SMC router "Blocked access attempt from" messages

My SMC router is being bombarded with "Blocked access attempt from"
messages. A lot of these requests come from 151.203.0.84 but there are many
other ip addresses there. Sometime I get 20 attempts per minute.

I wonder if this slows down my connection? I am on PPPOE DSL, so my ip
address changes all the time. Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks.

"Larry Sue" <no@eemail.com> wrote in message
> My SMC router is being bombarded with "Blocked access attempt from"
> messages. A lot of these requests come from 151.203.0.84 but there are
many
> other ip addresses there. Sometime I get 20 attempts per minute.

> I wonder if this slows down my connection? I am on PPPOE DSL, so my ip
> address changes all the time. Is there any way to stop this?

No not really -- the scans and attacks can slow the router down a little
bit. But think what would be happening if a computer's O/S and FW had to do
it with a direct connection and there was no router there.

The computer could be on its knees as the O/S and FW would have to stop it
as they used the machine's resources to do it.

Duane :)