samx88

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
hi please help me , i want to buy monitor for Video Games and i want to know if Samsung S23B550V is good or the old Samsung px2370 is better than him or LG E2251S-BN who costing half price of samsung Thanks Thanks

boabs

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-165-SA&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

ive just order that . thats the cheapest place ive found it its aboot £500 every where else.

IainCheesecake

Distinguished
May 8, 2011

The old px2370 is an awesome monitor, I have the 'updated' version which is actually not as good :L

IainCheesecake

Distinguished
May 8, 2011

He's gaming... not editing photos, and a Samsung monitor isn't rubbish by any means.

samsung are famous for the back light bleeding.
my syncmaster 2494hs 3years old now has back light bleeding right around the outer edge traveling about an inch in. its not that noticeable but it is there... better try a different brand.
dell ultra sharp are some of the best, a m8 has 1 and its a very nice crisp led back lit screen.
my much cheaper but newer lg on the other hand is much crisper in colour and has no back light bleeding. i dunno if samsungs new led panels have the same issues today but to be honest i am less than impressed by there overall standard of quality...

a brand to stay well clear of are hanns-g there monitors last about 18 months and the power brick goes. i had 2 returns in the warranty period and the 3rd died 8 months after the inital 2 year warranty ran out. all 3 went with the same issue. also they do not honor there dead pixel warranty return. i had 2 dead pixels within 1 inch in the upper center of the screen and a 3rd at the edge, they refused to rma it because all 3 were not within 2 inches of each other. while there warranty said if you have 2 dead pixels they would replace the screen... that wasnt the end of it. each rma took weeks. the first took about 5 weeks from first email to replacement, the second took a week less and the third took nearly 2 months. never again will i buy or recommend a screen from them... they may have a good rep in Europe but in the uk it sux...

IainCheesecake

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
Yeah I'd agree with the Dell Ultra Sharps being awesome, but I always thought they were IPS panels? Which aren't so good for gaming. I haven't noticed any backlight bleeding on mine, but yeah the old panels had it pretty bad sometimes.