hpdeskjet ink cartridges running out faster with XP Prof u..

Leslie

I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to XP Professional. I have a hp deskjet
960c color printer. Using the same printer settings that I was using before
the upgrade, the print quality is now darker and therefore, I am running
through a black and color cartridge each month compared to what I was before,
quarterly. I do not see any other changes that can be made to the printer
settings to create a lighter print.
These cartridges aren't cheap, this increased useage will run close to
$500/year.
Any suggestions?

So go into printer properties and change something..

"Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to XP Professional. I have a hp
>deskjet
> 960c color printer. Using the same printer settings that I was using
> before
> the upgrade, the print quality is now darker and therefore, I am running
> through a black and color cartridge each month compared to what I was
> before,
> quarterly. I do not see any other changes that can be made to the printer
> settings to create a lighter print.
> These cartridges aren't cheap, this increased useage will run close to
> $500/year.
> Any suggestions?

Leslie

Believe me, I've played around with the printer properties and I've changed
everything I could. Some of the options displayed are grayed out and I can't
get a pulldown menu to make any further changes to address the problem.