Microsoft Fax crashes XP

Until installing SP2, fax console was working fine, now it crashes the whole
system when sending or receiving faxes. Has anyone any ideas how to fix it,
other than uninstalling SP2?

Many thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about microsoft crashes

    What do you mean by crashing?? What exactly is the behaviour?? What error is
    displayed?? Are there any events logged in the event viewer??

    Thanks,
    --
    Chandrasekar R
    purposes only.

    "gpm_kp" <gpm_kp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Until installing SP2, fax console was working fine, now it crashes the
    > whole
    > system when sending or receiving faxes. Has anyone any ideas how to fix
    > it,
    > other than uninstalling SP2?
    >
    > Many thanks!

    The system just freezes completely. No response to Ctrl-
    ALt-Del - the only way out is hitting the reset button.

    As far as I can tell, the error does not get logged in
    the event log. There is an error in the application log
    on rebooting, but I'm not sure if that is related. I
    can't find any info in the KB on that.

    ===start error message in event log ===

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSDTC
    Event Category: SVC
    Event ID: 4437
    Date: 25/09/2004
    Time: 23:24
    User: N/A
    Computer: KIKIHOME
    The account that the MS DTC service is running under is
    invalid. This can happen if the service account
    information has been changed using the Services snap-in
    in Microsoft Management Console (MMC). MS DTC service
    will continue to start. Please make sure that the MS DTC
    service account information is updated using the
    Component Services Explorer.

    ===end error message in event log ===

    The link provided leads to a "thank yuo but we have no
    information page". I've tried to find the MS DTC service
    but can't seem to locate it.

    I've uninstalled SP2 and the fax service (and reinstalled
    the fax component - not SP2) but unfortuately the problem
    persists. I'd be very grateful for any hints!

    Many thanks,

    KIki

    alias is for newsgroup
    >purposes only.
    >
    >"gpm_kp" <gpm_kp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    FB8B2D524A7E@microsoft.com...
    >> Until installing SP2, fax console was working fine,
    now it crashes the
    >> whole
    >> system when sending or receiving faxes. Has anyone any
    ideas how to fix
    >> it,
    >> other than uninstalling SP2?
    >>
    >> Many thanks!