Until installing SP2, fax console was working fine, now it crashes the whole
system when sending or receiving faxes. Has anyone any ideas how to fix it,
other than uninstalling SP2?

Many thanks!

What do you mean by crashing?? What exactly is the behaviour?? What error is
displayed?? Are there any events logged in the event viewer??

Thanks,
--
Chandrasekar R
purposes only.

"gpm_kp" <gpm_kp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Until installing SP2, fax console was working fine, now it crashes the
> whole
> system when sending or receiving faxes. Has anyone any ideas how to fix
> it,
> other than uninstalling SP2?
>
> Many thanks!

kiki

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

The system just freezes completely. No response to Ctrl-
ALt-Del - the only way out is hitting the reset button.

As far as I can tell, the error does not get logged in
the event log. There is an error in the application log
on rebooting, but I'm not sure if that is related. I
can't find any info in the KB on that.

===start error message in event log ===

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSDTC
Event Category: SVC
Event ID: 4437
Date: 25/09/2004
Time: 23:24
User: N/A
Computer: KIKIHOME
The account that the MS DTC service is running under is
invalid. This can happen if the service account
information has been changed using the Services snap-in
in Microsoft Management Console (MMC). MS DTC service
will continue to start. Please make sure that the MS DTC
service account information is updated using the
Component Services Explorer.

===end error message in event log ===

The link provided leads to a "thank yuo but we have no
information page". I've tried to find the MS DTC service
but can't seem to locate it.

I've uninstalled SP2 and the fax service (and reinstalled
the fax component - not SP2) but unfortuately the problem
persists. I'd be very grateful for any hints!

Many thanks,

KIki

confers no rights.
>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
alias is for newsgroup