped on us.
    Didn't have
    > enough DPS in the group with 2 chanters and 2 healers (what can I
    say, it
    > was a guild group working herigates lol). But we learned that he is
    > emminently doable, probably on our next attempt with a real group.
    The thing
    > about Mago is that he has a wicked knockback and he stands out there
    in
    > crevaces-of-lava-city and as you probably know, Hold the Line doesn't

    > counter knockback. Knowing this, we pulled him right up to the SE
    door, put
    > our tank's back in the corner and whacked away. Duck soup, but you
    still
    > have to kill him within 15 minutes ...

    No, this one is on the first floor. It is before the back entrance to
    the dog area. The room I am thinking of is a round room, lined with
    golems on the outside. It is the same as the statue room, except on
    the other side (turn right instead of left), and has golems instead of
    statues.

    That is how we beat him down also. That portal is the second best
    thing ever, right behind the working map in LS :P There really isn't a
    need for a full two groups on him except to get as many people through
    that step as possible and to beat the 15 minute timer.

    I really like the Bastion. That was really fun :) It helps if you
    have somebody with you who has done it to explain it, otherwise you get
    a lot of deaths.

    > Amen to that. We have SBD on our calendar for this Friday in fact,
    it's that
    > predictable. You can actually do it in one session, start to finish
    and plan
    > it.

    I have run about eight groups through SBD. It takes me between an hour
    and a half and two hours now. The fact that it works every time (well,
    for me - I know one guildie who had problems with the CoB part twice)
    makes me enjoy running people through it.

Games Power Video Games