overclocking my amd k6 533 mhz cpu?

G

hello all, i would like to try and overclock my amd k6 533 mhz cpu, could someone please help me out on how to do it? thank you alot, ladr

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You have something on your motherboard called a clock multiplier. Set that to 5.5x. You have something else called a bus speed. Set that to 100MHz. The clock multiplier runs the CPU at a multiple of the bus speed, in this case 5.5x100, which is 550.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

u can either set it using ur BIOS if your motherboard supports something called SoftMenu or if your motheroard has jumpers then refer to the manual and set it.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
all super7 boards are advanced socket7 boards and most of them have jumpers to set the multiplier as well as FSB.

Only some cheap jumperless (not softmenu) boards like Zida TX-100 have frequency selection through BIOS, but its rather a model selection, you cannot set the FSB and multiplier separately.

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

Saturn

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Until AMD Made the K6-2+, their processors weren't very capable of overclocking. You can only get a few megahertz faster for these chips. You should be able to make a 533 into a 550, and making the bus 100MHz will help a lot. I recently ran a K6-2 550 at 577, but couldn't do anything more.

:cool: <font color=blue> Blowing things up smells Aweful... </font color=blue>