best cooling wo water cooling

G

What is the best way to cool a system without using a water cooling system?

I'm not against water cooling or anything, but i think that's too much work for me considering i haven't really modded any cases or anything like that. I've built my own system, added a few fans, but nottin rly big. I don't want to get into water cooling yet.

G

Come on people... surely you know of good cooling without using a water cooling system

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
#1 - Buy Awesome HSF (Swifttech MCX-462 or Alpha PAL-8045)
#2 - Buy rounded cables and install them
#3 - Plan good airlow layout through case and buy fans to direct air in those directions
#4 - Use a dremel to add holes (I prefer 120mm; diameter of CD) and add fans accordingly.

This is such a vague question, I am having trouble answering it.

:tongue: Have you ever tried cooking an egg on your HSF? Tasty. :tongue:

G

the only thing i can think of is buying the best fan!
switech makes good ones..

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
Peltiers are VERY high end and VERY extreme, requiring many steps; insulation, good water cooling system, non-electrical grease to fill socket holes, etc.

Barely anyone even attempts this.

If you get one working, though, it is the best cooling solution you can get, barely short of refrigeration systems. Compared to refrigeration systems, peltiers are a lot more troublesome for less cooling ability.

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Switech makes fans?? Hmm. Also not mentioned, get a Huge case. More space, better cooling. At least a full tower at minimum.

<b>"These are my thoughts, your mileage may vary."

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
LoL Swifttech does not make FANS, they make the heatsinks and put fans on them. Hence, HSF (HeatSink/Fan).

I personally do not have a best fan brand, although Sunon, Delta, and Sanyo-Denki are some of the better variaties.

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
And I was responding to talkin', I just happened to scroll down all the way, got lazy, and clicked your name to reply to.

Sorry for the confusion. :smile: